Caramelhonee!! Got bangs done today. And you?

I remember you writing about thinking of doing them. Have you done them already? If not, then if you do, see if Linda at the salon will do them for you. She's really good. She's a fave stylist of mine but is NEVER in the salon (always doing hair for movies and shows) but she's there right now and I got her to do me. She's brilliant!!!

Two big thumbs up for Linda (and Marcia of course for doing a good touch up again today).

Just thought I'd share a name while she's around in case you haven't done the cut yet
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
okay I'll update now : )

[/ QUOTE ]

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
dance7.gif
bouncy.gif

Good to "see" you again, BRH.
wave.gif
I'll bet your bangs look cute. I'm looking at your signature at wondering if you're sure you're not already at brastrap, since you were right about there last summer! Man, I wish I lived in New York so I wouldn't have to live in fear of "stylists." Finding a non-scissor-happy stylist who won't peel off the scalp with inept relaxer touchups has turned out to be somewhat like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Nyambura, hi!
wave.gif

I had a big trim around mid to end of Feb (after I slacked off with watching ends over winter) so had to sacrifice alot of length then and get used to shorter hair but I liked it since the ends looked ALOT better after. I've kinda stopped going for length now and more looking after the health and condition and wearing a hair style (thus the bangs). I prefer not thinking about length anymore like I used to. I forget about it now which feels liberating in some way
laugh.gif

It is tough finding trust worthy stylists. Do you use somewhere currently that you don't like? If you see anyone with hair you like: relatives or strangers, ask them where they go. Heck I've done it to strangers before when I went through a wanting a colour phase and they're more than happy to tell.

Hey BRH
wave.gif
Your hair looks stunning as usual!
wink.gif

I'm totally feeling you on the forgetting about length thing. Right now I've shifted my goal from obtaining length to just maintaining my health.
smile.gif

Thank you Dontspeakdefeat!

Hi Armyqt - how are you? It feels better to work on health instead anyway and whatever happens with that, happens
smile.gif
Its stopped me obssessing on length (and buying less products too).

Good too 'see' you.

Hey ma
wave.gif

i haven't done them yet (i just read your post about having the guy on 50th hook u up). I think i know who Linda is, she's the slim, spanish woman correct (the only one who Marcia lets do her relaxers)? How much is the charge for a bang cut and what style did u get?

CarmelHonee, yes Linda is that one; that Marcia alone trusts to do her own relaxer touch ups.

I don't know how much the bang cut is (Marcia did this for me as a favour). The style is sort of slanted ish on the sides. I had her cut them slightly shorter than I'd like so that they grow out well and I have the style for longer (my bangs grow out superfast).

Hi
wave.gif

Okay... ya'll i think im gonna do it
smile.gif
I believe bangs will bring out my face, esp. since i wear buns all the time

BRH
wave.gif
your hair looks fabulous!! Good seeing u i was wondering if u were ok - havent seen u in a while
smile.gif

I too have not been obsessing about the hair and products too much - working on my weight
look.gif
smile.gif

and u know u were right - cardio is everything
smile.gif
wave.gif

between what u told me eons ago and with the help of carrie - ive lost 40lbs
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Hey BRH
wave.gif
Your hair looks stunning as usual!
wink.gif

I'm totally feeling you on the forgetting about length thing. Right now I've shifted my goal from obtaining length to just maintaining my health.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Co-signing!!
smile.gif
GREAT hair, BRH!!!
clap.gif
And I'm also shifting my goal to health first, length second, ArmyQT!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
It's so much less stressful that way!!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NYCchild said:
BRH
wave.gif
your hair looks fabulous!! Good seeing u i was wondering if u were ok - havent seen u in a while
smile.gif

I too have not been obsessing about the hair and products too much - working on my weight
look.gif
smile.gif

and u know u were right - cardio is everything
smile.gif
wave.gif

between what u told me eons ago and with the help of carrie - ive lost 40lbs
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is FANTASTIC news!!!! Wow you must look amazing. Thats a big weight loss! How have you been managing your hair with the exercising?

Good to see you too
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Okay... ya'll i think im gonna do it
smile.gif
I believe bangs will bring out my face, esp. since i wear buns all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know how it goes! and give Marcia your real name so she'll know who I was talking about when I mentioned you
laugh.gif

For those of you have bangs,how do u wash and air dry your hair? I know that bangs should be sleek and smooth all the time. I am assuming that you dry your hair in a rollerset style for the most part
scratchchin.gif
. I've been giving this some thought b/c all throughout HS I've pretty much worn bangs. But back then I washed my hair like every 1-2 weeks and its always straight/smooth. The longest I go now is washing once a week and thats hardly. Another problem I had when I had bangs was touch up time. The roots of my bangs would start to wave and I think bangs should be pretty straight. You can't just brush it back and head out the door, they must be on point, which takes more maintenance
perplexed.gif
. Anyone care to shed some light ?

hmm... managing my hair... lemme see

well im lazy in that department and dont like to wash it every day - ashamedly i have to say i wash it every other day, heck sometimes even every two days
look.gif
frown.gif

Marcia told me about using Listerine on my scalp to clean it - so i do that when i dont wash -
ohwell.gif

I do deep condition every sat'day tho
smile.gif

Back