Curlformers on Natural vs. Relaxed hair (pictures)

danimani

So I got my first set of curlformers when I was natural. I used them a couple of times, and got these results:

I was worried they wouldn't work now that I'm relaxed or that my hair would be too long, but they turned out perfectly. I did use 1/3 of what it took when I was natural, since my hair isn't nearly as thick. I shampooed, did a light protein treatment, washed out the protein treatment, conditioned, then set each curl with my leave in conditioner and elasta QP setting foam (LOVE that stuff!). i also used four flexirods (the tiny blue ones) in the very front for a little different look, and because eventually I want to do an entire flexirod set! i airdryed overnight (i.e.--i slept on those hard pieces of crap!), took the rollers out, used some hairspray (this look has to make it until thursday!) and sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. i then sprayed with oil sheen and tea tree oil spray.

oh, and i apologize for the camera in the face. curlformers suck to sleep on (i have to take a sleeping pill to get a couple of hours!) and they finally woke me up at 6AM! i'm not about to show ya'll what i look like at 6AM. and trust me, you don't want to see it either...

here are my relaxed results!

i know some people hate these things, but i LOVE curlformers. they make the most absolutely perfect curls ever.

can't wait until i accumulate enough flexirods for an entire flexirod set.

Tee

Beautiful. I spent about 50 bucks on these things and can't make them work for me!