Color Rinses... Considered heat protection?

*fabulosity*

I was just thinking about this... I started rinsing my hair with ColorShowers back in November. I get it flat ironed once a week at the salon. In between of course I bun, moisturize, and DC. But I have seen noo breakage or splits at all. And I'm about 9 weeks post so she presses my NG before flat ironing.. My ends look and feel like silk and are still SUPER good from my trim in September. Because rinses put a coating on the hair, can we consider that some type of heat protection?

I like rinses.. I think I will continue to rinse my hair right on into BSL. :grin:

Eisani

Rinses coat the hair and contain protein so that could explain a few things. I know my hair felt and became healthier when I started using cellophanes, but I wouldn't consider them a heat protectant.

DaRealist

I agree with the other ladies, they definitely add a layer of protection, but not exactly a heat protectant.

Allandra

I was just thinking about this... I started rinsing my hair with ColorShowers back in November. I get it flat ironed once a week at the salon. In between of course I bun, moisturize, and DC. But I have seen noo breakage or splits at all. And I'm about 9 weeks post so she presses my NG before flat ironing.. My ends look and feel like silk and are still SUPER good from my trim in September. Because rinses put a coating on the hair, can we consider that some type of heat protection?

I like rinses.. I think I will continue to rinse my hair right on into BSL. :grin:

That's a good question.

*fabulosity*

That's what I am saying..just a layer of "protection" ... I think I lurrrve rinses..

SQZ.. you got me looking at that kiss color stuff even though I bought about 8011 rinses when I was in the DR... PLEASE post pics babe!! I want to see what it looks like! :D

gymfreak336

Rinses help protect the hair. I think about them like little windbreakers :lol:

I really think people with damaged hair, especially those trying to rebuild the hair a bit before they reach for the scissors, would have better success with the process if they used rinses on a regular basis.