Curling iron daily?

soslychic

When I come out of these braids, I'm planning on getting my hair cut to a chin length bob (in order to even my hair, the shortest part in the front is chin length). Now I wouldn't mind sporting a short cut if I could jazz it up with a few flips and color. I'm looking into the color thing...but the flips would require me to use a curling iron every morning. Would that be damaging if I used NO more heat on my hair since it's only for the flips and not heat all over my head?

Can anyone suggest any other ways of getting a chic, hip, look with a short style w/o a lot of heat? TIA!

I had cute short flips once...yes, I had to use the curling iron almost everyday to keep the look...the flips eventually fried off.
frown.gif
nono.gif

As a former user (of the iron ha ha ha- I know I'm corny) don't do it!! You're going to fry your ends and there's no heat protectant out there in the world that will stop that from happening. Using heat in that way everyday is damaging period!! I would save that style for special occasions unless u sport a weave and do it on that only.

just comb the hair all back or in the style that you want and roller set the ends (i am assuming your hair will be long enuff to do this)but of course roll them the other way so it flips UP like you want it.

It is my very strong, serious and firm belief that you cannot have long hair AND a curling iron in the same house for any length of time

the curling iron alone would be bad, but adding the highlights, you'd definitely be asking for trouble...

is your hair damaged? why are you cutting so much off?

Either you want long hair or you don't. I've been there. I was addicted to the color demons and heat. Now that I really really want long hair, I don't desire permanent color. I actually like my natural off-black hair color now.... I rarely use heat too. It's much easier to change your habits than you think- especially when you start seeing progress. Maybe you should get a weave in the style that you want.

[ QUOTE ]
why not use a few rollers to flip up the ends overnite?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wore my hair in a short flip and used rollers for the flip every night. I used magnetic ones. When I was growing my hair out of a "Halle Berry" cut as it grew back I started off with the dark blue rollers at Sally's (the smallest size they come in) and as my hair grew I graduated to each size. My hair style always looked nice sleeping in the rollers for a flip!

Pandora's suggestion is a great one!

[ QUOTE ]
Either you want long hair or you don't. I've been there. I was addicted to the color demons and heat. Now that I really really want long hair, I don't desire permanent color. I actually like my natural off-black hair color now.... I rarely use heat too. It's much easier to change your habits than you think- especially when you start seeing progress. Maybe you should get a weave in the style that you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

keylargo, you are so right about changing bad habits. i just knew i'd be unable to stop using heat, and i was until i started styling my hair differently. the ironic thing is i was doing all this "stuff" trying to grow my hair. but as soon as i left it alone, that's when it started getting longer...
laugh.gif

I also agree that Pandora's suggestion was
up.gif

Back in the day i used sponge rollers & Miss Cool setting lotion to set up flips on shoulder length hair. I also used the Caruso rollers
smile.gif
. I'm not sure if ur going for that "freeze flip" or the "flowing flip" (the flips kinda moves around with mega body). In either case, rollers whether mags or sponge can do the trick
smile.gif
. BTW for the "freeze flip", I used gel; for the "flowing flip" i used Miss Cool.

DEFINITELY DO NOT USE A CURLING IRON ON UR ENDS & CERTAINLY NOT EVERYDAY. OVER TIME, U'LL BE SORRY THAT U DID!

Back