Christian Book Reviews

taytay86

Hi All,

What are some of your favourite books, and what have they done to enrich your life/spirituality?

I recently looked into some good books by T.D. Jakes - The lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord, Woman thou art loosed!, Not easily Broken etc. I am also interested in reading Ty Adams' Single Saved and Having Sex.

Please share your thoughts!

Chrissy811

Big Christian reader here actually just bought a few last week. Now are you looking for books in regards to Christian Living or Christian Fiction I have book shelves full of both. If you tell me what you are interested in I can make a list of some goodies....right now I am reading Beth Moore's get out of that pit: straight talk about deliverance.

taytay86

Big Christian reader here actually just bought a few last week. Now are you looking for books in regards to Christian Living or Christian Fiction I have book shelves full of both. If you tell me what you are interested in I can make a list of some goodies....right now I am reading Beth Moore's get out of that pit: straight talk about deliverance.

Hi Mrs. Jones! I am interested in both actually - but the Christian fiction is more appealing :)

Please share your list!

taytay86

I found a few on Amazon.com, but they don't have the search inside feature:rolleyes: - ladies, please share your opinions:

Proverbs 31 Man - Michelle Mckinney Hammond
Waiting and Dating - Myles Munroe
No More Sheets - Juanita Bynum

TIA

Chrissy811

I found a few on Amazon.com, but they don't have the search inside feature:rolleyes: - ladies, please share your opinions:

Proverbs 31 Man - Michelle Mckinney Hammond
Waiting and Dating - Myles Munroe
No More Sheets - Juanita Bynum

TIA

I have Proverbs 31 Man but have not found time to read it. But I do suggest her Divatudes book and the Secrets of an irresistable woman oh and What to do until love finds you is another good one.

I have never read any of Myles Munroes books but have several of his tapes and he is a good teacher.

No more sheets was good, to me this was Juanita at her best , she was really annointed during this period. I wish I would have read these type of books when I was in my 20's. Lord knows I do!!!

taytay86

I have Proverbs 31 Man but have not found time to read it. But I do suggest her Divatudes book and the Secrets of an irresistable woman oh and What to do until love finds you is another good one.

I have never read any of Myles Munroes books but have several of his tapes and he is a good teacher.

No more sheets was good, to me this was Juanita at her best , she was really annointed during this period. I wish I would have read these type of books when I was in my 20's. Lord knows I do!!!

would you recommed Juanita's No More Sheets book or DVD?

Amz87

Myles Munroe books are good. I've got maximising your potential and the others in the series. I've haven't read them all yet but listened to the messages and use the devotional/journal based on the books. Been blessed by them so far.

The Prayer of jabez is another good book I think, it's the last one I read. by Bruce Wikinson.

NOLA2NY

I am a Christian Book Junkie!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My favorite author is Francine Rivers. She writes Christian fiction. I have read everything she has written but I recommend to everyone, Redeeming Love. After reading this book my entire outlook on relationships and love changed. Its' loosely based on the book of Hosea. You've got to read! The Attonement Child; The last sin eater; The scarlet thread; And the shofar blew; Leota Graden; The Shoe Box; Sons of Encourgement Series( the priest; the warrior; the prince; the prophet; the scribe) Lineage of Grace Series ( Unveiled; unashamed; unshaken; unspoken; unafraid) The Mark of the Lion series ( A voice in the wind; An echo in the darkness; As sure as the dawn)* ANOTHER FAVORITE

Juanita Bynum: No more Sheets: The DVD is powerful. Life changing powerful. The book did not have the same effect. Right now I'm not really feeling Juanita so she's not high on my list. Besides Matters of the Heart was not good... No more sheets, if you must stick to the DVD.

Michelle Mckinney Hammond: She has written so much and all of her books are very good but also very repetitive. I wouldn't suggest getting all of them, even though I have them, unless you feel the repetitveness will help things sink in better. You can't go wrong with any that you choose. Her fiction book was pretty good. The Last Ten Percent
I look forward to reading her new works.

