*~*Daily Co-Wash Challenge*~*

Coil Tresses

I love to co-wash my hair daily. I will be adding in my jheri curl juice daily too for my moisture. Sometimes I might add in some leave in conditioner with the juice. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing other daily co-washers, and we can share our views, loves and hates, etc...

There are no rules, use whatever conditioner you wish. Let the water, begin!!! :yep:

Daily Co-Wash Challenge:

Coil Tresses
smartblackchic
Taina
Jordan S.
Muse
NJoy
Nali1987
arm445
*Refresh*
Diva_Esq.

Last edited:

Mecca_Goddess

I'm currently doing my loc takedown, but I will def. need to be doing this!

After the offical takedown is over I will be getting my 4b hair straightened for a trim... after that... I'm in! :grin:

Coil Tresses

I'm currently doing my loc takedown, but I will def. need to be doing this!

After the offical takedown is over I will be getting my 4b hair straightened for a trim... after that... I'm in! :grin:

I'm so glad *~*Yay*~* I've got some company.

Good luck with your loc takedown.

I feel great with a fresh scalp daily. I've always loved water and hate that nasty hair smell from not washing it to keep a certain look.

NaturalBoss

Currently I am co-washing daily. I too like my hair to smell fresh and I workout which makes my hair dry. I'm using S-Curl juice on my bun daily as well. I've been co-washing and bunning for probably a little less than a month. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it seems like I've gotten about an inch of growth. I don't really measure with a ruler, but it just looks that way.

Taina

I`m co-washung daily as well, as i do workout and i dont like my hair to smell funny xD I also use the juice every day for moisture

Coil Tresses

Thanks ladies!! Hey Taina, I'm in your TWA challenge, I'm hanging in there :yep: I've got no choice, lol.

If anyone want to join just tell me here or PM, doesn't matter.

Thanks smartblackchic for joining with me *~*Yay!!!*~*

EbonyCPrincess

I've been co-washing daily lately because I've been working out daily, sometimes 2x per day. Trying to reach that fitness goal! But I won't be doing this long term, so I'll just lurk this thread I think...

Ques - do you ladies alternate btw moisture & protein conditioners for your co-washes?

Coil Tresses

Ques - do you ladies alternate btw moisture & protein conditioners for your co-washes?

Good question. No, I think I've done an Aphogee protein conditioning only once since I've shaved my head. I will have to look threw the threads to see often I will need to. When I had a perm, I only did it twice a year. I don't want my hair to break so I won't do it too often. But, I do have a leave in conditioner that has protein in it, but I don't use that often.

Muse

I've been co-washing daily lately because I've been working out daily, sometimes 2x per day. Trying to reach that fitness goal! But I won't be doing this long term, so I'll just lurk this thread I think...

I use Mane and Tail once a week as my protein conditioner.

Coil Tresses

I use Mane and Tail once a week as my protein conditioner.

How does your hair like it? I see that stuff all the time at the Grocery Outlet, my aunt who grew her sons hair long, swore by that stuff, maybe I should go pick me up some.

Coil Tresses

I bought a new conditioner I found on sale, L'Oreal vive pro hydra gloss for very dry/damaged hair. It reminds me of Japanese Blossoms from Victoria Secret. It feels so good in my hair, and my hair loved it this morning.

Muse

How does your hair like it? I see that stuff all the time at the Grocery Outlet, my aunt who grew her sons hair long, swore by that stuff, maybe I should go pick me up some.

I love how MnT makes my hair feel. Nice and strong yet full and very soft. It always looks like I have more hair on my head after using it. It's just enough protein to make a difference without being hardcore. It's not the most moisturizing so I always follow up with a different con after but it does allow me to get my protein in. Some people avoid the one in the pet dept. though because it has emulsifying wax in it and they say it makes their hair feel weird. The one you find at Sally's does not have the wax so you may want to go with that one. It's the Original conditioner. I use either one without problems.

I bought a new conditioner I found on sale, L'Oreal vive pro hydra gloss for very dry/damaged hair. It reminds me of Japanese Blossoms from Victoria Secret. It feels so good in my hair, and my hair loved it this morning.

Oh I just bought this a few weeks ago. It's a very good cowash con because it is thick, has great slip, and doesn't build up. I really like it.

Coil Tresses

Muse, that is wonderful, and a word to the wise when it comes to Mane n Tail--thanks for sharing that. I will purchase myself a bottle of the co soon and update what I like. I agree with you on moisturizing afterward, protein is drying to the hair, and drying equates breakage.

