co washers

MaleiahT

I have a few questions..
when using this method how often do u deep condition with/without heat?
after the co wash, what products do u use(leave ins, oils etc)? Thanks

Victorian

old head
Hi MaleiahT

I deep condition about once a week, w/o heat. No particular reason for not using heat...I guess I'm just lazy
I'm doing my co wash with pantene complete therapy cuz that's the conditioner I had when I started with the co washes and I didn't want to buy new conditioner without using up what I have. I am using aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in, coconut oil, john frieda relax texture correcting serum, and profectiv break free and healthy ends. Gee, sounds like a lot of stuff when I put it all down like that. the leave-in, oil and serum are mixed together in a squirt bottle and I just spray it in after I wash. I add the profectiv after my hair has dried a little. Just a little bit of these though because they are thick. For the record, I deep condition after I wash with shampoo, that's why it's once a week, to coincide with my poo days.

JazzAngel

Believe it or not I still deep conditon 2x a week. Soon I will do it 1x a week.

These days I sleep with the conditioner on slightly damp hair. Someone suggest this and it saves me time in the evening when I am busy or lazy. Generally my hair is quite soft, untill a do something drastic to it.

I do conditioner washes after the gym which at the moment is approx 4 x a week. I usually leave the conditioner in with a shower cap while doing the rest of my body in the shower or sometimes (like today) I sit in the steam room for approx 5/10 minutes with the cap before rinsing out in the shower.

At the moment I really like using just s-curl (white bottle blue writing ) followed by Hot Oil Six which really seems to seal in the moisture as the hair dries.

CaramelKiss

I condition wash every day! I use a moisturizing conditioner. Right now I am using L'oreal Elvital with Cermid, but I tend to switch up a lot with conditioner. I leave it on for 10 minutes, sometimes more if there is time.

I deep condition 2x a week after I shampoo.

I don't use heat period for my conditioning treatments. I don't find it necessary.

Afterwards, I follow up with a leave-in and oils for shine and if it's a particularly hot day, I will spritz my hair with some distilled water and glycerine to re-moisturize.