Victoria Christopher Murray: I truly enjoy her books. They are not over the top religious and are very good because she addresses the human element of christianity. He books are about real christians and real struggles. Temptation; A Sin and a Shame; Truth be told; Joy; Just released on June 3rd: Too Little, Too Late.

P Bunny Wilson: Knight in shining armour: I love this book. It has a great approach to being single. She taught me the importance of praying for my husband everyday even thought I have not met him yet. Also she ask that you make a 6 month committment to not date as you work thru her book and your life. Great all around.

John Rohn:12 Pillars: Simple read life long princples. You can read this book in 1 day but the wisdom is great great great. My copy of this book is so marked up and I even have indexed notes from this book. It is a great life book.

Beverly Lewis: I am some what of a history buff and I like different cultures. Her books are based on amish life in PA. I was truly shocked on the drama and the religious perspective of the Amish. Getting thru some of the stories were a little grulling because the pace was very slow. Overall interesting stories and if you read one in the series you will read more because you want to know what happens to the different characters. She has too many book to list, but she also wrote the book Redemption of Susan Cain which the movie Saving Susan Cain was based.

Ty Adams: Single Saved & having sex. Very good very real even though the cover is kinda sleezy. It's taking a look at the hard truth.

Tommy Tenney: Haddassah: One Night with the King; The Hadassah Covenant: A Queen's Legagcy. I really enjoy his books. These two are based on the story of Esther and the sequel is based in present day middle east. I thought the author did an excellent job. He has quite an imagination and has a great balance between the present and past.

Ok..I'll stop for now. As you can see, I could go on for days. I love to read. Currently at 2 books a week. Just got finished reading another good book. Defining Moments. Jaqueline Thomas she and Victoria a friends and she speaks of some of Victoria characters in her books

Last edited:

taytay86

I am a Christian Book Junkie!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My favorite author is Francine Rivers. She writes Christian fiction. I have read everything she has written but I recommend to everyone, Redeeming Love. After reading this book my entire outlook on relationships and love changed. Its' loosely based on the book of Hosea. You've got to read! The Attonement Child; The last sin eater; The scarlet thread; And the shofar blew; Leota Graden; The Shoe Box; Sons of Encourgement Series( the priest; the warrior; the prince; the prophet; the scribe) Lineage of Grace Series ( Unveiled; unashamed; unshaken; unspoken; unafraid) The Mark of the Lion series ( A voice in the wind; An echo in the darkness; As sure as the dawn)* ANOTHER FAVORITE

Juanita Bynum: No more Sheets: The DVD is powerful. Life changing powerful. The book did not have the same effect. Right now I'm not really feeling Juanita so she's not high on my list. Besides Matters of the Heart was not good... No more sheets, if you must stick to the DVD.

Michelle Mckinney Hammond: She has written so much and all of her books are very good but also very repetitive. I wouldn't suggest getting all of them, even though I have them, unless you feel the repetitveness will help things sink in better. You can't go wrong with any that you choose. Her fiction novel was pretty good. I look forward to reading her new work. The Last Ten Percent

Victoria Christopher Murray: I truly enjoy her books. They are not over the top religious and are very good because she addresses the human element of christianity. He books are about real christians and real struggles. Temptation; A Sin and a Shame; Truth be told; Joy; Just released on June 3rd: Too Little, Too Late.

P Bunny Wilson: Knight in shining armour: I love this book. It has a great approach to being single. She taught me the importance of praying for my husban everyday even thought I have not met him yet. Also she ask that you make a 6 month committment to not date as you work thru her book and your life. Great all around.

John Rohn:12 Pillars: Simple read life long princples. You can read this book in 1 day but the wisdom is great great great. My copy of this book is so marked up and I even have indexed notes from this book. It is a great life book.

Beverly Lewis: I am some what of a history buff and I like different cultures. Her books are based on amish life in PN. I was truly shocked on the drama and the religious perspective of the Amish. Getting thru some of the stories were a little grulling because the pace was very slow. Overall interesting stories and if you read one in the series you will read more because you want to know what happens to the different characters. She has too many book to list, but she also wrote the book Redemption of Susan Cain which the movie Saving Susan Cain was based.