I look forward to my co-wash daily; I feel whenever I step in a shower or bath washing my hair is a natural reflex act. I cannot stand a stinky scalp/hair. I don't like my head to itch, I love for my scalp to be clean and breathe. I figure, if my body is clean why neglect my hair. I stimulate my scalp with a brush in the shower daily as well with the co in my head.

I have thoughts on playing around with making my own daily hair wash without harsh chemicals.

I'm loving the new conditioner I bought, I think I said that yesterday.

Muse

I have been cowashing with Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish conditioner but yesterday I used Aussie Moist (didn't know if the person I was meeting that day had perfume allergies and VS is strong). I really like AM. Today I am going back to my VS but I am going to use the shampoo from the line just to try it out. I use to have such bad luck cowashing in the past and I have even stated that in a couple of threads but I guess I have found the right cons and leave ins that don't cause buildup. Daily cowashing is working out great so far!

Coil Tresses

I have been cowashing with Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish conditioner but yesterday I used Aussie Moist (didn't know if the person I was meeting that day had perfume allergies and VS is strong). I really like AM. Today I am going back to my VS but I am going to use the shampoo from the line just to try it out. I use to have such bad luck cowashing in the past and I have even stated that in a couple of threads but I guess I have found the right cons and leave ins that don't cause buildup. Daily cowashing is working out great so far!

Wonderful, wonderful tip with the Victoria's Secret (I know it smells lovely). That was very thoughtful of you to use the Aussie Moist around others, not to offend or disturb their senses with your scents. I love thoughtful people like you, I myself am thoughtful--I learned that from my dear father. I am happy to hear that co-washing is working great for you, I'm excited for you.

Taina

I did not co-wash yerterday cause i made a lovely twist and curl and i dint wanted to mess it up, but my hair is itchinf to feel the water again. With this heat is impossible for me to co-wash my hair every day

Muse

I'm still at it and I am using Skala exclusively (I do through in MNT for protein) to cowash. My hairs health and moisture content has improved GREATLY since cowashing daily. I love it!

Coil Tresses

Hey everybody. I'm still co-washing and loving it! :yep:
Muse I'm happy to hear you and your hair is loving the co-washing daily.
Tiana I understand not wanting to mess up a good thing.

dyh080

Muse, that is wonderful, and a word to the wise when it comes to Mane n Tail--thanks for sharing that. I will purchase myself a bottle of the co soon and update what I like. I agree with you on moisturizing afterward, protein is drying to the hair, and drying equates breakage.

I look forward to my co-wash daily; I feel whenever I step in a shower or bath washing my hair is a natural reflex act. I cannot stand a stinky scalp/hair. I don't like my head to itch, I love for my scalp to be clean and breathe. I figure, if my body is clean why neglect my hair. I stimulate my scalp with a brush in the shower daily as well with the co in my head.

I have thoughts on playing around with making my own daily hair wash without harsh chemicals.

It's a natural reflex for me too. My brother in law said the same thing a long time ago...if you wash your body you wash ALL of your body. He did this using the same soap for both ,then pick his hair out....had a five inch extremely soft afro for years and with no haircuts. Probably could have been longer if he was more delicate, tho.

Muse

That sounds good please keep us posted if you decide to do this.

I'm still plugging away with my daily washes using Skala now. I skipped the past 2 days because I haven't been feeling well in the morning when I shower but I plan to get back on the ball starting tomorrow. BTW, since daily washing my breakage is almost non existent now. I wish I would've thought to do this YEARS ago. I try to break shed hairs and they resist now! Before they would just snap with the slightest tug. I can't say this is causing my hair to grow faster but I am retaining a LOT better.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Wooo! Add me to this challenge. I LOVE cowashing!! :drunk:

Can't say it's because I'm working out (Lord knows I need to) or that I just want my hair to smell fresh. I love the feeling of the water showering onto my scalp. And I love that I can feel my hair growing down my back. And I love massaging my scalp under running water. I just love it and look forward to it daily! :yep:

I use a protein-based conditioner (MC Biotin Conditioner) followed by a moisturizing conditioner (NTM Daily Deep Condish ~although I tried Aussie Moist yesterday because I go thru NTM too fast at 8 bucks a whop) daily. I also use a light protein treatment (Aphogee 2 min reconstructor) as needed (MAYbe once a week or so).

Coil Tresses

I'm starting to think that the water is helping to grow my hair. I am rocking an afro lately. I love my activator to curl my hair, but I get tired of putting a lot of it in, only to wash it out the next day.

NJoy I added you in the challenge.

Happy daily co-washing ladies.

MrsIQ

I'm in! I work out 6 days a week and love fresh smelling hair! I may just give up shampoo!