Coca cola for your hair??!

Aberdonian

I dont know if this has been posted before but I just came across a blog that said rinsing you hair with coca cola can give bouncier curles...after consulting google apparently it works...due to the low PH which closes the cuticle or something like that..

Here is the Blog article:
The Most Bizarre Thing I’ve Used On My Hair But It Works!

November 9, 2012 by Hafsa Issa-Salwe · 3 Comments
Share on linkedinShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services

I’m the type to always try something once whether that’s food or beauty products, but when I heard about using Coca Cola on your hair to get super bouncy and shiny curls I was taken aback. I wonder what the person who discovered this was thinking. I really wonder.. Curiosity often gets the better of me but not the the extent that I’d pour one of my favourite drinks all over my hair!
After shampooing and conditioning, I just simply poured half a 500ml bottle of Coca Cola over my hair, waited for a few minutes and then thoroughly rinsed it out; we can’t be having sugary, sticky hair can we? I was expecting instant results, but the real results came after my hair dried after towel drying and using an oil on my damp hair.
The results were springy, bouncy and such a surprise. One of my favourite drinks can actually do something other than causing diabetes, rotting teeth and obesity? Who would’ve thought?

so any of you lovely ladies tried it? Are you willing to try it?

DrC

For me, no. I'm not really comfortable putting something in my hair that I use to eat corrosion off my car battery, but that's just me. Keep us updated on this though.

Almaz

Sounds like a hot sticky mess to me would rather have it straight up or with rum. Cuba Libre anyone

LexiDior

Imagine doing this during the summer and not washing it all out!! And you better hope you dont have roaches.

Aberdonian

ACV is a better alternative.

True , the extent that people go to for their curles though..not gonna lie was curious for a second...and then i remembered curiosity killed the cat..worked too hard on this hair...dont think im gonna attemp this...

mscocoface

Is this women of color saying this or someone else? Everything isn't for everybody. There are lots of alternatives to Coke.