Wash every 14 days
Nexxus Humectress
Lacio Lacio Leave in
100% Pure jojoba oil mix with EVOO
Baggy my bun at night

No Combing
No Brushing
No heat( only with dc)
no manipulation at all(only finger combing when washing)

Am I missing Something? Can the Humectress be used as a deep conditioner under the heat? What is a good shampoo? Right now I have Optimum Care oil Therapy shampoo.

Diya

I'm by no means an expert, but do you use any protein conditioners in your regimen? I think I've heard that Lacio Lacio contains some protein, but you might need a more thorough protein treatment in there every once in a while to counteract all the moisture from baggying. If you use humectress already, you'll love the protein counterpart, keraphix. You could alternate the two or just use the keraphix as needed. I do this and it works well for me to maintain my moisture/protein balance. Oh-- and both work well as deep conditioners... even better with heat! :grin:

tenjoy

great so i will addthe keraphix. I baggy dry with no additional oil. Is the Nexxus shampoo good? any recommendations?

sareca

Protein is missing. Lacio Lacio has some, but you might need a meduim protein conditioner to DC with on occassion. I'm assuming you're natural since you didn't mention a relaxer schedule.

tenjoy

im relaxed. but I dont relaxed often. 3-4 times a year. should i relax more often? Trying to get waist length. currently bsl

fluffylocks

Hey Tenjoy!

Alot of people wash every 14 days for low manipulation or whatever, but you can do it everyday, every 3, 7, 10 so your scalp can stay/be clean (but it doesnt matter, all up to you :yep:---just making sure you know there are other options) Here is a link that shows how often members wash their hair ( a poll) http://www.longhaircareforum.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1208

The Nexxus can be used as a deep moisturizing conditoner

My favorite shampoo is Cream of nature, alot of ladies like Keracare, Aveda, & Mizani shampoos also (as well as many more of course)

You may want to use a comb once every two weeks or whatever because some peoples hair start to dred and matt up very bad if they dont comb it once in a while. I personally detangle in the shower every wash & dont comb it anymore after that or brush it.

You might want to add a protein treatment, maybe a light one one wash days and/or a heavy once every 2 months or something

Also a daily moisturizer for when your baggying and also just to moisturize (unless your using lacio lacio for that)

You might need to clairfy every once in a while

tenjoy

How often do i needto clarify?

Can I use humectress and keraphix on the same day?

Can jojoba oil be enough to moisterize?

fluffylocks

How often do i needto clarify?

Can I use humectress and keraphix on the same day?

Can jojoba oil be enough to moisterize?

You want to clarify whenever you hair might be feeling sticky or has a product build up or film over it, it is not getting clean enough when you wash, looks dull, products dont work as good anymore.....you can wait for the signs or schedule it. Some peope clarify once a month, once every 2 months, before every majore protein treatment....its all up to you.

I have never used Karaphix, but if its a protein treatment then you most def. could use them in the same day. You would do the protein (keraphix) first (because protein can make your hair dray), then the moisturizing treatment (humcress) after.

Oils cant mositurize your hair, they can only help keep the moisture in and smooth your hair cuticles, give it sheen....stuff like that. For somethign to be a moisturizer it needs to have water as an ingredient.

EDDited to add----water should be the first ingredient also.

Diya

Keraphix is pretty moisturizing on it's own, but I always follow protein treatments (mild or heavy alike) with humectress or another moisturizing conditioner, as a rule of thumb.

Evolving78

Wash every 14 days
Nexxus Humectress
)

Am I missing Something? Can the Humectress be used as a deep conditioner under the heat? What is a good shampoo? Right now I have Optimum Care oil Therapy shampoo.
Yes I think it could be used as a DC since you can use it as a leave-in as well, I would try Cream of Nature ( the green one)
It doesn't have any sulfate or laureth in it, which strips the hair and makes it dry. Eluence is good too for DCing and shampooing. They are very moisturizing. Why do you wash your hair every two weeks instead of weekly?

Diya

you ladies are the best! any moisterizer rec's?

Personally, I like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch leave-in cream as a daily moisturizer when I'm wearing a straight style. When I airdry into a style like bantu knots, braidouts, etc., I like to moisturize with avocado butter. Some may argue that butters act more like oils than moisturizers, but avocado butter is very light and leaves my hair soft, moist and supple :yep: ... so call it whatever you want... it works! :grin: HTH!

kiesha8185

Wash every 14 days
Nexxus Humectress
Lacio Lacio Leave in
100% Pure jojoba oil mix with EVOO
Baggy my bun at night

No Combing
No Brushing
No heat( only with dc)
no manipulation at all(only finger combing when washing)

Your regimen is almost exactly like mine! I used to wash once a week, but found it unnecessary since I don't use too much product in my hair. The only differences are that I pre-poo with oils before I shampoo (which I recommend) and I use henna once a month or so for moderate protein. Have you ever tried henna? If not, I recommend it. I also do a hard-core protein 2 weeks after each relaxer (every 4 months). The shampoo I recommend is Motions Lavishing. When I first joined I tried every shampoo out there, but this Walmart cheapie has beat them all. I only comb my hair on wash days to detangle, under running water with a wide-tooth bone comb, and since I mainly wear twist/braid outs, there is no need to comb. Overall, I think your reggie sounds good, but I think I'm biased cuz it's what I do :grin:

ETA: I agree with Diya for NTM. NTM Silk Touch Leave-in is the only moisturizer that worked for me. I use Fermodyl 619 on wet hair to detangle, then add NTM on damp hair. But you really don't need both Lacio Lacio and NTM...see which works best for you.

Last edited:

tenjoy

thank girls! I usually dont wash until I get a relaxer (i know its gross) so every 2 week is a new start. I dont like to do my hair. I wish I could wash and go (hmmmmm i wonder what my natural hair is like?) I contribute my length now to not touching it until relaxer day (3-4 times a year) some doobies in between. other than that I smoothed the top and im out! trying to do things differently and dont want to complicate my regimen much. But yALL pj'S KEEP ADDING !:grin::lachen:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Your regimen sounds a lot like mine except I rarely baggy. The low manipulation of your regimen will help you retain length fast! It works for me.