Daily washing challenge for April anyone?

ydbaldock said:
I have been washing my hair every day for the past two years, but I would like to join this challenge.

My favorite hair product is Nioxin Smoothing system. However about a week or two ago, I jacked up my hair by using the Infusium 23 Leave-in treatment (original formula mixed half with filtered water). It left my hair so dry and brittle that it looked like I fried it with a curling iron! WHAAAT?!!!

I did not lose much hair, but I stopped using Infusium altogether and put the Nioxin system on hold.

Here is my regimen for this challenge:

Shampoo: Kemi Oyl No-Soap Shampoo

Conditioner: Kemi-Moyst Conditioner

Deep Conditioner (once a week, 30 minutes, hooded dryer): UBH

Leave-In: a small amount of Kemi-Moyst Conditioner

Moisturizers: Sweet Almond Oil, S-Curl

How has washing everyday for the past 2 years helped your hair? Id like to continue my regimen of CO washes 6 days a week, and shampooing once a week from now on (indefinitely). Do you shampoo everyday? TIA! :)

I would love to join but my hair is in a braided weave and It's still 50 degrees outside, I'll have to wait then try it when it's warmer.
Does anyone who lives domewhere that gets cold do cond washes daily or every 2 days in the winter? If yes then how do you manage not freeaing to death or catching pneumonia?

Forgive me for not responding sooner. My monitor went out on me, and I had to get a replacement today. My husband teased me and said that I probably damaged the monitor by spritzing it with some of my scurl (I put my moisturizers on while surfing the net)!

I started my regimen in May 2003 and it has been more of journey of recovery from very damaged, 3" to 5" colored hair to 8" to 10" shoulder-length hair (I have a lot of new growth right now. So it's probably longer than that. I do not stretch my hair when I measure it). Yes, I shampoo every day. My hair is 4a thick and coarse and it is more manageable, clean, and fresh-smelling when I wash it often. To keep my hair from feeling stripped, I moisturize at least twice a day with BB Oil Moisturizer (I ran out of this though), oils, and scurl. Sometimes I add Olive oil or my other favorite oils (almond and coconut) to my conditioners.

For this challenge I will be using the Kemi no-soap shampoo, but I think this shampoo works more like a conditioner wash. It feels clean, but it has that consistency of a conditioner wash (I hope that I am making sense).

Did I answer your question? I have a tendancy to ramble. :)

Jewell said:
How has washing everyday for the past 2 years helped your hair? Id like to continue my regimen of CO washes 6 days a week, and shampooing once a week from now on (indefinitely). Do you shampoo everyday? TIA! :)

Last edited:
PerfectDoak... I just checked out your album for the first time... your hair grows FAST!!! And your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

I was reading in one of your replies how you had some white build-up on your scalp. I get this reaction when I use WGO. I had to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the build-up. I also got this reaction 8 years ago when I used Pantene :eek: conditioner as a leave-in conditioner.

Jewell said:

Last edited:
Count me in...it finally warmed up here, so I won't mind letting my hair air dry in a bun everyday. So, I guess I won't be doing my infamous braidouts this month...unless I wash at night, so my hair can airdry overnight.

This will be the perfect opportunity to put a dent into some of my products.

Daily: I'll CO Wash with V05 Strawberries and Cream Smoothing Conditioner, until it's gone. Then I'll move on to my Suave Aromabenefits Cucumber and Melon Conditioner.

Nightly: I'll Surge (Hair Revitalizer Plus 14) my scalp, dampen my hair w/ S Curl No Drip, and slather on Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream and sleep in a plastic cap.

If I wash at night I'll condition with LeKair Cholesterol Plus, CO Wash and do a braidout. I'll Surge my scalp, and rub a bit of Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer mixed with a few drops of IC Har Polisher (Serum) into each section of my hair before making 4-5 cornrows straight back. In the morning I'll take out the braids, seperate, and use a colorful scarf as a headband.

If I wash in the morning, I'll CO Wash out the Cholesterol from the night before slather in a bit of gel, S Curl activator gel and a few drops of serum, pull hair into a bun and go.

Might as well, I'm bout' it! LOL!

Night: Apply "light amount" of pure olive oil
Day: wash out with Shikai Amla conditioner (if it doesn't prove it's self AGAIN, i'll switch to VO5 conditioner)
Moisturize: StaSofFRo of course

Oh yeah, I stopped washing my hair with tap water, y'all might wanna do the same.

Last edited:
Thus far so good I am curently out of town and it is hard to keep your regimen while out of town I did a rinse last night rather I say this morning (2:30 A.M.). I ca n feel some hella new growth that I cannot control (accidently left the s-curl at home)! I need a cute style for a Step show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back