Crayons to add color to your hair

locabouthair

Does anyone use these? I'm wearing a half wig and I saw this in the BSS but I remember when I was younger my aunt used to use it in her hair. It's used to touch up your grays.

I'm wearing a half wig and I'm only leaving out a small part of the front. I was too lazy to put in my jet back rinse this week to match it with the rest of the wig.

Has anyone used these before? Do they work well?

locabouthair

Pandora, the ones I saw look a different but I guess they do the same thing.

Sorry for the confusion ladies :lol:

January, I saw it in the BSS this week. I should have picked it up. Maybe I can just use this instead of rinsing the front of my hair to blend in with my wig.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Pandora, the ones I saw look a different but I guess they do the same thing.

Sorry for the confusion ladies :lol:

January, I saw it in the BSS this week. I should have picked it up. Maybe I can just use this instead of rinsing the front of my hair to blend in with my wig.

:giggle:
Only ppl who have been dealing with grays for a while now know about the crayons to touch up your grays. Most folx 'round here are still too young. :lachen:

Yeah, the crayons work in a pinch - works when you don't have time to color your hair.

locabouthair

^Thanks. How long do you have to reapply? Do they cause any buildup or makes your hair dry?

I'm surprised only two peple on this site know about it:lol: I was still a kid when I found about it...

Maybe my mom can use it too because her rinses only last a week maybe 2 and it's back to gray..

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
^Thanks. How long do you have to reapply? Do they cause any buildup or makes your hair dry?

I'm surprised only two peple on this site know about it:lol: I was still a kid when I found about it...

Maybe my mom can use it too because her rinses only last a week maybe 2 and it's back to gray..

They are only for temporary fixes and not the all-to-end-all solutions.

If you have a lot of gray it will look a little dry, but make sure your hair is well moisturized and you should be fine. The best thing to do is try it and see if it works for your needs.

I have also used a tube of old mascara which will work fine in a pinch too. :yep: