CURE FOR FLAKY SCALP? COMMENTS PLEASE

keiron

hay i suffer always from falky scalp i cant even keep my hair in corrows for more then 2 weeks without my scalp flakin and yes i so mosisuruze my hair with olive oil/water in a bottle but still i get dryness of scalp and iam a male which i dont know if that matters lol.

holla.
trampoline.gif

Are you greasing your scalp? Certain greases tend to cause flakiness. I know when I use Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil, this stuff would set my scalp off, and there would be flakes everywhere, even though it was growing!

What I find helps the most is rinsing the scalp frequently. When I don't do this, problems tend to arise. Also, if I try to go 2 weeks without washing my hair, it's all over by the second week.
violin.gif

Nothing got rid of my flakes better than weekly (without fail) hot oil treatments. Since I started doing this last August, I haven't seen one flake.

Try
1. Jojoba Oil
and for pre-shampoo conditioning
2. Olive Oil

I never have a problem with flaking, so I hope that it works for you.

Maybe you should try a mild castile soap/shampoo w/ tea tree oil. Dr. Bronner's is a good choice. A friend of mine tried it (my recommendation) for this and it worked well....left her hair feeling good too. You can get Dr. Bronner's in most health food types stores (not GNC...AFAIK)as well as online....AND you can use it as a general body wash or face wash too. Good luck!

I used to have flaking, dry scalp even with hot oil treatments. I started taking flax oil internally and it cleared right up.

Does it itch? Maybe you should see a dermatologist just in case there's some medical issue with your scalp.

The thing is that you need to stimulate your scalp in order to get the sebum (natural oil that your scalp produces) flowing. There are a couple of ways you can do this 1) certain essentials oils promote this (peppermint, tea tree, lemograss, etc) 2) massage your scalp, brush your scalp (not your hair), or exercise. I am a natural hair stylist and whenever a client comes to me with a flaky scalp, I make sure to use Dr. Bronner's Peppermint or Tea Tree shampoo (you may have to dilute it because it can sometimes be too drying to the hair). If you still have a flaky scalp condition, you may want to see a dermatologist. Oh another thing is to keep in mind that certain medications or foods, drinks, etc can give you a dry, flaky scalp. So be nice to your body.

I used to suffer from really dry scalp. Rosemary oil has cleared it up completely. I use it several ways:

1. Mix with jojoba oil and put directly on scalp
2. Add to my shampoo and wash as normal (I only apply shampoo to my scalp)
3. Add to my conditioner when I deep condition

HTH!

Try to increase the amount ot times that you are washing/rinsing your hair. I had an itchy, flaky scalp for years until I started to wash/rinse every 3-4 days. This keeps the scalp clean and helps to stimulate natural sebum oil production.

HTH

HEY all thanks for advice but iam a male and i cant wash my hair every 4 days so sir not my ass lol.....i wear twists now and its cool cause when i used to wear cornrows it happend alot but now with twists its kinda cool but one thing iam tryin to not do is grease my scalp and i think maybe that might have somthing to do with it even thoe i only use olive oil for scalp usally but ill keep u guys posted.

thanks.

What does being a male have to do with not being able to wash your hair more often? If anything, it should be easier for you to wash more often than us ladies.

I'm not trying to be mean, but just want to understand. It should be simple for you to wash your hair everytime you jump into the shower, even if it is just rinsing with water.

Thanks!

Maybe he doesn't want to have to get his hair styled that often. The majority of boys that wear their hair long don't do their own cornrows, twists, etc. I dunno. Just guessing.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What does being a male have to do with not being able to wash your hair more often? If anything, it should be easier for you to wash more often than us ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. You can can even rinse your hair with the twist it (as long as the water is running lightly and your only massage the scalp - not manipulating the hair itself). Try it.
smile.gif

Back