Progress Pics/Length Check!! Straightened Natural Hair!

janeemat

I continue to be amazed at how relaxers can stunt retention and how hair thrives without it. You look like a totally different person! Your hair looks great.

You and me both! Also, how natural hair can grow from TWA to MB in 3 years or less. I see this so much until it has me stratching my head:perplexed

LightEyedMami

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!...Now spill the beans on that reggie woman!!! :lol:
How often do you trim and dust?
How often do you DC and with what products?
What do you M & S with?
Whats your diet consist of?
What supplements are you takiing?

do i seem nosey?...because thats my "shorter" list :look:

soon2bsl

Aww.. thanks so much ladies for the awesome comments!!! :yawn:

I continue to be amazed at how relaxers can stunt retention and how hair thrives without it. You look like a totally different person! Your hair looks great.

Oh - My dd just saw your picture and said you look like a relative - and she's right. You look like my cousin. :)

Thanks wavezncurlz!!! How funny...well you know they say everyone has a twin lol.

You beat me to it! LMAO

I love that hair toy in your bun. Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Beautiful! Love it! I love the bun with the cute hair accessory. Congrats on your progress!

Thanks BostonMaria and TRINITY05!! I' actually sell hair jewelry and accessories such as the Flexi-8, hair sticks, adjustable strap headbands, you-pins and more. Since we aren't allow to post our links, click the links to my Facebook page and/or Youtube channel. Check out the about me section and you'll be able to find my website that way! :grin:

Gorgeous hair!!! Thank you so much for sharing your progress with us!

Aww..thanks and so glad to share!

soon2bsl

That is some pretty hair; congrats OP. And how did you do your transition? Big chop or just cut away lil by lil.

Thanks itismehmmkay!! I long term transitioned for 18 months my protective styling over 95% of the time. I wore buns, phony ponies, half wigs, full wigs, natural looking crochet braids (water wave by freetress), and natural texture sew ins. I ended up doing the BC and cut over 6 inches of relaxed ends. I was about APL stretched when I chopped.

I can't resist asking...reggie please?:lol:

Awesome progress for 3 years. Wanna hook a sister up with some Reggie tips lol.

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!...Now spill the beans on that reggie woman!!! :lol:
How often do you trim and dust?
How often do you DC and with what products?
What do you M & S with?
Whats your diet consist of?
What supplements are you takiing?

do i seem nosey?...because thats my "shorter" list :look:

Thanks WantNatural, AlwaysNatural and LightEyedMami!!

Ok, so my reggie is really simple...especially with busy 3 kiddos it needs to be lol.

-Co-wash 2-3 times per week
-DC 1 x per week
-Moisture and seal ususally every other day or so
-My main styles are buns, mini twists with my own hair, and bantu knot outs. I occasionally do WNGs.

Here's the details on my products and the rest of the answers for you LightEyedMami..:spinning:

I actually started going the no poo route back in August. So I cleanse my scalp as needed with As I am Coconut Co Wash and African Black Soap.

DC about once a week with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle and Giovanni Smooth As Silk and sometimes add EVOO or EVCO to my deep conditioners.

I like to use the regular Aussie Moist Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals to cowash and detangle my hair. I probably co-wash 2-3 times a week..just depends on what style I'm doing.

I dust as needed by doing the search and destroy method. I don't trim...although I did do a slight trim probably after flat ironing this time.

I used to always moisture and seal daily when relaxed and transitioning Since being natural, I may skip a day or two moisturizing and sealing...I feel like my hair still gets the moisture it needs since I co-wash often. When I do seal, I seal with EVCO.

For my moisturizers-I sometimes use my conditioners as a leave in and sometimes use the As I Am Double Buttercream.

I don't take any supplements and I would say I eat pretty healthy. I drink lots of water, eat 3 meals a day, a few snacks, and protein every night for dinner (chicken, fish, beef, turkey. )

That ponytail is enough to make the horses jealous! Congrats on your gorgeous mane!!!!

LOL...hilarious! :) Thanks tenderheaded!!

Last edited: