Crown & Glory Challenge '07

Nanyanika

Alli77 said:
How's this challenge going? Any updates? I plan on removing my weave tomarrow...I'll update with pics later in the week.
hi alli77, how's is everything going? could you tell me how long you had your weave in? and how did you manage to care for your real hair?

LovetheLord

I'm in. I plan on updating here every two months. I just went to her site and found some interesting tips. I think I will tweek it a bit though. Happy growing everyone.

newflowers

I am making good progress. I took my braids out on Sunday and am being rebraided tomorrow. I did switch the hair this time - the recommended one is not my fav - the texture feels icky on my skin.

nikkivale

I took out my braids yesterday. I had been wearing them since the 1st of january and I have 2" of growth. The braids and MTG/Surge 14 have been doing wonders. I am letting my hair rest during March and deep condition and Aphogee to strengthen my hair for braiding in April-May.

cutiebe2

I just got braids in three days ago. Next time I am going to do it myself. I will be on summer vacation so I won't worry if it doesn't come out perfect. Plus I will have all the time I need to practice

morehairplease

count me in ladies....I am getting kinky twists tommorrow.

my regimen will look like this:
--Sun
poo & deep co
spray scalp & braids
--Mon, Wed, & Fri
oil scalp
--Tues, Thurs
cw
spray scalp & braids

each day I plan on doing a 5 min. scalp massage both morning and night.

I plan on using the following products while in braids:
Infusium 23 (moistur)ologie poo, co, and l-i
Nexxus humectress for deep co
Better braids l-i
African Pride braid sheen spray
and TJ's nourish spa co & Infusium 23 (moistur)ologie co for conditioner washes.

I have not decided on what supplements, if any, I will take.

newflowers

I buy sea spnges at Cost Plus World market - I love them for bathing and hair washing. If there is not a Cost Plus near you, you may wish to try FNWL - don't forget to use the 5% discount. They have a variety of sponge types and sizes.

morehairplease

newflowers said:
I buy sea spnges at Cost Plus World market - I love them for bathing and hair washing. If there is not a Cost Plus near you, you may wish to try FNWL - don't forget to use the 5% discount. They have a variety of sponge types and sizes.

newflowers thanks SO SO much!

Bosslady1

Alli77 said:
How's this challenge going? Any updates? I plan on removing my weave tomarrow...I'll update with pics later in the week.
\

My hair is growing steadily. Since February 24, I have seen plenty of growth. I am not using any growth aides. (doing a self challenge here)

If my hair keeps growing this steadily, I can acheive 3 - 3.5 more inches by June.

I am taking out my braids next weekend. I will do a deep treat then put it into a braid out pony for the rest of the week. Then I will braid it again.

aziza

I'm in (hope it's not too late).... I want to do the C&G till December. I am in braids (cornrows) right now, and I'll be alterating between weaves and braids. I am hoping to gain 5-6 inches by December.

Robin41

I'm a little late but I want to join too! I just had kinky twists put in over the weekend and I'm not liking them so much but I'll keep them in for about a month and then switch to some other type of braids. But I'm doing C&G at least through the summer.

PuffyBrown

Bosslady1 said:
Hi everyone,

Starting this weekend I will be doing the Crown and Glory method until September of this year.

Any takers?

Better late than neva......I'm in.
I have been in braids for a hot minute, but I just started growing it. I was cutting it off after it got to a certain length but now I want it long.

I want APL by September, that would be about 9-10 inches...

Regimine;

Wash 3x per week. Deep Condition under heat B4 washing.

Apply my MTG concoction 3x per week.
Apply homemade LIC 4 days per week.

When changing my braids;

Take out braids;
Deep Condition;
Put hair in loose plaits;
Wash hair;
Deep Condition
Rinse
Take out plaits
Put in StayFree Curl Gold and StayFree Curl Snap Back
Let hair airdry
Put hair in updo for 48-72hrs usually phony pony.
Rebraid hair.

Exercise: 3-4 days a week (Cardio, Weights, Pilates)

Healthb4Length

Bosslady1 said:
\

My hair is growing steadily. Since February 24, I have seen plenty of growth. I am not using any growth aides. (doing a self challenge here)

If my hair keeps growing this steadily, I can acheive 3 - 3.5 more inches by June.

