Interested it a Now until End of December Washing / CW Challenge?

Hello ladies,

It seems that there are quit a few ladies here you have experienced increased growth (some significant increases) by simply washing or condition washing more often. What I have heard most is an increase from once every 2 weeks to 2 to 3 times per week. So, here's what I am interested to find out: Does simply increasing the number of times you wash/condition wash cause your growth to take off (no vitamins, no special growth tonics...simply increasing your washes). I'd like to try this from now until the end of December to see if I notice a difference. I currently wash my hair about once every 2 or 3 weeks.

If anyone is interested in joining me here's my plan:

1) Wash / condition wash my hair 2 - 3 times per week.
2) Do not take any special hair vitamins
3) Do not use any topical hair growth treatments or aides
4) Do not use any heat
5) Take before and after pictures
6) Officially begin the challenge this coming Saturday, December 1 and check my growth on December 31st.
7) I and anyone else who is interested can decide at the end of this short challenge if we want to continue the challenge based on progress and ability to maintain the increased washing schedule.

*Note: If you already wash or condition wash 2x per week, if you're interested you can try doing condition washes daily to see if you get additional growth.

* Another note: While I will try to refrain from using heat during this period, that would not be a required part of the challenge.

Let me know if you're interested. Again, I will be officially starting on December 1st. Meanwhile, I have to come up with how I'm going to maintain the hair styles to keep them quick and easy, but also presentable. ...know what I mean? :grin:

- winniebread

Last edited:
I am planning to wash / condition wash at night and twist my hair up since it's part natural and part texturized. It will be dry by the morning. Would that work for you?

My goal is to get my hair back to when it was its longest a few years back (see my fotki). I'm trying to remember what I did to get it to that length. I really liked it.

- winniebread

I wish I could, but I can't.
I'm freshly relaxed, taking vitamins and using growth aids.

Sorry.

I want in. I've been using Surge and taking Biotin, but I've I don't mind not using either for the next month.

I think this would be a great way to finish out the year. I like that your allowing for some heat be used seeing that Christmas and NewYears are both at the end of the month.

Will update later.

Count me in! I've been doing this on and off for about 2 months and airdrying and putting it a bun afterwards. So far it's been working pretty good, my hair is much healthier, but as for the increase in growth...:ohwell:

Yaaaa...yaaaa...yaaaa. That's what I'm talking about. I'm thinking if we just keep it consistent and isolate what we're doing to just this, we'll see whether or not just doing this will maximize our hair growth...and potentially save ourselves a whole lot of money.

I actually have conditioner in my hair now and am about to rinse out. This will mark my second wash this week.

Full speed ahead ladies... there's still time to get in at least one wash this week and then do 2-3 poo or conditioner washes next week.

Let's keep each other posted.

:grin::grin::grin: winniebread :grin::grin::grin:

How has it been going with everyone so far????

My update so far....

Wk 1- CW 6x and did Henna
Wk 2- CW 1x and CW/DC 1x

It's only been two weeks so I'm not sure about growth, but I've decided to airdry 1x a week and dry with a bonnet 1x a week. From now on I think I'm sticking with washing 2x a week only b/c my styling options are too limited.

I know I'm super late, but I wanna join! I just did a relaxer in Nov, so that can be my starting point picture. I've been co-washing daily and dc'ing twice a week for about 7 weeks now and my hair is thriving. I'm not taking any vitamins or using any growth aids, just co-washing :yep:

How's everyone doing? Anyone noticing any changes in their hair?

Back