Christian Psychics/Prophets

cocoberry10

This is a spinoff from Gloomgeisha's tarot thread in OT http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=144449

I know that there are prophets in the bible. And I believe that God gifts some with the ability to see, feel, hear things. And one cannot deny how some psychics have helped solve murders, find missing persons, etc. and I truly believe this gift is from God. However, how would one know if he/she was dealing with Godly power or some other power? I thought this would be an interesting thread. I hope it stays civil!

PaperClip

There is no such thing as a "Christian" psychic.... either this revelatory gift is being credited to the Lord or to the devil....

Just as the word says that gifts are given WITHOUT repentence, a person can be gifted to "see", be endowed with revelatory gifting, e.g., prophecy. Now the SOURCE from which that person uses that gift determines if it prophecy (God speaking) or the devil (psychics).

Think about it: the devil got kicked out of heaven and he does his best to MIMIC the Lord because he wanted to be "LIKE" God...but nobody can be GOD but GOD....

So even from biblical times to today, there were psychics, astrologers, etc. but the Bible refers to these things as the OCCULT because it is seeking OTHER GODS to get things...that's why some of the stuff these psychics say is SEEMINGLY on point but in essence, these folk are dealing with FAMILIAR spirits....

Acts 16:16-18
16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Same passage from The Message:
16-18One day, on our way to the place of prayer, a slave girl ran into us. She was a psychic and, with her fortunetelling, made a lot of money for the people who owned her. She started following Paul around, calling everyone's attention to us by yelling out, "These men are working for the Most High God. They're laying out the road of salvation for you!" She did this for a number of days until Paul, finally fed up with her, turned and commanded the spirit that possessed her, "Out! In the name of Jesus Christ, get out of her!" And it was gone, just like that.

Nice & Wavy

There is no such thing as a "Christian" psychic.... either this revelatory gift is being credited to the Lord or to the devil....

Just as the word says that gifts are given WITHOUT repentence, a person can be gifted to "see", be endowed with revelatory gifting, e.g., prophecy. Now the SOURCE from which that person uses that gift determines if it prophecy (God speaking) or the devil (psychics).

Think about it: the devil got kicked out of heaven and he does his best to MIMIC the Lord because he wanted to be "LIKE" God...but nobody can be GOD but GOD....

So even from biblical times to today, there were psychics, astrologers, etc. but the Bible refers to these things as the OCCULT because it is seeking OTHER GODS to get things...that's why some of the stuff these psychics say is SEEMINGLY on point but in essence, these folk are dealing with FAMILIAR spirits....

Acts 16:16-18
16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Same passage from The Message:
16-18One day, on our way to the place of prayer, a slave girl ran into us. She was a psychic and, with her fortunetelling, made a lot of money for the people who owned her. She started following Paul around, calling everyone's attention to us by yelling out, "These men are working for the Most High God. They're laying out the road of salvation for you!" She did this for a number of days until Paul, finally fed up with her, turned and commanded the spirit that possessed her, "Out! In the name of Jesus Christ, get out of her!" And it was gone, just like that.

Excellent post!

Southernbella.

This is a spinoff from Gloomgeisha's tarot thread in OT http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=144449

I know that there are prophets in the bible. And I believe that God gifts some with the ability to see, feel, hear things. And one cannot deny how some psychics have helped solve murders, find missing persons, etc. and I truly believe this gift is from God. However, how would one know if he/she was dealing with Godly power or some other power? I thought this would be an interesting thread. I hope it stays civil!

There is a scripture...I'll try to find it for you...about prophets, and how you will know if they are true prophets because if they are, what they say will come to pass. It's as simple as that. I've come to realize that a lot of the prophets and prophetesses out there these days are self-proclaimed, because none of what they have said has come to pass.

I'll be back!

ETA:

Deut. 18:20-22

20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

This one is about signs and wonders...

Deut 13:1-3

1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Last edited:

cocoberry10

There is a scripture...I'll try to find it for you...about prophets, and how you will know if they are true prophets because if they are, what they say will come to pass. It's as simple as that. I've come to realize that a lot of the prophets and prophetesses out there these days are self-proclaimed, because none of what they have said has come to pass.

