Contemplating C&G method, please post your braids pictures

Gemini350z

Hi Ladies,

I am contemplating on trying the crown and glory method. Right now I am stretching until December 15, and at the moment my hair has a lot of newgrowth, and I am having a problem managing it. So I figured braids might be a good way to go.

If you have any pictures of your braids can you post them, this will be my first set ever, so I am not very familiar with the different styles.

TIA

Senegalese Twist:
244006742111_0_ALB3-vi.jpg

The Ends:
254006742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

How I wore it Everyday:
380665742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

Updo:
168645742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

This year I did C&G with kinky twists. I've probably had them in every color under the sun, but black is always my favorite. :yep:

100_3915-vi.jpg
000_20011-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Senegalese Twist:
244006742111_0_ALB3-vi.jpg

The Ends:
254006742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

How I wore it Everyday:
380665742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg

Updo:
168645742111_0_ALB-vi.jpg
Oh those are pretty, Senegalese Twist are those different then regular braids?

Are they really tight around your edges? Can you get them done thicker?

Sorry for all the questions, I am a newbie when it comes to braids.

This year I did C&G with kinky twists. I've probably had them in every color under the sun, but black is always my favorite. :yep:

100_3915-vi.jpg

Oh I like these too!!

Ladies does it really take forever to get these done? I have no patience at all and cant sit still...lol , do they take all day?

To Gemini350z:

Oh those are pretty, Senegalese Twist are those different then regular braids? Thankx! Yes they do differ from regular braids because instead of braiding the hair you twist it.

Are they really tight around your edges? No, the girl who did them made sure they werent too tight. She even said that she was going to do the hairline looser than the rest of my hair. I dunno if you can see it but on some parts of my edges she braided the hair in (instead of twisting it) so that it would hold better and not slip/slid out.

Can you get them done thicker? Of course you can but I don't like this particular style when the twist are too big.

Sorry for all the questions, I am a newbie when it comes to braids. No problem. I don't mind the questions at all. That's what we are all here for:yep:

Oh I like these too!!

Ladies does it really take forever to get these done? I have no patience at all and cant sit still...lol , do they take all day?

6-8 hours I'm usually dying to get out of that place. They play really loud obnoxious music and the seats are terribly uncomfortable.

I love your twist they are too cute...okay so im getting either the twist or the braids...

what kind of hair did they use? they look really lite.
and can you still do the C&G with them in?

I might as well post it here for everyone to see also...

They are very light compared to regular box braids and the time to take the out was half the time it takes to remove single braids.

Yes you can still do the C & G method with these but I preferred to wash them every 2 weeks with a shower cap on instead of every week.

And i used the Dana Cali Kanekalon braiding hair to do these twist.

Hi Ladies,

I am contemplating on trying the crown and glory method. Right now I am stretching until December 15, and at the moment my hair has a lot of newgrowth, and I am having a problem managing it. So I figured braids might be a good way to go.

If you have any pictures of your braids can you post them, this will be my first set ever, so I am not very familiar with the different styles.

TIA

Here are my kinky twists

Attachments

• K1inkyTwists.jpg
    K1inkyTwists.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 38
  • KinkyTwists2.jpg
    KinkyTwists2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 33
  • KinkyTwists4.jpg
    KinkyTwists4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 26
Very pretty shyness, i decided to go the sew-in route rather then braids, I just know I wouldnt have been able to sit still that long to get them done.

all these pics are of my own hair braided/twisted up, although sometimes i add phony ponies or wear braid extensions too. :yep: you can check out my Fotki for all kinds of ideas.

flat twists all the way back, strawset ends:
nye04-vi.jpg

small flat twists up into a bun:
twists-vi.jpg

twists3-vi.jpg

flat twisted in front, puff in back:
moresmiles002-vi.jpg

6mostyle001-vi.jpg

large cornrows into ponytail w/phony pony:
braids02001-vi.jpg

braids1001-vi.jpg

box braids: