Daily Washing Challenge Part 2

Vanessa22

Re: Daily Washing Challenger Part 2

Great! This is exactly what I've been doing. Thanks!

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
Greatness333, I am relaxed. After I wash, I usually airdry in a wet ponytail. I wash at night so I let my hair dry overnight. In the morning I just lightly brush hair into bun style (I brush just to smooth the top layer--I do not comb my hair again until next wash). I just realized last night that I now have enough hair for my own bun, but my hair is only to my shoulder blades and and not thick, so I need more length for a fuller bun. I add a little weft to my own hair to give my bun some weight (it's anorexic as someone on this board described it). So many women on here have beautiful hair styles including the bun. I don't have the length I want yet, but I really want to try some wash and go styles and braidouts when my hair gets longer. I cannot wait! Good luck to you and everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Ubavka123, for clearing that up. My only concern is what about breakage from constantly wearing wet ponytails? On top of that, the tossing and turning while sleeping?

@ Stephypoo, thanks for the inspiration.

ubavka123

I have just been doing this a few weeks and I have to say that I got more breakage from wearing dry ponytails (in large part due to the blowdrying and poor handling). I handle my hair very gently when wet and I have had very little shedding/breaking. I have had the least shedding and breaking since I started to do this regularly. So, I am hooked. Occasionally, I will check for breakage. I comb my hair straight down all around to check that my ends are still in tact, and I see no damage so far. As I said, I am being careful. As for the tossing and turning at night, I have a satin pillowcase and I sleep with a satin scarf. Also, using a leave-in greatly helps me to easily and gently comb my hair back into the ponytail. When it grows more, I will make the pony in the shower, like some of the ladies do, but for now, I need a little more control. I hope this helps and good luck.

GinuwinesBoo

i have my hair in braids right now but im still in it. ill just throw conditoner on my braids every morning and then rinse it out and put them in a towel till they dry.

iCandey

dont know why I started (probably because I just quit my job and have a lot more time on my hands) ..but I just did automatically - with out knowing about this challenge. I love it, I have noticed less shedding and a healthier feeling scalp...I will see the new growthm when I get my relaxer...I dont even seem to want a relaxer any more and my hair is definitely more manageable .... I think the reason this grows hair faster is because of the Oxygen water gives the scalp...now after I had Biotin..watch out!!!

lthomas1

Hair Power!

Check in for the daily washing challenge. I still do my daily co washes and surging everyday. I have alot of new growth since my last touch up in Oct. 2003.

Cinnabuns

I'm still doing my daily conditioner washes daily and my hair feels, smells and looks great. Even though I am also partcipating in the bun challange I can still see major volume and luster in my hair by not wearing it down everyday!:)

lthomas1

Hair Power!

I am still doing my daily co washes. I presently has alot of new growth and will be touching up soon. How is everyone doing with the challenge? Effective immediately I will not be online as such as I used to be. I am studying for my MBA and then my PHD. I wish you all the best. I will be lurking from time to time when I get a chance.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!

I have been prety consistant with my daily co washing....my hair is responding well to it dispite what my family thinks about black folks washing their hair everyday....lol. My hair is doing great and I can tell it has grown a good amount since I started (I think I started the last week of July wen I took my tree braids out)....now I am going to get tree braids again and slow down to once a week

lthomas1

Hair Power!

The challenge is over and I hope all of you grew alot of hair this summer.

lthomas1

Hair Power!

[ QUOTE ]
I had great progress.

[/ QUOTE ] Congratulations LABETT I hope you have continued success with your hair!!! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

auntybe

I took a break from daily washing most of the summer....now I wash everyday with Surge Power Wash.

bellydancer

man i'm joining this challenge in november or december. We don't have a shower at this house so I have to wait until I move to my apartment. My hair grew the most when I did conditioner washes everyday for 3 months in my dorm.