Carol's Daughter Launches "Chocolat" Its First Hair Smoothing Collection

naturalmanenyc

I did a search and not see this posted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/carols-daughter-lauches-c_n_1021581.html

Carol's Daughter Launches "Chocolat" Its First Hair Smoothing Collection

First Posted: 10/20/11 09:01 AM ET Updated: 10/20/11 11:30 AM ET

Carol's Daughter has launched the Chocolat Smoothing Collection--the company's first line of products dedicated to hair straightening.

The 3-step collection (Smoothing shampoo, Smoothing conditioner and Smoothing Blow Dry Cream) of sulfate-free products is designed to physically rebuild hair structure from the inside out. Whether you chemically treat your hair of have natural tresses, the products will work on all hair types.

Lisa Price, the company's Founder and CEO, was inspired by a cup of smooth hot chocolate when dreaming up the products.

And don't worry about smelling like a chocolate milkshake. Although Cacao extract is an active ingredient, the products have a "chocolate floral scent," Price told BlackVoices. There are hints of Ylang, Iris and vanilla to help round out the sweet chocolate base.

"It's a very wonderful experience when you're blowing our your hair to have this chocolate floral thing going on. Usually you just smell hair when you blow out your hair, but with this you have a really great sensory experience in the shower and out of the shower," Price adds.

In celebration of the company's foray into the smoothing category, they have tapped Bibby Garcia as the expert blow-out stylist for Carol's Daughter. Garcia is hailed as the best Latina hairstylist in America by Latina magazine.

"Bibby is a perfect fit for the brand and emblematic of the Carol's Daughter woman," says Price.

The idea of the "Carol's Daughter woman" has expanded quite a bit in recent months with the signing of Solange Knowles, Cassie and Seltia Ebanks as spokeswomen for the brand. The company has broadened its view of what it means to be a woman of color and reflecting that in their branding and advertising.

Coffee

Ok, sigh....I hit the send button. I got the one for relaxed hair....of course. They also included a free gift of Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo and free shipping.

greenandchic

hmm, I'mma need the ingredients.

CHOCOLÄT SMOOTHING SHAMPOO 8.5 OZ. - $18
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG-150 Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Shea Butter Glycereth-8 Esters, Macadamia Seed Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Coconut Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Fragrance (Parfum), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Polyquaternium-4, Quaternium-91, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polyquaternium-7, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Butylene Glycol, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

CHOCOLÄT SMOOTHING CONDITIONER 8.5 OZ. - $20
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Isododecane, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium 91, Amodimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Panthenol, Jojoba Esters, Hydrolyzed Silk, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-4, Cetrimonium Chloride, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

CHOCOLÄT SMOOTH BLOW DRY CREAM 3.9 OZ. - $22
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polyester-5, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Isohexadecane Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Panthenol, Sodium Methoxy PEG-16 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Sorbitan Stearate, Steareth-2, Jojoba Esters, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Hydrolyzed Silk , PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Polyimide-1, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Octyldodecanol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Polyquaternium-4, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

kupenda

Those ingredients aren't calling me sooooo...I'll pass. Waiting for reviews

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MDinLA

They're just products to moisturize, tame frizz and make your hair easier to straighten akin to Redken's Smooth Down line.

What do you mean by "easier to straighten"? Do u mean straighten if you flat iron? Or straighten if you blowdry natural hair? I'm relaxed so I'm trying to figure out if this will benefit me in anyway.

lilyofthenile

I think it's great for Carol's Daughter. But having really checked out a lot of their products in Sephora, I think I was kind of disappointed by their range (except for the Black Vanilla or whatever it's called).

I don't know if it's just me, I just do not like the smell of her products generally, the ingredients and the price... lawd.

empressri

I saw this line 3 weeks ago before they put it on the CD's website. Of course I couldn't find any info on it anywhere then.

Dposh167

CD always had a bad habit of putting proteins in their creams. Its really annoying cuz they can be pretty potent and make your hair hard. i'll pass too