Could I have Jumped the Gun ?

G

I did a search for Tracy's, Seasonal Shedding thread and I'm not getting far.

My hair had been shedding/breaking for awhile now, 3 mos? I had hormonal problems and had to take Birth Control, then stopped two months later. I think the sheddin might be from this. Or it could be the seasonal thing If so, how long does it last
crazy.gif

Anyway, being scared of seeing this everyday, I did aphogee today and I'm wondering if I jumped the gun and did more damage than good.

I had a touchup 2wks ago and she did a deep condition (reconstruct i think) and with me doing this will it create a problem?

I guess my most important guestion in all this is, Is Aphogee non effective on Shedding? I know it works for breakage. But does sheddin just have to take it's course or can something be done?

TIA

Oh, BTW if someone finds the thread please bump

Also, this lady told me that once you reach your "Max" Hair growth that your hair shed's the excess.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A LIE/MYTH/MISNOMER SUMPTHIN...

crazy.gif

It's better on breakage IMO Mindy. Have you tried Garlic shampoo? Garlic shampoo is really good when your shedding is due to internal issues - hormonal, seasonal or otherwise. My shedding lasted 2-3 months and began in August. Yours could have just started later and been exacerbated by the birth control pills.

Get the unscented. You'll be happy you did.

P.S. the Aphoghee didn't do irreparable damage i don't imagine so use a moisturizing cond a few times for the next few washes and watch your hair...

I don't believe that shed the excess stuff either - but then - I don't believe in a "max length"...yet.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
It's better on breakage IMO Mindy. Have you tried Garlic shampoo? Garlic shampoo is really good when your shedding is due to internal issues - hormonal, seasonal or otherwise. My shedding lasted 2-3 months and began in August. Yours could have just started later and been exacerbated by the birth control pills.

Get the unscented. You'll be happy you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

((((TRACY))))) Thank you so much. In my meditating on this, I did remember the Garlic Shampoo, but was unsure if it was for breakage or shedding. I'm going to order it today, even though I don't understand how an external product would be effective for an internal issue - And yes I will get the unscented, I don't want to walk around smelling like lunch
grin.gif

Again, thanks for the rec's.
And knowing that yours lasted 2-3 mos, makes me feel better. (not about your shedding) but that mine might not be so abnormal.

Back