Ty Adams: Single Saved & having sex. Very good very real even though the cover is kinda sleezy. It's taking a look at the hard truth.

Tommy Tenney: Haddassah: One Night with the King; The Hadassah Covenant: A Queen's Legagcy. I really enjoy his books. These two are based on the story of Esther and the sequel is based in present day middle east. I thought the author did an excellent job. He has quite an imagination and has a great balance between the present and past.

Ok..I'll stop for now. As you can see, I could go on for days. I love to read. Currently at 2 books a week. Just got finished reading another good book. Defining Moments.

No please, if there are more recommedations please share! Thanks so much for list!

Evolving78

Paula White "Deal With It"
this book is so awsome
I think everyone woman she read it.
she discusses different women in the bible and some of the obstacles that they went through, how they were able to overcome them, and how their stories could relate to something you might be going through.

Sirens_Song

I loved The Ezekiel Option by Joel C. Rosenberg. If you love political thrillers this is a page turner. I did not want to put this book down! It's based on end time prophecies; the chain of events are ENTIRELY believable.
This guy can write!

Sirens_Song

Oh yea... No More Sheets DVD is life changing.
I have the book also and its not as impactful as the DVD.

I do believe she had an anointing at this time ...as for now, we just need to keep her in prayer.

ultrasuede

I am just finishing The Battle Belongs To The Lord by Joyce Meyer and it is a very insightful book which focuses on worship,praise and prayer. Especially when going through tough situations and problems.

NGraceO

If i were to list all of my favorite chrisitan authors we'd be here all day. However, to narrow it down anything from the publishers "Walk Worthy Press" or "urban Chrisitan" are AWESOME. A few of my fav. authors are Kendra Norman Bellamy, her daughter Brittany Holmes, Stephanie Perry Moore, A Book called "brother word (4get who wrote it), a book called "seasons( i forget who wrote it too)"...and many more!!

pearlygurl

I looooove Francine Rivers. Redeeming Love is the first book I've ever read that made me shed a tear! :lachen:

If you like mysteries and supense I would recommend Ted Dekker's books.

As of now I am reading The Power of a Praying Wife and A Wife's Prayer: Seeking God's Best for Your Husband

I'm not married yet but I guess there is no harm in praying for my future husband now.

taytay86

I looooove Francine Rivers. Redeeming Love is the first book I've ever read that made me shed a tear! :lachen:

If you like mysteries and supense I would recommend Ted Dekker's books.

As of now I am reading The Power of a Praying Wife and A Wife's Prayer: Seeking God's Best for Your Husband

I'm not married yet but I guess there is no harm in praying for my future husband now.

True, I read a few chapers in "A Woman's High Calling" and it's great. It really teaches young women how to be "proper" in all aspects.

LivingDoll

Thanks for so many good suggestions ladies! I totally agree with the other posters about Juanita Bynum's "No More Sheets"...it truely is life changing. She was definitely anointed back then...very different than the Juanita Bynum that we're seeing now.

GloriousPraise

Today, I finished reading "Through the Storm" by Vanessa Miller. It was excellent Christian fiction. She writes and interjects scripture, mystery, and ministry into a great story line. My co-worker says that she has a whole series of books, and I think this is the most recent in the series.

empressaja

I just finished reading "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado. An absolutely lovely book. It's about coming thirsty to the lord and drinking of him until satisfied. A friend lent me a 3 in 1 Come Thirsty", "Traveling Light", and "Next Door Savior" all by Lucado. I recommend all three books.

Nayeli

Im co-signing on anything Victoria Christopher Murray - my copy of Temptation has grease stains, a broken spine, and several pages with folds. Yet, it remains my holy grail. I believe I have read everything she has written, except the new June release. Another favorite is That Faith, That Trust, That Love by Jamellah Ellis - an absolute must read. These two are wonderful because they aren't dogmatic. They examine the lives of women who trust God completely, even when it is exceedingly challenging to do so.