Darn It!

LadyDee

I started using care tips from this board about a month ago. I was wearing natural twists and had a major breakage in one area of my head. I'm talking BREAKAGE. Today I did a deep condition and the hair including the breakage area was looking good. So I thought.
I started to braid up the damp hair and found MORE breakage spots amidst all this healthy hair. I don't mean a little breakage. I'm talking spots with less than an inch of hair. My hair, the remaining anyway, touches the top of my shoulders when I blow dry.

So off I went in tears (literally) to call the dermatologist who will thankfully see me on Tuesday. I think I can fend off a nervous breakdown until then.
I really don't understand these "new spots." I've seen very little breakage in the past month. Theres no hair on the pillows in the morning. What the heck is going on????

Anwhooooo, who uses VIVISCAL and does it really work? Gonna go wipe my tears and blow my nose now...........

pebbles

Wow LadyDee,

I'm really sorry to hear that. I really don't know what to say except cheer up. Fortunately hair is resilient. It is most probably temporary. Your doctor will be able to advise you much better than me. Take care, and don't get too depressed over it. It's all going to be o.k.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Don't cry Lady Dee.

We'll see what your dermatologist says; then perhaps we can supplicate her advice.

Kitkat

I'm sorry to hear about your breakage, LadyDee. Hopefully your doctor can recommend how to counter it. Please keep us posted.

Boadicea

Viviscal takes 6 months to see any change at all. I used it for a year and saw no change in hair growth texture, thickness (or lack thereof) or growth rate. It didn't do a thing for me. I had better success with HF37. Also, you can get supplements that have more marine protein in it than Viviscal.

Armyqt

Hi LadyDee
. I'm sorry to hear about your hair loss. Here is a thread from a few days ago which talks about marine protein, which is the main ingredient in Viviscal. IMO Viviscal is wayyy overpriced. Marine Protein Thread

Please let us know how everything goes