Condtioning Washes are Great!!!!

brittanynic16

I just did a condtioning wash, today!!!
It was great!!!!
Yesterday, I applied I mixture or Surge, Jojoba oil, Avocado oil and Castor oil to my hair. Today, I washed with Aubrey's Organic Jojoba/Aloe Hair Rejuvenator. Then I applied a leave in by Giovanni combined with a little aloe. After that I roller set with Magnetic rollers (the grey ones). I sat under the dry for the about an hour. But, I got impatient and took them out. The root were mostly dry except in the back but, my ends were still wet ( think I need bigger rollers). It was my first time wetsetting with magnetic rollers. But, My hair came out beautifully!!!!!!
The oil is still in my hair so it is not all dry!! Feels great! I won't be using shampoo anytime soon.

I have some questions. Is a daily rinise the same thing as a condtioning wash? How do you ladies do it and how often do you ladies do conditioning washes.?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
With co rinsing you don't actually manipulate the scalp you just apply the conditioner to your hair and rinse out after a few minutes or so. With co washing the conditioner is applied to the scalp and it is massaged as if you are shampooing.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Yes Brittany, I am a daily conditioner washer! Yep, seven days a week, rain or shine, hot or cold! My hair absolutely thrives off of doing this.

Minimul Breakage or none at all. Less shedding. I only shed about 10-20 hairs a day. Silky soft hair. I can't stop touching it!

Are you going try doing it frequently?

brittanynic16

I think I am. Today, I just wet my hair then left my condtioner on for 10 minutes then rinsed it out. Is that right? Is that considered a conditioning wash or rinse? What actually do you do? Do you deep condition under heat?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I don't use heat to deep condition. It sounds like you did a rinse. I actually apply the conditioner to my scalp and massage like I would if I was shampooing.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Never too many questions my dear!!

I use it instead of shampoo to cleanse my scalp also! My hair seems to love having a clean scalp daily!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
Thanks. I have on more question. Do you do it in the morning or at night?

[/ QUOTE ]
Night. In the morning my hair is dry except the ponytail. I use the baggie trick on my ponytail.

Michelle79

I'm going to have to do a CW to see what the big deal is. Knowing all the great advice I've gotten off of here, I'm probably missing out by not doing one.

So the steps are:

Wet hair
apply (moisturizing or protein??) conditioner
rinse out
apply leave-in
dry

is this correct??

sbj4115

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to have to do a CW to see what the big deal is. Knowing all the great advice I've gotten off of here, I'm probably missing out by not doing one.

[/ QUOTE ]

girl, i was thinking the same thing! lol...

B

ballet_bun

Dont Speak Defeat got me hooked on CO washes. My hair seems a lot healthier when I keep up with it!

Ballet Bun ...

brittanynic16

I like the aubrey but I have not decided how much I like it. I will do another wash with my Nexxus and tell you then.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
Dontspeakdefeat, what conditioner do you use for your washes? (I just may skip the shampoo this weekend.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I just depends on how I feel that day. I usually rotate. I love the different smell and feels of conditioners.
Let's see...

Any VO5 except I have never used the clarifying one
Clariol 5x's Renewal
GF 3 min mask
Keracare Humecto( but not as often as the rest!)
LUST etc.
These are the ones I use at least once a week I have others I use less frequently.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
Dont Speak Defeat got me hooked on CO washes. My hair seems a lot healthier when I keep up with it!

Ballet Bun ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Great to hear!

shinyblackhair

DSD:

You are to be thanked in a BIG way! I followed you co wash routine last night almost to the "T" and let me tell you my hair feels amazing! Thank you!

ETA: I am definitely sold on doing the nightly co washes, throughout the winter. Even though I live in Canada and it gets as cold as, well...Canada.
And I had so little shedding! I'm convinced that this is going to be the thing that get me over the almost to bra-strap hump!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Shinyblackhair, you are a sweetie. U R welcome! You will get hooked on this. I have been doing it since July and my hair is so healthy. I can't imagine going without washing my hair now. It is like second nature!

keewee

what kind of conditioners can i use when i do a conditioner wash? is suave professionals and aussie moist ok?