Crown and Glory Challenge for 2005

Miz_Complexity

The Crown and Glory Challenge Starts January 1. 2005
Hi ladies. Here are the names of the people that have signed up for the crown and glory challenge for 2005.
Miz_Complexity
reformatio
PraiseHim
den1
Alli77
Cinnabuns
Ebony
Alee
hottopic
AllAboutTheHair
Growingitlong
Bee6
melodee
kinchen
Shawnee66
Natrlchallenge
Dale
carletta
cece22
MeechUK
miss_brown

The Rules
1.Take before pictures if you can. This will help chart your progress.
2.Be consistent with the 2 months on two months routine.
3.Revert back to this http://www.growafrohairlong.com, if you are doing your hair the natural way or if you have a relaxer.
4.Make sure that you keep your hair moisturized with braid spray. Avoid using oil based sprays because this can cause build up and it can make it hair to take the braids out. The link http://growafrohairlong.com/braidreg Follow the C&G washing technique when you have the braids in.
5.Do what you think works best for your hair when you wear it in braids.
6.Take your vitamins, drink plenty of water and work out. Let’s think about this as a mind, body and soul experience.
7.Be gentle when you are working around your temple area to avoid balding and thin spots. Sleep in thoughs satin scarves, bonnets or on the satin pillow cases.
8.Remember to be patient when it comes to growing your hair, it takes time to see results. Stay motivated. Lets check in monthly, to keep each other motivated and encouraged with our growth progress.

Happy Hair Growing.

Last edited:

Dale

I'm already doing the crown and glory, I started last May. I am definitely joining this challenge. I had planned on continueing it into 2005 anyway.

carletta

I'm already doing this til may 05. I started last month and I'm in week 5 so far. But I'll join in anyway, extra incouragement would be good for me !

Healthb4Length

I'm doing this for all of 2005 and possibly 06! @Den1, did you relax your hair at all during this process or did you just kept it in braids and protective styles?

melodee

GeezLouise! All these good challenges. I'm going to rock braids, but I won't officially join as I don't follow Robin's advice to the tee. But I'll kind of follow it

Nanyanika

Yes, i first texturized in dec 2003, and kept my hair in braids inbetween texturizing.

Alli77 said:
I'm doing this for all of 2005 and possibly 06! @Den1, did you relax your hair at all during this process or did you just kept it in braids and protective styles?

hottopic

Natrlchallenge said:
Is her braid viseo easy to follow? I can't braid or twist to save my life

buy the video I did and I braided my own hair....Very easy. Oh! I am already doing crown and glory for 2005...started early December.

MeechUK

MeechUK
Good idea count me in. This weekend I visited the site and tried the baking soda clarifier and hair brushing technique. I was very impressed with the information and results. I'm up for this challenge.

AllAboutTheHair

Now THIS is the challenge I was waiting for, count me in. I am in DSD's supergrowth challenge 2005, also. My current individual braid style comes out January 6. So the next set of braids will be put in around the middle of March. Happy Hair Growing, everyone!

PraiseHim

Hi everyone, okay I know this may be going over something again, but I need
to make sure that with this crown and glory tech. you can re-touch your hair
in between braidings? :confused: I'm interested in the challenge I just want to make sure :)
Thanks

Healthb4Length

@ PraiseHim, you can definately get ur touch-ups doing this method. Robin suggests that if you do, you should wait 2 weeks-2 months after you take out your braids so that your hair does not become structurally damaged. So immediately after you take out braids (like within that week) DON'T RELAX your hair! It will cause damage! Wait 2 months (3 weeks) if you can't wait that long, during the waiting period strenghten your hair by doing deep protein treatments. By doing this your hair will be strong and can withstand the chemicals when you get it relaxed or texturized. Go to robin's site and look under Q & A section for how to take care of relaxed hair.

www.growafrohairlong.com

PraiseHim

Thanks Alli77 for the info...count me in as soon as I figure out how to put my own braids in from Robins video..hopefully in the next 2weeks. I pray I'll be able to post some good braiding results :eek:

PraiseHim

Miz_Complexity

Hey ladies I just wanted to say thank you for all the ladies, who are participating in the Crown and Glory Challenge for 2005. I will be making a list of the ladies who are in the challenge. Here is a website that has a lot of valuable information www.growafrohairlong.com.

I will also be posting some rules for the challenge in a couple of days. If anyone has any suggestions for the rules for this challenge, that would be great. This is an example for one of the rules: 1. be consistent with the 2 months on two months routine.

I will be posting the rules the final rules for the challenge Dec 30, 2005. Remember the challenge beings January 1, 2005 – December 31, 2005.

CarefreeinChicago

do you pre treat the hair exactly like she says ...my sister said the hair (human) looked bad when i pre treated last time and i need these to last 8 weeks at least

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
kinchen said:
do you pre treat the hair exactly like she says ...
I wondered the same thing. This is what she says on the website "Swish the kanekalon hair around..." She never refers to human hair. I did not wash my human hair extensions. Everything seems fine so far.