I'm starting the C&G method...I did the braids myself (pics)

so so chic

I just braided my hair yesterday. I'm so proud of myself because I had no idea I could do this. I was for someone to do my braids, that would'nt do them too tight and be gentle with my hair, and while waiting, I decided to give it a try...and here it is :D .

There are 41 braids in total. I braided it them yesterday, and washed them today, using diluted CON in a cup (two caps full and water) and a sponge. After washing, I sprayed my scalp with Infusium 23 and braids spray. I then mixed both in a large bowl and sponged the mixure on my braids. I plan on using the Crown and Glory method. I learned how to do the braids on the website.​

ETA: Sorry about the picture quality!!!

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

Good job! :clap:
I think the C&G method is good for giving the hair a break from daily manipulaton. Keep giving your hair plent of moisture and it'll be fine. :)

DivaRox

Good Job!! I wish I could braid. I watched the video and finally I was like, nah-I gave up too easily on braiding. I love wearing them though. Hats off to ya!:D

Braided~Beauty

They look great!
Isnt it wonderful when you realize you can do it yourself and make it look as good as the professionals :)

so so chic

Thank you all so much :) . I would say that the hardest part for me was parting. I don't have a 360 degree mirror, so trying to get the parts straight was a mess.

so so chic

tsturnbu said:
my hair has thrived with the C&G method. Good luck and Happy hair growing!

I hope to have the same luck as you! Question: in your regimen it says that you condition the braided ends, do you also condition the entire braid? I guess I ask because my braids are so long that conditioning the ends would not be conditioning my hair.
Also, how do you, or anyone else condition your braids? On the C&G website, she doesn't say anything about conditioning...I don't think. Is it because the Infusium and braid spray is enough? Sorry for all the questions :) .

Twisties

Very pretty braid job! Good luck with getting growth too. You did such a good job, do you braid for others?

so so chic

Twisties said:
Very pretty braid job! Good luck with getting growth too. You did such a good job, do you braid for others?

Thanks :) . This was my first time ever attempting to add extensions in my hair or anyone elses. I don't even know how to do corn rows :lol: . Even while braiding these, it took me an extremely long time, because I braid really slow. But, my mom and everyone else is saying that they look professional and that I should start braiding hair for others.

SexySin985

Isn't it great when you figure out you know how to do something like that?:lol:

My son has a lot of hair and I like to keep it braided. I would take him to a solon and the girl would always charge me $35 AND I would get it done every 2 weeks:eek: So one day I decided to cornrow his hair myself and let me tell you, I was so excited when I was finished because I was thinking about how much money I am about to save. So from now on I do his braids myself and although I am no pro it still ends up lookin neat and professional:D

Now if I could just learn how to do the twist have in my hair now:look: Maybe I should get a manniquine(sp) head and practice:scratchch

Nonie

You did a good job. :thumbsup: And heck, I have been braiding for years and only ever use a mirror when parting the areas in front where I plan to part my braids when styling them. I do use a comb to part and I do aim to make the partings straight, but even if they weren't, that doesn't concern me one bit coz no one is able to see the partings once the braids are in anyway. Last think I need is a locked neck and no one even noticing or appreciating the effort I put into getting like that coz the braids cover up the partings anyway. :lol:

so so chic

SexySin985 said:
Isn't it great when you figure out you know how to do something like that?:lol:

My son has a lot of hair and I like to keep it braided. I would take him to a solon and the girl would always charge me $35 AND I would get it done every 2 weeks:eek: So one day I decided to cornrow his hair myself and let me tell you, I was so excited when I was finished because I was thinking about how much money I am about to save. So from now on I do his braids myself and although I am no pro it still ends up lookin neat and professional:D

Now if I could just learn how to do the twist have in my hair now:look: Maybe I should get a manniquine(sp) head and practice:scratchch

It is such a great feeling when you realize you can do something new. I just started cutting my sons hair. I am so proud of myself everytime I cut his hair, because in my opinion it looks better than when I was taking him to the barbershop.