Dang it, I was doing so well...

WomanlyCharm

I actually had my products down, my hair was growing, getting thicker and generally looking much healthier. But my one vice killed all that...THE BLOWDRYER. :mad:

Air drying just didn't work for me, and all my roller sets turned out ridiculous, so I ran back to the blowdryer...and I honestly believe that's what caused my hair to thin out again in the back. I feel so terrible, all that progress down the drain, why couldn't I just put the stupid blowdryer down?!

I am about to cry...I feel like I'm back to square one, and I hate it.

Sorry ladies, I just had to vent, because I really do feel bad. I don't even want to look at my hair anymore. :(

honeycomb719

Sorry to hear that WC. I know how u feel with a set back. I have been back to using the blowdryer weekly and my hair seems to love it. Maybe it can be something else.

LJBFly

I feel you. I had gotten my hair cut after 3 years and it was so full and even. I then messed it up with the blowdryer and curling iron and had to start all over.

renee_n_3000

I'm sorry about your setback, WomanlyCharm. Blowdryers were not good for my hair either when I used them. What was it about airdrying that you didn't like? Maybe there's a way to make that work better for you.

rdm

If you do rollersets, try using indirect heat on a low setting ( a hooded hair dryer).

Isis

That's why I threw my blowdryer away when I started this journey, so I wouldn't be tempted.

The good news is that your hair will thicken up again once you consistently do other methods, such as aridrying in a rollerset or use a low bonnet dryer setting as Rdm said (or a cool setting). Just don't give up on rollersetting. There are many good tips from the ladies here such as Macherieamour's blog.

Last edited:

WomanlyCharm

Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies.

I know I have to keep trying...I was just so happy and proud of my progress. I'll keep trying to perfect my airdrying method, I've heard about the great results some of you get so I know it can be done.

*throws evil blowdryer in the trash*

hopeful

(((HUGS!!!))) I am so sorry this happened to you. I have experienced many setbacks too so I really feel your pain. It's like we are a little too hard-headed and our hair is a little to delicate. Just try to re-group and start again, by next year this time you'll likely see a lot of progress.

crlsweetie912

(((((((HUGS)))))))))
I think once our hair begins to look healthier, we get lulled into a false sense of security and go back to old habits. EVERYBODY experiences setbacks so don't worry!

shunta

WomanlyCharm said:
Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies.

I know I have to keep trying...I was just so happy and proud of my progress. I'll keep trying to perfect my airdrying method, I've heard about the great results some of you get so I know it can be done.

*throws evil blowdryer in the trash*
Im sorry this happened. Ive finally realized that within the past few months without the blowdryer, my hair is doing soooo much better. At first, I was so afraid of letting it go for fear of not being able to rollerset properly, so my excuse was to blowdry. (I only rollerset to get my ends straight) But anyway, sweetie, all Im trying to say is try to give it up again and try to rollerset using the ponytail method- that actually helped me so much. That way, I didnt have to blowdry my hair. And I promise you that I havent looked back since, and I dont have to trim as often now since Ive given it up. The blowdryer had my ends looking all chewed up and dry; it was a pathetic mess. Look at how much Isis's hair has benefitted from getting rid of the blowdryer. Im sorry this post is so long, but I just wanted to give you some inspiration and make you feel better. Good luck, chica!!:)