Four Seasons: What Changes Do You Make To Your Regimen?

Lady Esquire

Winter:
Since January, I've been wearing a half wig. MsKibibi does so every winter and her hair thrived.
I like to baggy more often in the winters. And I notice I always need more moisturizer in winter.

Spring:
It gets relly humid here, so I use a lot more serums and anti-humectants.
I may self-install braids.

Summer:
I wash more frequently in the summer because the heat dries out my hair.
Maybe I'll continue on with the braids.

Fall:
Rollersetting and wearing my hair out seems to look the best during fall, because it is not too hot, cold, dry or humid.
But this Fall I may continue with the braiding or wearing the half-wig.

Last edited:

Barbie83

Winter: definitely more protective styling. Buns and half-wigs. I also tend to skip my mid-week cowash and just do my shampoo wash/DC on Sundays.

Summer: wayyyyy more cowashing, I can't get enough! I :love: cowashing and wet bunning in the summer, I feel so refreshed and smell like shampoo all day :love3:

-also do a lot of twists and twistouts in summer, and therefore stretch longer :yep:

lovegymnasts

none really
I still wet my hair daily no matter what the weather. In the winter, the only time I am generally outside is when I am going to and from my car. My fleece ski hat or winter hat combined with the hood of my coat, keep my wet/damp head toasty warm. If my office is cold which it sometimes is, I put my winter hat on and my body heat quickly warms my head up.
During the summer, I do tend to where more braid-outs and twist-outs.

D.N.A.

I don't really change much. I just use heavier oils like castor oil in the winter, and lighter ones like olive oil in the summer, to seal.

jetbeauty09

I can't say I change too much. The only difference is I use more castor oil in the winter time thats it.

Whats good for the winter is still good for the summer and vice versa. I'm a wig lady anyway so it doesn't make a difference.

Kellum

I so far haven't changed my regimen for the seasons. I wear my hair down for a week or so after my touch up and then after that I am back in PS. I still moisturize and dc just the same. I may change it a little once I get to my goal length because I plan on wearing my hear more.

KinkyGenius

Winter: I DC much much longer. More overnight DCs. My hair needs the moisture in the winter. I don't cowash during this time. Definitely more protective styling as well. I notice that I use more direct heat during the winter too because airdrying can be difficult and I get lazy with the rollersetting.

Summer: Cowash more. This summer will be trying to stretch my relaxers much longer (I normally relax every 12 weeks) and after 4 years (had a horrible experience with braids in college) I'm going to try utilizing braids to help with growth and retaining length.

loolalooh

Winter:
Wash less: about weekly or biweekly. Moisturize more: about 1-2x a week.

Summer:
Wash/co-wash more frequently: about 1-2x a week ... maybe 3x if I sweat like crazy.