Cornrows...better on wet or dry hair?

mscounselor

I did some very novice looking cornrows today and I want to try them again on freshly washed hair. Is it better to air dry then braid or do it on wet, detangled hair?

Personally, my cornrows turn out a heck of a lot better when I do it on completely dry hair or only very slightly wet.
When I try it on wet hair, they turn out looking like I've already had them in for a week! :)

please dont do it on wet hair. just think about the snagging and breakage. hair is not supposed to be manipulated so much when wet

I guess I need help with air drying as well. I think I pull out more hair when I blow dry. Any suggestions?

I do cainrows for braidouts on wet hair (refer to my album lonei3) but if I plan to keep them in for a few weeks, i would do them on dry, rollersetted hair. Trying to braid airdryed hair just leads to breakage for me.

soslychic said:
Personally, my cornrows turn out a heck of a lot better when I do it on completely dry hair or only very slightly wet.
When I try it on wet hair, they turn out looking like I've already had them in for a week! :)
I agree with this...My cornrows come out looking better on dry hair or at least slightly damp...and plus it's safer...less breakage and tangles to worry about.

lonei said:
I do cainrows for braidouts on wet hair (refer to my album lonei3) but if I plan to keep them in for a few weeks, i would do them on dry, rollersetted hair. Trying to braid airdryed hair just leads to breakage for me.
Thats what Im doing now...although with no hair dryer. I plan to let it dry a bit then part it in about 5 and corn row it and add rollers to the end.
Hope it works out.

toosexy1 said:
please dont do it on wet hair. just think about the snagging and breakage. hair is not supposed to be manipulated so much when wet

I agree. Manipulating wet hair like that is just asking for trouble.

Back