Tints of Nature - Review

FindingMe

Thanks for posting this BM! Although the price is kind of a draw back, I would much rather pay that than $ 100 + for Aveda hair coloring (at least for the moment)

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

IMO, it's very similiar to Aveda in terms of gentleness on the hair. I had been getting my hair colored and highlighted at the Aveda salon for the last year and it ran me $130+tip. I loved my hair and the color, but I can't keep it up very 6 weeks. This is a great alternative...:yep:

FindingMe

Whaaattttt?????? Girrlll!!!!! Okay, k, I've gotta hit the archives to see what's up. I wasn't hip girl. Thanks. I'm on it. Heeeey, you think that's why my local Wally World had the boxes on sale for $1.00??????????? :blush: I must have purchased 12 of 'em thinking I was on to something. Dang, I might be feeling stupid right about now. I've used all but 3 of the boxes.

If you haven't had any issues, I think you are fine. I think most experienced some sort of severe allergic reaction immediately after use.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Thanks OP. My sister loves color (and I'm tempted... VERY tempted) this just might be the thing.

Looking at the Amazon, etc. sale prices is cool until you consider shipping which will take it right back up to the WF price, grrrrrrrrrr.

If you or someone you know sign up for Amazon Prime that might help with shipping. They have one for moms and one for students (that are free I think.) It still depends on if the item is available for Prime shipping (2 day free) but it's worth a shot. :yep:

BostonMaria

Whaaattttt?????? Girrlll!!!!! Okay, k, I've gotta hit the archives to see what's up. I wasn't hip girl. Thanks. I'm on it. Heeeey, you think that's why my local Wally World had the boxes on sale for $1.00??????????? :blush: I must have purchased 12 of 'em thinking I was on to something. Dang, I might be feeling stupid right about now. I've used all but 3 of the boxes.

SAY WHAT?!!!!! Are you kidding me? I've never seen these cheaper than $12.99! Thats crazy and I'm beyond jealous.

NikStarrr

So this color has peroxide and PPDs. So what part of it is organic? The box? haha

By the way, BM--your hair is so lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BostonMaria

So this color has peroxide and PPDs. So what part of it is organic? The box? haha

By the way, BM--your hair is so lovely!

@ NikStar thanks! Same to you. Did you have your baby yet?

Unless an angel comes down from heaven and confirms to me that a product is 100% organic I don't believe them LOL I looked at the ingredients and they seemed better compared to the CVS hair dyes.. I always say "pick your poison" LOL so Tints of Nature won.

BTW that picture is 14 months old and I'm still using that product

NikStarrr

@ NikStar thanks! Same to you. Did you have your baby yet?

Unless an angel comes down from heaven and confirms to me that a product is 100% organic I don't believe them LOL I looked at the ingredients and they seemed better compared to the CVS hair dyes.. I always say "pick your poison" LOL so Tints of Nature won.

BTW that picture is 14 months old and I'm still using that product

Still cooking the baby!

I usually use Natural Instincts when I want to go black--but I may give this stuff a try if it gives me hair that looks like yours! :lol:

Tootuff

I am looking for something to even out my hair. I have about 3-4 inches of brown hair at the roots but the rest of my is jet black from semi permanent rinse. For some reason it will not wash out but I would like for it all to be brown again. Will this product fix my problem and is it safe for relaxed hair?

ETA: Better yet, does anyone know how I can get rid of the semi permanent black color?

Last edited:

keepithealthy

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about trying this product because Henna was just too much of a mess for me.