Conditioning scarves

keke

Hey every1 i was wondering if its good to maybe take a bit of conditioner(whether leave-in or the kind u use after shampoo) and put it in your scarf's to sleep on at night? Just wondering since conditioning your hair is something that is great to keep doing is it possible to put it in on a scarf? I know there is a product out now called Magic Scarf, i forgot who its by, but i got 1 and it has built in growth treatment and i was wondering if maybe we could all save out dollars and just take some conditioner and put a bit on our scarves as we are sleeping AND maybe for some who wear scarf styles during the day can put it in there also.

S

Stylepink

Hi Keke:

I've never heard of conditioning scarves. Where do you get them? In the past I have used conditioner all night and had terrible breakage. But, if there is something better, I sure would like to try!

Deeadra

Ipanema

That sounds like a good idea to me. I had actually thought of soaking the sponges of my sponge rollers in olive oil to moisturize at night. Now can you imagine using oiled sponge rollers & topping it off with a conditioning scarf?! Hmm...I think I might try that...

keke

Well here in Detroit we have these scarves called Magic Scarfsi 4get the company but i got 3 at home. I think they work cause i did notice growth in my hair esp w/my bangs and i haven't had this length there since i was a child so im guess it works. Got it in Walgreens the second time and the first time i got it in a beauty supply store. They are in the scarf section.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have a few of these. I never noticed any "magic growth" because I wash mine every couple of days. But unlike most scarves, they do stay on my head all night long. I like the stretchy, pantyhose type fabric they are made out of.

gvsugirl

How do these work? How does the conditioner get to the middle section of head? I am still baffled...Plus I wouldnt want to have to keep rebuying the scarves

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How does the conditioner get to the middle section of head? I am still baffled.

[/ QUOTE ] See??? That's why I think these are gimicky. Don't fall for it. Just condition your hair very well before you put it up at night.

Crysdon

I bought one by accident and I can honestly say that my hair didn't feel any different than when I used my silk scarf. I agree it's a gimmick.

The plus side: This scarf tends to stay on your hair throught the night and it's long enough wrap in front and tie in the back.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Hi, Stylepink!
I know where I live I saw a conditioning scarf in the Korean beauty supply store just the other day when I was shopping around for a satin durag. I don't know about if it works to make your hair grow, but it's well worth looking into.

lexi_24

I've also seen conditioning scarves at Sally's. I think it was made by Miss Christina (I'm not sure though).

fletgee

I got one of these scarves from Sally's. I hesitated in wearing it because I was not quite clear on what the conditioners were in the scarf. I'm allergic to alot of stuff so I have to be extra careful about what touches my skin. Also I think the instructions said something about not washing it. Yuck..I wash my combs and scarves every 3 days when I wash my hair. I finally just threw it away--unopened.

Jenai

I bought one of those "magic scarves" a while back. I didn't notice any magical improvement in my hair length or growth, but the scarves are made bigger than most other brands, so it actually fit my "bucket head." Plus, I couldn't go without washing it like the directions said - yuck!

AFashionSlave

I used a conditioning doo rag before. It caused problems with my red hair color rinse rubbing off on my sheets and pillowcases. Every morning I would get up to find new spotty red spots all over my pillow cases. I hate conditioning scarves! I will just stick to my normal moisturizers.

H

HairObsessed

I've seen them at Sallys and they are really inexpensive. I think $1.99 but don't quote me. The packaging says not to wash it and to replace it after 3 months. It may be gimmicky but the purpose of any scarf is protection and while I bought a silk scarf that day instead (and paid more) I still think they are a good idea and now my mom is using one. I don't consider it a source of conditioning for her hair but rather just additional protection.

keke

it si by Miss Christina. Now i remember. Some1 else on here said that also. they com ein bright colors too. Bright orange, and green :^P lol

lala

I bought 2 scarves at sally's last year. One of them (purple) had a very loud fragrance that was so strong that I couldn't sleep with it on.

So I washed it and have been using it without the so-called conditioning benefits.