Curls products!

glamazon386

I haven't used it before but I'm checking out their website now. What's 4c type hair? They have it listed on the products chart.

ETA: Why are all these curly hair products online so freaking expensive? :confused:

Last edited:

Divalicious

I tried the Curl Souffle and although I loved the smell, it left my hair a little dry so I mixed it with castor oil.

stargazer613

I ordered samples from Sistasplace.biz, and I liked the Curls Souffle, Milkshake, Whipped Cream, and Curly Q Custard. And I really liked them...HOWEVER, they have a super strong coconut/vanilla smell (which I normally like) but I found it way too overpowering. The scents gave me and my bf major headaches, so I'm glad I only ordered the samples because it was just too strong. I ended up tossing them after one use. But I do like the consistency of their products. Nice for braidouts, buns, ponytails, etc.

Oh yeah, I also got samples of the cleansing cream and the asian tea conditioner but wasn't feeling those. They didn't provide enough moisture for my hair. HTH :)

blazingthru

I use all the products to. I like the whipped cream actually I like the all of their products but the smell can be overwhelming at times. I only use it when I am trying a different style. or when I want an afro with curls going through it then I use the souflle and the custard it usually comes out nice. I wish I could send you a picture of my cousin her hair comes out wonderful with their products whereas heres gets higher and curlier mines flops. all my curls flop down. I hate that.

audacity.

IDK how well (or not) they work but I placed an order for them on Saturday and I received them today. I paid for the least expensive shipping.

I can't wait to use them. The milkshake is supposed to be a wonderful product to use while you are transistioning...we'll see...

Esmé

I use the Curls Milkshake moisturizer. I'm transitioning, so I put it on both my natural and relaxed hair. I'm also in a bun most days and I must say that it controls my frizzies without making my hair hard. It also goes into my hair well and doesn't leave a residue even when I use too much (which is common, I'm pretty heavy-handed). I apply it to wet hair.

It smells pretty good in the jar and isn't overpowering on your hair wet or dry. It also give me great control for my buns. I never have any fly-aways.

tatiana

I have used the following:
Curlious CLensing Cream (?) -- I like it
Coconut Max Condish -- I love it esp. for CW
Asain Tea Condish -- I like the coconut condish better
Milkshake -- I like it
moisturizer should be used with curl souffle or whipped cream
curl souffle -- was good but I like whipped cream better
whipped cream -- excellant esp when used with the moisturizer.

thanks to curls I was able to do a wash n go everyday last summer and it made my transition easy. I was able to wear my hair down without frizz, dryness, or ponytails.

i am surprised that the line does not get that much love here but oh well.

please note curls products do not make hair curly

hrtbndr21

I bought the full sized Milkshake...it's a pretty good moisturizer. If I want to wear a puff after wearing my hair in a bun all week (my hair becomes compact), it gives me nice separation and moisture of the strands.

I have a sample of the whipped cream haven't really figured out what to do with it yet. I tried it a few times but didn't really get much out of it.

I tried the goddess glaze, it's a slippery gel, good for slicking back hair.

My hair is 4a with some 3c sprinkeled in.

BK Bombshell

I'm using Curls Milkshake now and my natural 4a/b hair is in :love:. My hair feels moisurized but not sticky and there's no hardness at all. I've used it in both wet and dry hair. Next I want to try the Whipped Cream.