No Straightening or Trim Til' Graduation!!!

JuicesN'Berries

Hello Everyone I am on a personal challenge of my own...Called No Straightening or Trim Til' Graduation. I am due to graduate from college in Spring of 2008. I figured my hair will have grown 5 to 6 six inches by then and that is when I'm gonna whip it out!!! I have been wearing twist and braids so to others my hair looks really short and plane jane......but I know that it is well past my shoulders and it is full of body and shine (when given the opportunity!!). So I'm anxious to see what it will look like when I graduate.....and even more anxious to see the look on peoples faces!! (Why I don't know). I'm also gonna hit'em with a coca cola rinse!!!

Well ladies I would like to know if you would like to participate in this challenge or are already apart of some similar challenge.....You don't have to graduate to participate just set your own date!! (Did I just bust 'a' flow!!)

Karamelcutie

Great Challenge! I'm graduating in May 2008 too and I am currently rocking wash n gos everyday and getting my hair pressed about once a month. I'm really falling in love with my natural hair but not sure if I'm ready to completely give up straightened hair for a year. Maybe I'll do a modified version, and only straighten every few months instead of every month. But like you i hope to have 6 inches of growth by graduation which would put me at BSL or close to it.

JuicesN'Berries

Girl your hair is looking good, I visited your fotki earlier today....Mine used to look like that before I started getting heat damage from straightening. I still love to rock my hair straight though.....!!! I think once every 2-3 months would be a good idea. I love it when I go for a while without straightening and then straighten after about 3-4 months...my hair seems to have grown sooooo much. Its like a special treat!!!

BTW, whats your major?

tyte curlz

it would take an absolute miracle 4 me to graduate next spring i prayin for the fall of 08 but im up for the challange. but when i finally get it together i want my hair under that cap to be flowing. Im guessin' this challange is basically no heat and protective styles. count me in ladies

Karamelcutie

Thanks Juices! Yeah I was going to straighten on Tuesday (it's been 6 weeks), but now I might just wait a few more weeks and hopefully the extra growth will reward me. I'm a Communications major, consumer psychology minor, u?

MizAvalon

I won't be trimming until at least 2009, we'll see what happens after that.

Good luck on the challenge ladies, you can do it!:)

JuicesN'Berries

Hey ladies, it doesn't matter what the date is just set one that works best for you. This challenge is for personal gain and benefit.

KaramelKutie, my major is Biological and Agricultural Systems Engineering............................I can't wait to Graduate:D :D :D !!! I can feel it in my bones:)

JuicesN'Berries

Karamelcutie said:
Thanks Juices! Yeah I was going to straighten on Tuesday (it's been 6 weeks), but now I might just wait a few more weeks and hopefully the extra growth will reward me. I'm a Communications major, consumer psychology minor, u?

BTW, consumer psychology sounds like a very lucrative and interesting field......

JuicesN'Berries

tyte curlz said:
it would take an absolute miracle 4 me to graduate next spring i prayin for the fall of 08 but im up for the challange. but when i finally get it together i want my hair under that cap to be flowing. Im guessin' this challange is basically no heat and protective styles. count me in ladies

Girl thats how I felt about this coming fall, but I'm not gonna rush it I'm just gonna wait until spring 08'!!! We shouldn't be in a rush to be grown-ups anyway:lachen: :lachen: Yeah I want my hair to be pouring out of that cap!!! Good Luck with the challenge!!

Karamelcutie

More power to you Niya. That sounds hard as hell, but I know you'll be making lots and lots of money when you graduate so congrats in advance!

guesswho

Juicenberries that photo of you is just gorgeous and your hair is so full! Ok count me in I'll do the challenge with you'll I am don't straightn my hair anyways and I have no plans on cutting it I'm retaining all my length, so lets see how it goes, good luck chica,

JuicesN'Berries

guesswho said:
Juicenberries that photo of you is just gorgeous and your hair is so full! Ok count me in I'll do the challenge with you'll I am don't straightn my hair anyways and I have no plans on cutting it I'm retaining all my length, so lets see how it goes, good luck chica,

Yayyy!! I'm glad you are on the challenge!!! BTW, I was just reading a thread about the "daughters hair" thingy and you don't look like you have a daughter that is 16 by any means.....even if you had her when you were 16:grin: !!!! Your pictures give me the Fashionista, sex and the city, young working business woman!!

Last edited: