Crown and Glory Challenge Begins 1-1-2005

Miz_Complexity

Hi ladies. Here are the names of the people that have signed up for the crown and glory challenge for 2005.
Miz_Complexity
reformatio
PraiseHim
den1
Alli77
Cinnabuns
Ebony
Alee
hottopic
AllAboutTheHair
Growingitlong
Bee6
melodee
kinchen
Shawnee66
Natrlchallenge
Dale
carletta
cece22
MeechUK
miss_brown

Updated on 1-5-2005
toniu
hottopic
BahamaMama
Cinnabuns
Alli77
islangirl2002
bellydancer
Sade7

The Rules
1.Take before pictures if you can. This will help chart your progress.
2.Be consistent with the 2 months on two months off routine.
3.Revert back to this http://www.growafrohairlong.com, if you are doing your hair the natural way or if you have a relaxer.
4.Make sure that you keep your hair moisturized with braid spray. Avoid using oil based sprays because this can cause build up and it can make it hair to take the braids out. The link http://growafrohairlong.com/braidreg Follow the C&G washing technique when you have the braids in.
5.Do what you think works best for your hair when you wear it in braids.
6.Take your vitamins, drink plenty of water and work out. Let’s think about this as a mind, body and soul experience.
7.Be gentle when you are working around your temple area to avoid balding and thin spots. Sleep in thoughs satin scarves, bonnets or on the satin pillow cases.
8.Remember to be patient when it comes to growing your hair, it takes time to see results. Stay motivated. Lets check in monthly, to keep each other motivated and encouraged with our growth progress.

Happy Hair Growing.

Last edited:

WaterMoccasin

I guess I'm unofficially in this since I plan to do braids every 2 months or so beginning in Feb (keeping them in for 6 weeks, then 4 weeks of treating/conditioning/bunning then putting braids back in etc.)

miss_brown

Thanks for the reminder. I'm soon coming off my first 2 months of braids, so next week, I'm starting to wear my hair out for 2 months. I'll be back in braids in early March :)

AllAboutTheHair

I took my braids out this weekend so my next set will be put in at the beginning of March. I wore braids for 7 weeks and 3 days previously. I figured it was the weekend and 4 days wouldn't kill a sistah. Happy Braid Challenge everyone ! :)

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
Checking in again… Thanks for the rules/guidelines. I got my braids done Dec.23.04, so I have quite awhile before I have to remove them. Everything is going fine so far. I cannot wait to see the end results.

bellydancer

I soooooooooo want to join this challenge. I don't know if I can deal with braiding my hair every two months though. I think I'm going to join though. I guess I'll start a little late in February. yea february first so I have time. Count me in. I'm going to have to abort the baggie challenge.

Cinnabuns

Oh I wanted to this challange so badly. Over the weekend I tried to do my own braids and failed miserably. I guess that I will have to by the tape that she sells on her website so that I may be able to do them well. Oh phooey...

Healthb4Length

I am starting at the end of Jan/early Feb. I am going to get my hair texturized first, I want to wear it straight for my graduation(I just realized that I haven't worn my hair straight for a year and a half!) and then I will start my braid-a-ton

Miz_Complexity

I just want to say to all the ladies that are interested in the 2005 challenge you can join in February. I seek no problem with it. Just remember to follow the rules and stick with the every two months .If you want to modify the regimen it would be ok. Just keep a record of what you do. Let the board know if you see any results in new growth and lengths.

hottopic

I did my own braids on 1/2/04 I am already in..When I am out of braids I will be wearing buns to protect my ends. I will surge everyday 2 times per day. So it will be braid 1/2-2 months, buns for 1 week after braids, 2nd week perm, 3-4 week back in braids. I will do that cycle for 1 year and see how it goes.........and picture updates every 2 months.

toniu

I know I'm a few days late but I would like to join this challenge also. I plan to have my hair braided on Thursday. I'm new to the broad but I will try to post pictures within this month. Thanks

islangirl2002

I'm quit new to LHCF and would like to be added if it's not too late. I already have braids, but it's been only three weeks since I got them. Thanks

Sade7

I want to participate. I'm currently in braids and will take them down and re-do them on or around March 1, 2005.

karla1908

Count me in. It has been seven weeks since my last relaxer and I can't remember when I have gone so long without a relaxer. :perplexed I usually go every 4 to 5 weeks for a retouch. Since joining the group, I realize that this is not good for my hair. I will be getting braids in two weeks! :grin: