CHI Silk Infusion

angellazette

I picked this up at a Regis salon earlier today, so how should I use it?

I was thinking about using my Elucence as a leave in, then applying the Silk Infusion before blow drying then ending with my Biolage Smoothing Serum after using my Sedu.

What about when not using heat? I mostly use a leave in and then follow up with something creamy...(think Happy Nappy Styles or Whipped Pudding). I would assume the silk infusion would go right after the leave in.

Anyway, any tips or recs on how to use it would be appreciated!

navsegda

angellazette said:
I picked this up at a Regis salon earlier today, so how should I use it?

I was thinking about using my Elucence as a leave in, then applying the Silk Infusion before blow drying then ending with my Biolage Smoothing Serum after using my Sedu.

What about when not using heat? I mostly use a leave in and then follow up with something creamy...(think Happy Nappy Styles or Whipped Pudding). I would assume the silk infusion would go right after the leave in.

Anyway, any tips or recs on how to use it would be appreciated!
I apply a leave-in (Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Anti-Split Ends Treatment and Motions Nourish) and heat protectant (JOICO Reconstruct Leave-In Protectant and/or Nexxus Heat Protexx) immediately after I finish conditioning my hair and before I blow dry (I also use Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk). After I'm done blow drying, I then apply the CHI Silk Infusion to the 4 sections I divided my hair in and flat iron. The Silk Infusion is a serum itself, so once you use it, you won't need another afterwards.

I also use the Silk Infusion on days I'm not using heat and it works just as well.

Last edited:

egg200

I agree with navsegda. I have used it w heat and w/o. I am currently stretching (last self-relaxed in August) and I use it after my leave in, sometimes mixed w a little of the fantasia gel or whatever else I am putting on my hair.

pistachio

I just bought some from Regis two days ago and I used my L'oreal ironing mist before falt-ironing, and the CHI serum aterwards to seal moisture. I'm thinking about applying it tomorrow after cleaning my hair, and then letting my hair air-dry with it. Once it's dry, apply my ironing mist, and then flat-iron my hair.