Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Kenra Clarifying Shampoo

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaley

I have recently found out that the culprit for the majority of my hair issues is the hard water that runs through my home.

I've heard great things about the Redken Cleansing Cream & Kenra Clarifying just wanted to get a consensus on these shampoos.

Thanks in advance!!

I really like Kenra. It doesn't dry out or tangle my hair. It gets the job done and smells like grapefruit.

Out of those 2, I like Kenra better. It is gentle for me. The Redken gets my hair sqeaky clean - basically it is more stripping for me.

I have been trying to stick with Sulfate free shampoos and the chelating one I have been using is ABBA Molasses Detoxifying. No Sulfates :grin:

ABBA is discontinuing some stuff, though. If they get rid of the detoxifying poo I am going to try the PUREOLOGY ZEROSULFATE PURIFY Shampoo.

I used Redken for the first time last week, for me it left my hair clean but not squeaky to the point where the hair feels really stripped and crunchy. My hair seemed to like it!

I have never used the Kenra but the Redken I do have. It really, I mean, really, cleans your hair and scalp. It feels like there is nothing left. A little too stripping, like HoneyDew said. I rarely use it anymore. Now I use the Design Essentials Organic Cleanse Deep Cleansing poo. :thumbsup:Love it. One of my favorites. The Elucence Volumizing Clarifying poo is good, too.

I really like Redken Cleansing Cream. It cleans well, but does not strip my hair. I also Like Elucence Volume Clairifying Shampoo.

I picked Kenra...haven't tried the redken but kenra doesn't dry my hair out and it gets rid of the product buildup

Elucence acidifying was my fav clarifying poo but now that I use the chi silk infusion I had to switch to Kenra...Elucence was too mild to remove the cones in the silk infusion

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I just used the Kenra this morning and I must say that I think I really like it.
My hair feels very clean, less heavy :)

I usually use the Elucence Volume Clarifying but I needed a chelating shampoo because I have hard water where I live.

I think I'll use the Kenra once a month and the elucence every 1 to 2 weeks.

Kenra is my staple. It's one of the few clarifying poos that doesn't leave my hair a tangled mess.

Redken left my hair hard and tangled.

I've used both the kenra and Redken chelating poos and I didn't like them. Too harsh. I love ORS creamy aloe :love2: Gentle, and gets the job done :yep:. Plus its cheap!

I've never used the Redken Cleansing Cream, but I love Kenra's Clarifying Shampoo. It doesn't strip my hair or dry it out, and it removes the build-up.

Kenra... I love it so much, that it is my staple weekly shampoo... I never have product buildup issues... I've used it as my weekly shampoo for the last 2 years. 1 year relaxed, the other year natural.. I always DC after.. but once I used a rinse out con... no problems.

Bear in mind im a 4c natural, and tangles are my middle name.

I have the Kenra, but only used it twice before I bought the Elucence (which later became my HG).

HOWEVER, I threw both of them aside after experiencing the miracle that it Redken Cleansing Cream. Its magical unicorn tears that cleans the hair to the heavens, but leaves its pillowy soft. Its bomb. Buy it.

I definitely love the Redken. It's not harsh or super stripping (unless you let it sit for a deeper clean). Because you only need one lather it last a great long while too.

I have both and when I bought and used the Redken two months ago, my Kenra went to the back of the cabinet. I have very fine hair and the kenra tangles it while the Redken is so very moisturizing, its like cowashing but better because its getting everything off my cuticles. Also the Redken is a chelating poo which means it removes product build up AND calcium and mineral deposits. The Kenra only clarifies product build up. Redken is a win-win.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Last edited:
I'm thinking about trying Malibu's Hard Water Wellness shampoo. Since I'm primarily co-washing and only going to shampoo twice a month, I want something that's going to completely take any buildup off my hair... one of my new favorites has Dimethicone in it... I also want something that's going to completely clean any buildup from relaxers off

Back