Christmas Special & Chi Silk Discovery

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
First of all, I have been using the Chi Silk infusion, and I did notice it says it works best with heat, but since I never use heat, I never had the chance to see what all the hype is about, and I never knew why I never saw the hype until this happened. Here is my story::fan:

We have our big party Christmas Eve, so on that day, I covered my hair with Indian coconut oil, Suave Coconut conditioner, Jasmine oil, Amla oil. Covered with cap. That was in the morning. The plan was to condition an hour , then wash. My baby had other plans --to cry all day. :cry: So, my hair stayed in the cap until 7 that night. Then, I washed lightly with Abba Moisture Scentsations. Running out of time, I slapped some Mizani Fulfyl on it. Rinsed.

Out of more time (the guests were coming:blush:) I had no choice but to use my ionic dryer with diffuser. Now, I am also someone that ALWAYS airdries, and I was rather irritated at the idea of using the dryer since I had been having some breakage issues from salon experience as described earlier in my journal.

Anyway, I put on the BioSilk leave in and my Chi Silk infusion. Then blow-dried. First observation: the Chi Silk seemed to cut down my drying time. Just need to spend a little extra time at my roots so I wouldn't get sick. Second observation: my hair seemed incredibly strong. Then I added my evco and used my Carusos. Third observation: My hair looked like I had just stepped out of a salon. I just absolutely couldn't believe it. :shocked: It looked flatironed but without looking over ironed and flat. I received a million compliments on it. I am so shocked because I have NEVER IN MY LIFE been able to make my hair look salon fresh. Yes, I could make my hair beautiful, but salon -fresh? Never...EVER. NOT EVEN CLOSE. And the best thing of all, is that my hair stopped breaking! I think I actually saved my progress. I am ESTATIC!:bouncy:

Bottom line: Chi Silk is the best thing since pina coladas when used with HEAT.

LHLover

That's great about your discovery! :yep: Did you use a brush (what kind?) when you were blow drying? Do you think this would work for rollersetting under a dryer?

ravenmerlita

Good info. I've used the Chi Silk Infusion twice this week. Once without heat and once with heat. It works great either way.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
That's great about your discovery! :yep: Did you use a brush (what kind?) when you were blow drying? Do you think this would work for rollersetting under a dryer?

Thanks! No brush. I gently used my seamless comb. I think it would work for rollersetting as well. The Chi Silk really does something to the strands that is magnified when heat is added, so I do believe for sure that would work as well!

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Good info. I've used the Chi Silk Infusion twice this week. Once without heat and once with heat. It works great either way.

Yeah, I too had been using it without heat, and while I thouht it was doing some good, the effects seemed so much more intensified from the heat. This was especially necessary in my case since I had been trying to counteract some damage. Thanks for letting me know that you have been getting good results without heat as well, since I am not sure if I will be blowdrying all the time. Altho, I may do it more often, now that it's winter and I'm around around this too dry indoor air. Lately people have been posting healthier results from blowdrying etc., than from airdrying. Maybe that's why.

Leslie_C

Hey! You are right, I had some little 1/2 oz samples of chi and had used it without heat several times and didnt see what all the hype was about...this was prolly a year ago. Then I recently started using it with my rollersets under the dryer and it was love at first sight. I bought the big 12 oz bottle and its like crack to me now lol.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Hey! You are right, I had some little 1/2 oz samples of chi and had used it without heat several times and didnt see what all the hype was about...this was prolly a year ago. Then I recently started using it with my rollersets under the dryer and it was love at first sight. I bought the big 12 oz bottle and its like crack to me now lol.
\
\Lol -- I think the 12 oz will be my new lover! I am glad to know I am not the only one with this experience. It just also shows that HOW we use a product will definitely affect the results.