clarifying during crown and glory -6 month Huge Discovery!!!

Deja9

I was forced to use suave clarifying shampoo after getting in the pool (followed crown and glory instructions) Now my extensions are finally SUPER silky and soft and my hair is growing soo fast. Are the products working better because of clarifying?? I wanted to get you ladies' opinion on regular clarifying while doing crown and glory on a regular basis (once or twice a month) even when not swimming. It just seems like the products for growth, moisture, are ENHANCED. Thanks in advance.

Nefertiti0906

I think so...

In my experience, my hair behaves better when I clarify. I think because it allows the products to fully penetrate a lot more than before

FunkyMunky

I think so...

In my experience, my hair behaves better when I clarify. I think because it allows the products to fully penetrate a lot more than before

Ditto.

When I clarified at least 2 times per month and I believe I had more growth. Over the past few months I kind of forgot to clarify. My growth has been steady but now that I think back it seems less. I also think the build up over the past month or so was causing my hair to fall out in long strands. I clarified last night, trimmed a little (3tx since '06) and I will clarify 2tx per month from now on. The long strand hair loss appears to have stopped too. Will try to keep you updated on the results.

Monigirl

Thanks for sharing this great C&G tip and idea. Glad it is working for you.
OT: I would use it but currntly I am only using baking soda to clean my hair/braids instead of shampoo this year.

hothair

I think so...

:yep:What she said- i've been cowashing in single plaits everyday for the last 3-4 weeks so I decided to use a diluted clarifying shampoo once a week to offset any buildup and my hair loves it!

CocoGlow

I think clarifying or chelating is an excellent idea b/c I do believe that after a while products can no longer fulfill their duty of moisturizing the hair if there is too much buildup blocking entry into or onto the strands....

What she said. And because I have hard water, chelating is even better.

halee_J .. I think I have hard water too...sometimes I can smell a chlorine or metallic scent coming from the faucet so I am assuing I have hard water....

I recent did a chelating rinse (1/2 teaspoon citric acid powder + 32oz Brita Filtered water)....my hair felt good, similar to a baking soda rinse

I was considering getting one of those chelating shampoos if the rinse is not strong enough to get out all the minerals that are probabaly built up in my hair..I'm still unsure....I just don't want a poo that will strip my hair since I have avoided poo for a long time now....

How do you chelate?

Deja9

Thanks for sharing this great C&G tip and idea. Glad it is working for you.
OT: I would use it but currntly I am only using baking soda to clean my hair/braids instead of shampoo this year.
Thanks I know that clarifying during crown and glory is not popular, but I just had to share the reason why I was getting growth in what appeared to be in days!

Deja9

:yep:What she said- i've been cowashing in single plaits everyday for the last 3-4 weeks so I decided to use a diluted clarifying shampoo once a week to offset any buildup and my hair loves it!

Hmmm I will try diluting my clarifying shampoo instead of using it straight. I will only do this once a month though. thanks for sharing!

Energist

I would say so... I love suave clafirying shampoo. I use that and then a regular conditioning shampoo and do the rest of my regimen and there is most definitely a salon silky result! This mostly happens after I have clarified...

Fine 4s

Ditto.

When I clarified at least 2 times per month and I believe I had more growth. Over the past few months I kind of forgot to clarify. My growth has been steady but now that I think back it seems less. I also think the build up over the past month or so was causing my hair to fall out in long strands. I clarified last night, trimmed a little (3tx since '06) and I will clarify 2tx per month from now on. The long strand hair loss appears to have stopped too. Will try to keep you updated on the results.

Man, that's some growth? What is your growth rate? Do you go to the salon? if so, im curious to hear what your stylist had to say about your growth? Actually, I might open this question to the whole forum...

But great progress though...

FunkyMunky

Man, that's some growth? What is your growth rate? Do you go to the salon? if so, im curious to hear what your stylist had to say about your growth? Actually, I might open this question to the whole forum...

But great progress though...

I'm not sure exactly but I believe I was getting close to 1 inch per month. I never went to the salon. I went 2tx in the past month for my relaxer and a wash/set. My hair was so nappy I didn't feel like being bothered plus I felt I needed a correction. I bought my own relaxer though.

I feel my hair was growing really well when I washed 2tx per week, clarified 2tx per month minimum (always follow up with a moisturizing shampoo as said before) and used my half wig.

Monigirl

Thanks I know that clarifying during crown and glory is not popular, but I just had to share the reason why I was getting growth in what appeared to be in days!

I love to clarify while wearing braids. I use to deal with major buildup everytime I wore single but no anymore. Clarifying is the truth!! I believe baking soda and clarifying shampoo has the same qaulities for removing buildup from the hair. Great thread!!:yep:

KiniKakes

Ive clarified on and off in the past.... never saw too much of a difference in terms of growth, or even how products took on my hair. I know many women here have had different experiences though.

Sounds like you've found something that works for you!!! Stay with it!!! :yep:

Lady Esquire

I have started to clarify more often in the last few months, and my other products seem to work better because of it, and my hair has never behaved so well.

Clarifying helps tremendously. I plan to buy a chelating shampoo to see if there is a difference with that.

Deja9

I can kick myself over and over.. OH HOW I WISH I KNEW ABOUT LHCF YEARS AGO!!!!! (even though I'm still young) lol My hair would already be pocahontas length!

Anyway baking soda is another alternative to clarifying. For now I will start dliuting my suave clarifying shampoo since i already paid for it. We can grow our hair long ladies!

Mortons

Clarifying is essential especially if you use a lot of products. I wash and go and add gel daily so I clarify once a week.