I'll be back!

ETA:

Deut. 18:20-22

20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

This one is about signs and wonders...

Deut 13:1-3

1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Thanks Lauren. Do you believe a true prophet would make a living off of their prophecy? I mean if this was their gift (just like singing and artwork), wouldn't it be okay? I'm not saying this for myself, I'm just wondering! Thanks ladies

Southernbella.

If you mean prophecy as described in the Bible, which is used to edify the church, then no, I don't think they should profit from this gift.

live2bgr8

This is a really good thread--

Both RR and Lauren hit the nail on the head... Also-- many of the prohets of the Bible had to endure real hardship and ridicule... They were not living it up-- so to speak...

Especially, when the message was not what the people wanted to hear because it was a chastening from the Lord.

ETA: 2 Timothy 4: 3- 4 warns "3 For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.

Last edited:

hair_wit_favor

If you receive a word from a prophet--search the Bible regarding that subject, nothing a prophet says should contradict the word of God...and ask God if what the prophet said is a word from Him for you...

cocoberry10

This is a really good thread--

Both RR and Lauren hit the nail on the head... Also-- many of the prohets of the Bible had to endure real hardship and ridicule... They were not living it up-- so to speak...

Especially, when the message was not what the people wanted to hear because it was a chastening from the Lord.

ETA: 2 Timothy 4: 3- 4 warns "3 For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.

I can definitely believe this. When I went to see “Evan Almighty,” it made me think of what Noah probably had to go through when he told people about the flood!

kweenameena

Wow!! I was just thinking to start a thread like this. The other day my friend invited me to her church because a prophet and his daughter (who is a prophet) were coming to prophesy to individuals in the congregation. I was curious. But I'm very skeptical!!! So I passed on it

She said he told her that she would be able to travel soon and her money woes would soon go away.

He told her grandmother that she would live long or something like that. And she was like "what about my sickness" (she was just diagnosed with cervical cancer) and he was like she didn't have to worry about it..just soak in a salt bath 3 days in a row..

I'm not sure about it. I believe there are prophets but I'm very skeptical!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Here's the answer that stays in my heart. The phophet (of God) made a statement (correction: I Kings 18 (not 19). "If baal be god, serve him (and) If God be God --- Serve Him"

The followers of baal did all that they could to make baal 'appear' and 'act'; even to the point of tearing their human flesh to bleeding. HOWEVER...God surely showed up and burned the altar of sacrifice which had been wetted down (Correction: 3 times) and with a trench of water surrounding it.

I love what Elizsha said..."Wet it again"! The conditions for burning the alter of God were 'seemingly' not possible, but the flames not only flared up, but they even lapped up the waters in the trench.

Of course I am paraphrasing this miraculous event. But my question to the phophets of baal..."Can you lap up the waters and still burn?" I'll answer for you... NO! :noo:

Further, satan has always been out to sabotage all that God has created. he's been in competition with God since day 1. He could not steal God's Glory in Heaven, so he tries his best to steal the show here on earth. satan does have his prophets but they only pervert the truth which God has made plain.

Psychics DO NOT operate under the annointing or the Holy Spirit of God. Come on now... so what if they were able to predict an event? Ummmmm, I've done this personally myself for years...we all do. The key is whom we allow ourselves to tune into. The difference is one voice is the voice of God and only God and the other is of satan which God calls a 'familiar spirit'...a spirit which is familiar with events only because he was 'there' to either witness it or he has set something in operation.

How do we discern? Hmmmm, you'll know. Really, you will know. For when you have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you, it will always be into ALL Truth and nothing less.

There are NO Christian psychics! Psychic practices are witchcraft. A pychic is just, a witch who is in total rebellion of honoring God; one who delves into one's psyche by way of malipulation, mind games, satanic persuasions; and proclamations of being harmless. AND before one asks, "But what about the good things that a psychic has done to help someone?"

Know this! satan ALWAYS presents himself as an angel of light; set out to deceive even the very elect of God. If he were to present himself in 'darkness' (which he is) 90% of the persons targeted would not respond to him. he is a 'charmer', a seducer, a trickster, a manipulator, a master deceiver. he has deceived many, especially those who feel they have a 'gift' or feel that psychic phenomina is harmless or helpful.

There is only ONE help in this life and that is the help of God and none other. "Our (Christians) help cometh from the Lord! God is the only PURE source from which knowledge is obtained. Any other source is tainted; it is polluted; it is perverted; it is a direct diversion from God, which is satan's objective all along. To divert as many as possible from communicating directly with God; and to have the answers which people seek to seek from him...satan.

Little by little satan is using so many, many methods and schemes which have been designed specially lessen our dependence upon God; weaken our belief and faith in Him and to become our own gods (the loa, mind control and other methods). There's no sin in self-help; and gaining knowledge to improve ourselves...God says to study, to be aware, in increase in knowledge and understanding. But He did not say to leave Him out of the process which is what these worldly methods do. OR they give God a tiny portion of honor and yet continue in the practice which dishonors Him.

Therefore God forwarns us...Beware; believe NOT every spirit. For not all spirits are of God. Try the Spirits and see that they be of God.

Don't fall into satan's trap. Of course there will be objections but who cares. God is still who he is...HE's God and there is no other.

The first thing that comes out of everyone's mouth when disaster strikes is 'Oh God! Not, Oh Psychic! or Oh satan!

Just Keeping it Real... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Here's the answer that stays in my heart. The phophet (of God) made a statement (I Kings 19). "If baal be god, serve him (and) If God be God --- Serve Him"

The followers of baal did all that they could to make baal 'appear' and 'act'; even to the point of tearing their human flesh to bleeding. HOWEVER...God surely showed up and burned the altar of sacrifice which had been wet 7 times and with a trench of water surrounding it.

I love what Elizsha said..."Wet it again"! The conditions for burning the alter of God were 'seemingly' not possible, but the flames not only flared up, but they even lapped up the waters in the trench.

Of course I am paraphrasing this miraculous event. But my question to the phophets of baal..."Can you lap up the waters and still burn?" I'll answer for you... NO! :noo:

Further, satan has always been out to sabotage all that God has created. he's been in competition with God since day 1. He could not steal God's Glory in Heaven, so he tries his best to steal the show here on earth. satan does have his prophets but they only pervert the truth which God has made plain.

Psychics DO NOT operate under the annointing or the Holy Spirit of God. Come on now... so what if they were able to predict an event? Ummmmm, I've done this personally myself for years...we all do. The key is whom we allow ourselves to tune into. The difference is one voice is the voice of God and only God and the other is of satan which God calls a 'familiar spirit'...a spirit which is familiar with events only because he was 'there' to either witness it or he has set something in operation.

How do we discern? Hmmmm, you'll know. Really, you will know. For when you have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you, it will always be into ALL Truth and nothing less.

There are NO Christian psychics. Psychic practices are witchcraft. A pychic is just, a witch who is in total rebellion of honoring God; one who delves into one's pyche by way of malipulation, mind games, satanic persuasions; and proclamations of being harmless. AND before one asks, "But what about the good things that a psychic has done to help someone?"

Know this! satan ALWAYS presents himself as an angel of light; set out to deceive even the very elect of God. If he were to present himself in 'darkness' (which he is) 90% of the persons targeted would not respond to him. he is a 'charmer', a seducer, a trickster, a manipulator, a master deceiver. he has deceived many, especially those who feel they have a 'gift' or feel that phsychic phenomina is harmless or helpful.

There is only ONE help in this life and that is the help of God and none other. "Our (Christians) help cometh from the Lord! God is the only PURE source from which knowledge is obtained. Any other sources is tainted; it is polluted; it is perverted; it is a direct diversion from God, which is satan's objective all along. To divert as many as possible from communicating directly with God; and to have the answers which people seek to seek from him...satan.

Little by little satan is using so many, many methods and schemes which have been designed specially lessen our dependence upon God; weaken our belief and faith in Him and to become our own gods (the loa, mind control and other methods). There's no sin in self-help; and gaining knowledge to improve ourselves...God says to study, to be aware, in increase in knowledge and understanding. But He did not say to leave Him out of the process which is what these worldly methods do. OR they give God a tiny portion of honor and yet continue in the practice which dishonors Him.

Therefore God forwarns us...Beware; believe NOT every spirit. For not all spirits are of God. Try the Spirits and see that they be of God.

Don't fall into satan's trap. Of course there will be objections but who cares. God is still who he is...HE's God and there is no other.

The first thing that comes out of everyone's mouth when disaster strikes is 'Oh God! Not, Oh Psychic! or Oh satan!

Just Keeping it Real... :rolleyes:

Yes.....keep it real!

This is another post that is soooooooo on point and I thank God for you Shimmie!

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes.....keep it real!

This is another post that is soooooooo on point and I thank God for you Shimmie!
I thank God for you and everyone else here, precious Wavy... :kiss: And for you and your precious husband... :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
I love this for it says it all...

"How long will you 'halt' between two opinions?" (I Kings 18 (not 19 :blush:).

Dear God!!!!!!! God is asking, how long will we be stifled between two opinions. How long does it take to know - recognize which God to serve?

My spirit loves this verse. For I was once halted between, actually 'stuck' between two opinions. And the love of God delivered me completely. I know who HE is. I Know who is really the true God of my life. I know who is none other and no psychic can tell me that.

NO psychic can deliver me from hell! No psychic can heal my body from all manner of sickness/disease. No psychic can name the stars from Infinity and beyond. No psychic can save my soul from misery. No psychic can deliver my son from drugs the way God did. No psychic could deliver my ex-husband from going to hell before he passed away. No psychic can heal my broken heart from the deeds of mankind.

No psychic can predict the true outcome of the turn of events for this life and this earth. No psychic can predict the return of Jesus! For only God knows the answer to this and not man nor any other spirit which roams the earth seeking whom he may devour. No man knoweth the hour...only God.

Hmmmmmm, pyschic where for art thou? Where for art thine power against the pure truth and the knowledge of God who knows all. For it is He who is the Orignator. psychic where art thou now?

Look what happens to satan's prophets...

21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if BAAL, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but BAAL's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:

24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of BAAL, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.

26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of BAAL from morning even until noon, saying, O BAAL, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.

27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.

28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.

30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.

Jesus says even to psychics, "Come near to me".... Come unto me, ye who are heavy laden and cast down and I will give you rest. Rest unto your souls. Those who come unto me, I will in no wise cast out.

See how much love He has for each of us. So much so, that He doesn't even care who was/who is practicing in the psychic realm. Just come and give Him your heart; turn from the evil way of satan and God will love you, embrace you and tenderly give you a brand new start with a brand new heart with Him.

This I know...for I too was once a psychic. I delved into witchcraft and psychic phenomina. I gave readings and truly thought I was doing the right thing...helping people. But the voice I heeded was not that of God.

I now KNOW the difference. Praise be to God. I NOW KNOW the Holy difference. For when you have given yourself completely to the Holy Spirit of God, you will know the difference...the pure difference and nothing after that compares nor does it have power over you.

With the Holy Spirit, you will no longer have to guess nor wonder. You will no longer 'halt' between two opinions.

Somebody, give the Lord Jesus a Praise....Just Praise Him for unto Him and ONLY Him, do we seek, give honor unto and worship with our whole hearts.

Praise the wonderful name of Jesus Christ. Lord of All ... Lord God All Mighty. Amen!

Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, to the Lamb of God.

Verse....46: And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah

Last edited:

melodee

Yes! You guys are fantastically on the ball! Cocoberry, good post. It's keeping us all sharp!

I agree, God specifically speaks out against divination in the bible. There are people with abilities, however, we are instructed to stay away from this practice, as it comes from the realm of Satan.

Remember what happened to King Saul?

We need to be discerning and ask questions such as this. Prophets of God did not ever need tarot in order to fortell.

Please keep watch. As we approach the day of our Lord, the occult will become more and more readily accepted. I see it everyday, in salons/spas, in health care practices, in gyms, in magazines, in the news....

As Christians we should not try to incorporate these practices into our lives. There is no amount of justification that will be glorifying to God.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes! You guys are fantastically on the ball! Cocoberry, good post. It's keeping us all sharp!

I agree, God specifically speaks out against divination in the bible. There are people with abilities, however, we are instructed to stay away from this practice, as it comes from the realm of Satan.

Remember what happened to King Saul?

We need to be discerning and ask questions such as this. Prophets of God did not ever need tarot in order to fortell.

Please keep watch. As we approach the day of our Lord, the occult will become more and more readily accepted. I see it everyday, in salons/spas, in health care practices, in gyms, in magazines, in the news....

As Christians we should not try to incorporate these practices into our lives. There is no amount of justification that will be glorifying to God.
Indeed, King Saul summoned up a witch, because he fell from God's grace in direct disobedience, therefore could not get a response from God directly.

As for tarrot (tarot) sp? cards. If anyone is foolish enough to put their life into the hands of a 'reader' of a piece of cardboard with pictures painted on it, I fear for them. I truly fear for them. For what do they have to carry them through this life to sustain them? And to allow an evil spirit to speak over their lives is disaster waiting to happen.

Our lives are in God's hands, not man's and surely not a piece of cardboard painted with images which have no life in it at all.

That's one of reasons, I love the scripture with Elijah in I Kings 18. baal failed its followers; baal did not/could not produce; and Elijah said, "Come here to me, and I will show you who God really is..."

I love it! God is no joke! He is not mocked! Imitators beware! For every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord...

Somebody give Jesus a praise! For He is more than worthy. :yep:

gone_fishing

I'm going to observe this thread for awhile before I post the usually unpopular opinion. :look:

Aren't you proud of me for restraining? :yep:

dreamer26

I know I'm late chimming in on this topic, but it kills me today to see so called Prophets because everybody is predicting or telling people all of these great and wonderful things.

In my experience yes God can sometimes confirm a desire he has placed in you, but if God has a man or a woman sold out enough to really speak to you from his heart, he will not waste his time on telling you about a house on the hill when your heart and your life is so unpleasing to him. He will tell you about the things that's keeping you from him. Because when you line your life up with the word, the house is coming the car is coming, the money is coming. But why would a mighty God waste his time getting your attention and then not tell you about the things that stinks in his nostrels.

True Prophets of God do not want to be a prophet because it is not all glam and glitz, people will not like you becuase you will stand on 'THUS SAITH THE LORD". You will burse some bubbles, and knock down some egos.

God gave me this saying: He gave us our talents to get wealth and gifts to bring him glory. So any gift that you're using to make money is not right.

Anyway that my take on this.

gone_fishing

The Bible in a not so subtle way condemns the practice of mediums, spiritism, psychics, occult, etc. (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13). Horoscopes, astrology, tarot-cards , fortune tellers, séances, palm readings etc. fall under the same umbrellas. They are all based on the idea that there are spirits, gods, deceased loved ones or whoever that that can give you incite and guidance into your personal affairs or those of someone else. 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 says these things are “gods” or “spirits” are “demons”. The Bible never states that a dead loved one would or can contact us. It does pretty much make clear though - if they were believers, they are in heaven and too busy fellowshipping with the Father to be worried about what’s going on in your life. I mean seriously, if they are up in heaven don’t you think they know God has this (your life). Do you really think they believe God needs “their” help. He has angels to run his errands. He doesn’t need Uncle Ed from the dead to track you down and warn you of impending doom. And if by chance your family members are not believers, I’m sorry to say it but the Bible says they are in hell for turning away from God’s love and rebelling.

So the next question is if our dead loved ones/ghosts/etc. cannot communicate then how do these readers into our futures get such outstanding info. Well that Jamaican chic comes to mind. What was her name? Ms. Cleo? How many were deceived by her? She wasn’t even Jamaican, right? Well, I know there have been more “stories” done on psychics. It has been explained how these folks can obtain extraordinary info on a person through not so extraordinary means.

Sometimes they just using a number you called from and then an internet search. With that little bit of info they can can obtain all your basic info.

Okay but I know it’s undeniable that some folks sometimes know things that you would think would be impossible for them to know. Where do they get this information?

Well to me the simple answer is: Satan and his demons. 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 says, “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.”

If you read Acts 16:16-18 this chapter describes a fortunate teller who could well…tell about the future until the Apostle Paul rebuked a demon out of her.

Satan is going to pretend to be kind and helpful. He wants you to fall for his tricks. He’s not going to appear to you with the condition of his soul exposed because you would not be able to handle it – duh. If he comes right out and says he’s satan – with his bad rep…who is going to stick around for that so of course he has to be more manipulative with these thigns.

He tries to appear as if he’s good or as some thing which is good. I believe Satan and his demons can give a psychic information about a person, in order to get that person hooked into spiritism – something that God forbids. He’s helping you on your way to disobeying God – plain and simple. It may appear innocent at first, but soon a person finds himself addicted to psychics – allowing Satan to control and destroy their life. They may even spend heap loads of money on these people and make life altering decisions about marriage, money, etc. all because Ms. Palm Reader said so. Imagine the man whose wife leaves him because her psychic said he was cheating. Think it hasn’t happened?

1 Peter 5:8 proclaims, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." Yes, he’s after you and he’s not going to make it too obvious to you what he’s doing. Why people seem to think the devil is just going to show up with red skin, horns, a forked tongue and a tail is beyond me. Be aware of the fruits of their labor.

To be honest in a lot of cases the fortunate tellers themselves are being deceived. They have some voice telling them that your aunt Mary wants you to know such and such or they have info about such and such from their "cards" and the voice they are heaing is lying. That voice is not who it says it is. Whatever the situation or the source of info – nothing connected to witchcraft, astrology or spritisim is God’s intention for us as a way to obtain information about our futures. God want uss to discern His will for our life by Studying the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and Praying for wisdom (James 1:5).

Now for those who have a hard time identifying the difference between a false prophet (the people I mentioned above and some others) and a true prophet is described in detail in the Bible.

Jesusforetold that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect (Matthew 24:23-27; see also 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 17-18). That’s right even all the smarty pants may be deceived. In fact, those who think themselves “elect” are often too smart for their own good and end up being the ones deceived. They are captivated by their senses instead of by God’s word.

Please know the truth. To spot a counterfeit, study the real thing. You all have the ability to (any believer has the ability to, “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). If you study the bible carefully – you can identify false doctrine. If you want to identify it and not justify it, the answer are there.

Jesus said “a tree is known by his fruit” (Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching:

Jesus “THE PROPHET” if you will, In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asks, “Whom say ye that I am?”

Peter said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and Peter is called blessed for this answer.

2 John 9 says, “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.”

To me this is a warning that anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, or who downplays Jesus’ death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity is a false prophet - plain and simple. Pyshics often attribute their gifts to themselves. They make money off of “their gifts”. I don’t recall that God every charged Mary or Joseph or anyone else who received a message from Him or one of His Angels for knowledge of the future.

TO me that's the first sign something ain't right. :nono:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Adequate, your post is totally adequate and totally on point. :clap: Amen Girl!

Nice & Wavy

The Bible in a not so subtle way condemns the practice of mediums, spiritism, psychics, occult, etc. (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13). Horoscopes, astrology, tarot-cards , fortune tellers, séances, palm readings etc. fall under the same umbrellas. They are all based on the idea that there are spirits, gods, deceased loved ones or whoever that that can give you incite and guidance into your personal affairs or those of someone else. 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 says these things are “gods” or “spirits” are “demons”. The Bible never states that a dead loved one would or can contact us. It does pretty much make clear though - if they were believers, they are in heaven and too busy fellowshipping with the Father to be worried about what’s going on in your life. I mean seriously, if they are up in heaven don’t you think they know God has this (your life). Do you really think they believe God needs “their” help. He has angels to run his errands. He doesn’t need Uncle Ed from the dead to track you down and warn you of impending doom. And if by chance your family members are not believers, I’m sorry to say it but the Bible says they are in hell for turning away from God’s love and rebelling.