I am taking out my braids next weekend. I will do a deep treat then put it into a braid out pony for the rest of the week. Then I will braid it again.
]

Way to go! I took out my weave a couple of weeks ago and I plan on getting yarn braids soon. My hair is pretty strong still but I'll wait a few more weeks to put them in because my scalp is sore and tender...after that I'll be braiding it up. I even ordered my kinky curly textured weave hair for the summer. I'm on a roll!:lol:

I'm like you too, I haven't been using any growth aides aside from the multivitamins that I take and the flax seed oil I take occasionally, I'm not really consistent with my vitamins and my hair seems to be doing fine.

remnant

I'm in ;) , It has worked for me last year so I'll do it again I'll do it in two sessions :

1st session: the beginning of april until 21 july.

21 july - mid september (I would have fun with my hair:D )

2nd session: mid september until december 2007.

My regimen will be the same:

1/ Sessions 1 & 2 : C&G _ box braids(by myself) or weaves are in for 5/6 weeks!
Moisturize once a day or every other day with my homemade lotion
(in a spray bottle:Spring water(500 ml to 750 ml)+oils(carrot,almond,avocado,olive,castor) 2 or 3 teaspoons for each oil+glycerin(100ml)+Le KaÏR cholesterol (10 teaspoons)+Essential oil(ylang ylang or rosemary or lavender)30 drops or perfume oil

Once /week : Cowash with diluted conditionner.
Shampoo and deep conditionning every 6 weeks after removing weaves or other style.
Get the style redone immediately after airdrying.
My braids are NOT TIGHT and i re-do the front and the back every two weeks

2/ Summer _ 21 july - mid september : twist and twist-out, flat twist-out, afro puffs, puffs, wash and go, and heat style
Deep treatment:le Kair cholesterol +avocado treatment (courtesy of Candy-C)every 7 to 14 days following by a conditionner wash!
Po once a month with deep treatment too!
moisturize hair when needed(not for heat style).

If I find Aphogee here I'll integrate it in my regimen (thanks Chicoro) otherwise I'll do henna every 3 months

EDIT: I cannot find Aphogee here I'll try instead of it: Affirm 5n1 reconstructor, and i'll henna every 3/4 months!

Last edited:

Naphy

Soun, it seems to be a good program ^^ If you find Aphogee in Paris, fais-moi signe ^^
I would like to know where do you find lekair cholesterol here? because I'm looking for it

newflowers

I'm still in. I have been unbraided for the last couple of days and will be rebraided again tomorrow. I've washed twice and deep conditioned twice.

So far, my growth and retention has been very good. I am pretty sure that I can continue until late summer before I relax and re-evaluate my strategy.

I did discover a cool thing - I bought some of the Indian Ayruvedic powdered herbs and made a tea which I used to wash my hair while in braids. It works very well getting my hair and scalp very clean. I put the tea in a spray bottle and sprayed my hair until is was saturated and dripping twice, then rinsed. Because I did not have to manipulate my braids at all, they stayed neater for a much longer period. I will definitely do this again.

mscocoface

I am doing the crown and glory but it has been too hot here in SoCal to deal with anything long so I braided all my hair, am keeping it in a baggie and using a short and curly to hide most of my hair.

See below.

phynestone

I don't think I've joined the challenge for '07, but here I am.

My hair was relaxed for the first time since October and I have gained some length, according to my friends and stylist. It feels longer and it's still pretty healthy. I also got a trim and didn't lose a lot. Now I'm inching towards armpit length.

Naphy

Ok so I'm already in the C&G challenge , and I plan to re-do my braids in 2 weeks. I'm 11 weeks post relaxer : Should I relax ? I'm very afraid to redo my braids, to take them out at 16 weeks post relaxer and to experience breakage....

hothair

Can I join this? I just took out my braided twists after about 5 weeks and have DEFINITELY retained some length in, I'll leave my hair out for about 3 weeks before putting in some single braids...

shynessqueen

I'm still in the same old braids and they where driving me crazy because of all the NG but I'm starting to clam down now. They look really bad and i haven't done them yet. I don't think I'm going to redo the middle at all.
Olny two more months to go and i can take out my braids. i think the MSM is working but I'm not sure.

Healthb4Length

I'm getting braids on Thursday, will post update pics. This is my second protective style, I had a weave before. I can't wait to get my box braids I feel so lost without my braids or weave!

remnant

Naphy said:
Soun, it seems to be a good program ^^ If you find Aphogee in Paris, fais-moi signe ^^
I would like to know where do you find lekair cholesterol here? because I'm looking for it

I'll pm U;)

Bosslady1

I am putting some braids in this Saturday. I rested my hair for 2 weeks. Time to get my C&G started up again!:lol: ...totally loving the results! (heathier, stronger, fuller hair)