*Today marks my 1 year Transitioning Anniversary!!!

Sweet_Ambrosia

:dance7: :dance7: :dance7:

I’m so proud of myself for making it this far in my Transition.
It really doesn’t seem like a year, the time reallyyy flew by.
There were a few bumps in the road, but overall my Transition is still going smoothly, my hair is healthy and growing at a nice rate. I’ve gained a lot of new growth, so much so that my natural hair reaches my ears when stretched. If I were to BC now I would have a nice cute fro, just saying I’m not gonna actually do it though. :look: :lol: Now that I have 1 year under my belt, I have another 2 years to go. Yep, that’s what I call slowlyyy Transitioning. I don’t wanna sacrifice any major length just yet, atleast until my natural hair is brastrap length or mid back length when stretched. So hopefully within the next two years it’ll be at that length, if things continue to flow in a positive direction, I have a feeling that it will. :grin:

I absolutely adore my natural texture. I love playing with it, I love looking at it, it’s like I’m rediscovering the "natural me”, in essence I am. This is something I should have done years ago, but back then the thought of going natural didn’t even cross my mind, coz I was so accustomed to having relaxed “straight” hair. One of the things that motivated me to take the natural leap was this site as well as another. I became inspired by seeing all the beautiful natural haired ladies especially on this board, I stalked a lot of fotki’s y’all just don’t know! :sekret: :lol: All of the beautiful natural manes just motivated me to give relaxers the boot for good. My hair didn’t “need" it in the first place. I’m so thankful that such a wonderful board like LHCF exists, not only has it helped me obtain long healthy hair, it has also helped me realize that natural hair is beautiful no matter the texture no matter the length, if it’s properly taken care of it will thrive regardless. Of course the members of this board make LHCF what it is, it can be bumpy sometimes, but nevertheless it’s an awesome board! :D

~Special shout outs to~:

*Chicora
*Onepraying (girl you’ve documented your transitioning journey so well)
*Afashionslave
*Den1
*IrrisistableB
*babyblue
*Peachtree
*Carlie

Your albums are so inspiring, thanks for sharing. :kiss:

Now I just have to work on my album. :lachen:

Peace,
S.A.

:rosebud:

dynamic1

Congratulations! I reached my 3 year transitioning anniversary this month. So you can do it with a lot of patience.:grin:

Chinagem

Yeah, congrats. I admire you ladies that can stick with the transitioning that long. I couldn't even stand to do it for more than 5 months- had to cut that relaxed stuff off. Next time I'll quit it cold turkey.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Good for you!!!! You should feel joyous about your first benchmark. Keep it up and you'll continue to reap the benefits of beautiful hair !!

CutiePie0Five

Yayyy! One year! good for you. I can't wait until I reach that point myself. But wow, two more years of transitioning? I don't know if I could do that...but I wish you the best. Maybe you'll be my inspiration to keep going!

Mestiza

Happy Transitioning Anniversary!!!

I'ts been a little more than 6 months into my transition to natural and I plan to do a long one, just like you. :yep:

Shine-On

Congratulations :dance7: . I have also decided to transition and have no plans of doing the BC. I am off to view some of the ladies albums you mentioned. I need all the inspiration I can get. What style are you wearing now?

Sweet_Ambrosia

Shine-On said:
Congratulations :dance7: . I have also decided to transition and have no plans of doing the BC. I am off to view some of the ladies albums you mentioned. I need all the inspiration I can get. What style are you wearing now?

I've been wearing protective styles 90% of the time, my hair is in a bantu knot out puff as of now. :)
Good Luck w/your Transition. :)

Sweet_Ambrosia

Mestiza said:
Happy Transitioning Anniversary!!!

I'ts been a little more than 6 months into my transition to natural and I plan to do a long one, just like you. :yep:

Wow, good luck w/ your Transition! :)