So the next question is if our dead loved ones/ghosts/etc. cannot communicate then how do these readers into our futures get such outstanding info. Well that Jamaican chic comes to mind. What was her name? Ms. Cleo? How many were deceived by her? She wasn’t even Jamaican, right? Well, I know there have been more “stories” done on psychics. It has been explained how these folks can obtain extraordinary info on a person through not so extraordinary means.

Sometimes they just using a number you called from and then an internet search. With that little bit of info they can can obtain all your basic info.

Okay but I know it’s undeniable that some folks sometimes know things that you would think would be impossible for them to know. Where do they get this information?

Well to me the simple answer is: Satan and his demons. 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 says, “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.”

If you read Acts 16:16-18 this chapter describes a fortunate teller who could well…tell about the future until the Apostle Paul rebuked a demon out of her.

Satan is going to pretend to be kind and helpful. He wants you to fall for his tricks. He’s not going to appear to you with the condition of his soul exposed because you would not be able to handle it – duh. If he comes right out and says he’s satan – with his bad rep…who is going to stick around for that so of course he has to be more manipulative with these thigns.

He tries to appear as if he’s good or as some thing which is good. I believe Satan and his demons can give a psychic information about a person, in order to get that person hooked into spiritism – something that God forbids. He’s helping you on your way to disobeying God – plain and simple. It may appear innocent at first, but soon a person finds himself addicted to psychics – allowing Satan to control and destroy their life. They may even spend heap loads of money on these people and make life altering decisions about marriage, money, etc. all because Ms. Palm Reader said so. Imagine the man whose wife leaves him because her psychic said he was cheating. Think it hasn’t happened?

1 Peter 5:8 proclaims, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." Yes, he’s after you and he’s not going to make it too obvious to you what he’s doing. Why people seem to think the devil is just going to show up with red skin, horns, a forked tongue and a tail is beyond me. Be aware of the fruits of their labor.

To be honest in a lot of cases the fortunate tellers themselves are being deceived. They have some voice telling them that your aunt Mary wants you to know such and such or they have info about such and such from their "cards" and the voice they are heaing is lying. That voice is not who it says it is. Whatever the situation or the source of info – nothing connected to witchcraft, astrology or spritisim is God’s intention for us as a way to obtain information about our futures. God want uss to discern His will for our life by Studying the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and Praying for wisdom (James 1:5).

Now for those who have a hard time identifying the difference between a false prophet (the people I mentioned above and some others) and a true prophet is described in detail in the Bible.

Jesusforetold that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect (Matthew 24:23-27; see also 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 17-18). That’s right even all the smarty pants may be deceived. In fact, those who think themselves “elect” are often too smart for their own good and end up being the ones deceived. They are captivated by their senses instead of by God’s word.

Please know the truth. To spot a counterfeit, study the real thing. You all have the ability to (any believer has the ability to, “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). If you study the bible carefully – you can identify false doctrine. If you want to identify it and not justify it, the answer are there.

Jesus said “a tree is known by his fruit” (Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching:

Jesus “THE PROPHET” if you will, In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asks, “Whom say ye that I am?”

Peter said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and Peter is called blessed for this answer.

2 John 9 says, “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.”

To me this is a warning that anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, or who downplays Jesus’ death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity is a false prophet - plain and simple. Pyshics often attribute their gifts to themselves. They make money off of “their gifts”. I don’t recall that God every charged Mary or Joseph or anyone else who received a message for the future form one of his Angels.

Who-hoo....girl is on point everytime!

melodee

Adaequate, if that is unpopular, than I guess I'm in with the unpopular crowd. I agree with what you've said--well put and thank you for your input and help!:grin: