Carol's Daughter Products

Adaj

Hey Ladies,

Do any of you use her products? I use them on dd's hair. I use the Tui Shampoo and Leave-In conditioner in her hair. I also use the Hair Milk and Mimosa Hair Honey. I think it's doing its job, but not too sure.

Do any of you use her products? If so, which ones? Do you like it? Have you seen results?

Sundiva

Hey Ladies,

Do any of you use her products? I use them on dd's hair. I use the Tui Shampoo and Leave-In conditioner in her hair. I also use the Hair Milk and Mimosa Hair Honey. I think it's doing its job, but not too sure.

Do any of you use her products? If so, which ones? Do you like it? Have you seen results?

Im a newbie but I do have experience with Carol's daughter products. I have used the shampoo and leave-in conditioners in the Tui and Black Vanilla and the Khoret(i think that is what that's called). I have also used the Hair Milk. I LOVE the Hair milk and the black vanilla leave-in conditioner. I wish I could get bigger containers. I do not like any of her shampoos. They really leave my hair feeling too dry. I have 4a/b type hair so that isn't good to be that dry:perplexed

Hope this helps

mkd

I used the hair milk and I didn't like it. I use the healthy hair butter on my son, but when the jar is gone, I will not repurchase, I can't stand the smell.

natural2008

the HHB does kind of stink. I have some as well and plan to use it all up and will not repurchase either.

chebaby

i use and am in love with several of her products.
i use the healthy hair butter everyday and it keeps my hair soft and moisturized.
i pre poo overnight with the black vanilla smoothie and will not be without this stuff. its amazing. i also have the khoret amen and tui smoothie and cant wait to try those.

i also love the tui and black vanilla shampoo.
i do not like the leave ins.

i love the hair milk for my wet buns during the summer and i like the hair balm as well. the hair balm gives a crazy shine that my coconut oil doesnt even give.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I spent almost 200 bucks on CD before finding LHCF. I was extremely disappointed. The products are overhyped and waaaay overpriced. If you want some high quality natural products, I'd go with Qhemet Biologics or Hairveda. Leaps and bounds above anything Carol's Daughter will EVER make!

The body products are good though (except for the lipgloss, that was garbage too)

Do a search, you'll see how a lot of people feel about Carol's Daughter :yep:

*cough*itsucks*cough*

SouthernDimps

Someone bought me a jar of the Healthy Hair Butter for Christmas. The scent doesn't bother me but I don't think it's worth the price. It leave my hair moisturized but I've found better options.

hair_rehab

Ive tried the hair smoothie, it was okay. I have the hair milk and it worked great for my relaxed hair but now that I'm natural it does nothing for me.

Nayna

Unbothered
I've tried the mimosa hair honey (it worked when I was transitioning), the kizzy stay put pomade (I dont know what it was supposed to be putting in place), and the healthy hair butter(smelled weird, my sister tried to push it on to me, i kindly refused), I wont buy nor use any of them either again, but I like her lotions, lol

Darlingdiva u just reminded me that I used that Lisa's hair elixir, it spilled all over my stuff! lol

Last edited:

darlingdiva

Okay, I'll start off positively:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Black Vanilla Leave-In. I have three unopened bottles of it in the bathroom right now. I know that it's labeled as "hair perfume" by many, but it conditions & detangles my hair.

The Lisa's Hair Elixir is pretty good, too, but I don't like that it's so heavy. It used to be my oil of choice before I discovered KBB Hair Oil.

Now, on to the less-than-positive-reviews:

In my opinion, HHB isn't all that. It's just aight. I didn't notice that it had any super moisturizing qualities.

The Tui Smoothie didn't condition or moisturize my hair at all. It made my hair feel coated.

And now, for the worst of the worst:

CD Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo is the WORST hair product that I have ever used. It left my hair extremely hard and tangled. When I used it, it felt like my hair was going through a metamorphosis of textures.

divinempress

I prefer her body products..I bought all flavors of the souffles and liked them.
The Black Vanilla leave-in made my hair hard.
The Tui Smoothie was horrible..my hair didn't feel moisturized and I hardly got any slip. I also have the Tui oil which doesnt even compare to other (much cheaper) oils.
The Rosemary Mint shampoo was an absolute waste of money.

I would never purchase Carol's Daughter again, not while there are other better products out there

chamomile

I spent almost 200 bucks on CD before finding LHCF. I was extremely disappointed. The products are overhyped and waaaay overpriced. If you want some high quality natural products, I'd go with Qhemet Biologics or Hairveda. Leaps and bounds above anything Carol's Daughter will EVER make!

The body products are good though (except for the lipgloss, that was garbage too)

Do a search, you'll see how a lot of people feel about Carol's Daughter :yep:

*cough*itsucks*cough*

Yes, Carol's Daughter is very good at the shiny advertising.

Last Christmas before I found LHCF, I basically blew all my money on her products at Sephora. I was so upset and let-down, and hated everything I had bought.

The only thing I really genuinely like is the Rosemary Mint Shampoo, which I still use from time to time. It doesn't clean my hair and does build up, but it's perfect for gently cleansing just my scalp.

Spend your money on a more worthwhile brand like Aubrey Organics. This stuff is just goodsmelling corn oil and beeswax. :ohwell: