Deep Conditioning Challenge 2006!!!!

MizaniMami

I have decided to start a challenge (Thanks to Tishee for bumping it up) for 2006. This challenge is a deep conditioning challenge. If you like to deep condition or think you need to deep condition more then this challenge is for you. This is to until the end of 2006. At the end of year we will come back to post our results!
**Copy and Paste**
" I (Name inserted) will deep condition (how often) times a (how often)"

I, MizaniMami will deep condition 3 times each wash, once a week

Pre-poo with cap:1hr-7hrs with Humectress or Keraphix+Humectress with my choice of oil

Conditioner with cap and heat cap:20-30 mins: Aveda Damage Remedy Deep Treatment or Nexxus Phyto Organics Enphuse

Final conditioner with cap and heat cap: 20-30mins: Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner or Nexxus Humectress​
This is for every wash!!!​

Last edited:

blackhair

This is for me. I have a huge stepback (see the thread stepback).So I need this challenge.

" I BlackHair will deep condition 2 times a week"

CPR and oils (olive, coconut,..) on Wednesday after wash
Dominican conditions + oils on Sunday after wash

I will wither use a plastic cap and leave it over night
or use heat for 30 minutes

I, also will sleep at night with humectress on my ends and a plastic cap or bonnet every night

How long will take the challenge?

bluenude

oh how i love to deep condition!

I bluenude will deep condition 3x a week

pre-poo 30mins-1hr
shampoo
deep condition 1-3hrs

Pre-poo with Triple Moisture
Deep condition with Aura Cherry Bark or Nexxus Humectress

Lovelylocs

I may as well make it official. I'll join too.

Prepoo w/EVOO atleast 30minutes
Shampoo with head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner in one or Garnier Nutrisse Long and Strong

Deep condition with heat with Affirm Fiberguard and/or Elasta QP 30 minutes with heat and honey. :)

MizaniMami

Lovelylocs said:
Mizanimami, how do u prepoo with humectress and oil?

Well I just slather a bunch or humectress with any oil of my choice. Depending if my hair needs protein I add keraphix to it too. I am going to start warming up my oil before I apply it to my hair. I usually let it sit anywhere from 1-7 hours, no heat.

MizaniMami

blackhair said:
This is for me. I have a huge stepback (see the thread stepback).So I need this challenge.

" I BlackHair will deep condition 2 times a week"

CPR and oils (olive, coconut,..) on Wednesday after wash
Dominican conditions + oils on Sunday after wash

I will wither use a plastic cap and leave it over night
or use heat for 30 minutes

I, also will sleep at night with humectress on my ends and a plastic cap or bonnet every night

How long will take the challenge?

My bad I edited it to say it will last until the end of the year.

Ladylynn

Ooh, I've been doing this already. I might as well challenge myself to stay with it. " I, Ladylynn, will deep condition 2 times a week using Silk Elements Moisturizing Deep Treatment conditioner on my moistrure weeks, and ORS Replenishing pak on my protein weeks. I alternate moisture one week and protein the next.

assiyrabomb

I love deep conditioning my hair. I usually wash once a week but since I am going 100% natural my hair tends to get dirtier more often so I'll wash to keep my hair clean. Good luck ladies!

I, assiyrabomb, will deep condition 2x a week.:)

MonaRae

I MonaRae will DC daily between April - October, and twice a week between November - December using MNT.

I will poo 2 a week and pre-poo with Flaxseed oil once a week..

For the good if the mission I will do it!

sassyhair

Wow I am excited about this challenge... (edit for spelling)
" I Sassyhair will deep condition once a week."

Pre-poo: (30mins-overnight)
One week- with Keraphix and Mango and Lime Island oil
Alternate- week pre-poo with cholesterol and Mango and Lime Island Oil

Shampoo:
One week- Pantene breakage control
Alternate week- Biotera moisturizing

Deep condition: (1hr-overnight)
One week- Pantene breakage control
Alternate week- Biotera moisturizing

MeechUK

MeechUK
Great thread,
I have really slacked off my regime, due to time. I kick-started my routine again a few weeks ago after sporting extensions and noticed a marked difference. I would be very happy to join this challenge.

" I MeechUK will deep condition 2 times a week".

MeechUK

taraglam2

" I taraglam2 will deep condition 2 times a week"

Conditioners I will be using while on this deep conditioning challenge are:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner
Wella Biotouch Extra Rich Intensive Mask
AVEDA Damage Remedy Treatment / Conditioner

E

EbonyRose

I, EbonyRose will deep condition at least 3 times a week. I already deep condition, but now that it has already started to reach 100 degrees, i can do it more often, so count me in.

kreeme

Oh yeah count me in!!! This will help me get rid of all of these products I've got stashed all over the place. I just got out of the shower and I could not believe all of the opened, unopened, half full, half empty conditioners I have upstairs.:eek: I'm not even talking about the stuff under the kitchen sink. So yeah...it's ON!!! :lol:

" I kreeme will deep condition 3 times a week"

amorette

:grin: okay I am in too. I Amorette Promise to deep condition 2 times per week:

Deep condition #1:grin: (wed or thurs and sunday)
1.pre-poo - saturate hair/ends with castor oil 1 hr-overnight under plastic cap
2.deep condition under plastic heat cap for 20 mins with aphogee deep moisturizing conditioner

Daily
co wash every other day with nioxin conditioner. Apply sulfur and almond or jojoba oil to scalp.

Mestiza

I will definitely join this challenge b/c I
to deep condition my hair! :grin: As a matter of fact, I'm doing it as I type, right now.

I, Mestiza, will deep condition my hair at least once a week.

MizaniMami

Lovelylocs said:
Updates? How is everyone doing with this?

I am doing very good. Well I am kind of a cheater because everytime I condition it's a DC.
I could't imagine conditioning without heat or a cap.
How is everyone else doing????

MeechUK

MeechUK
MizaniMami said:
I am doing very good. Well I am kind of a cheater because everytime I condition it's a DC.
I could't imagine conditioning without heat or a cap.
How is everyone else doing????

I'm doing well so far. I can actually see the difference, I've had an inch this month and am in dire need of a trim. I've cut out shampooing and sticking to DC & CWs. Might try DC with heat now the weather is getting warmer.

MeechUK

morehairplease

MeechUK said:
I'm doing well so far. I can actually see the difference, I've had an inch this month and am in dire need of a trim. I've cut out shampooing and sticking to DC & CWs. Might try DC with heat now the weather is getting warmer.

MeechUK

RE: the Starflower Oil in your siggy.....do you mind telling me what this does for the hair? tia

ETA: I am doing well so far too. Instead of dc once a week I plan on doing it two times a week.

MeechUK

MeechUK
tishee said:
RE: the Starflower Oil in your siggy.....do you mind telling me what this does for the hair? tia

ETA: I am doing well so far too. Instead of dc once a week I plan on doing it two times a week.

Tishee,
I don't really use it for hair, mainly menstral it controls my sypthoms and moods. It is also good for skin complaints. It is stronger in GLA than Oil of Evening Primrose, but the effects are very similar. I believe it softens and conditions hair, nails and skin internally.

I don't take all those vitamins religiously only the Starflower and Cod Liver Oil, which I have used for some years.

MeechUK

morehairplease

MeechUK said:
Tishee,
I don't really use it for hair, mainly menstral it controls my sypthoms and moods. It is also good for skin complaints. It is stronger in GLA than Oil of Evening Primrose, but the effects are very similar. I believe it softens and conditions hair, nails and skin internally.

I don't take all those vitamins religiously only the Starflower and Cod Liver Oil, which I have used for some years.

MeechUK

thanks MeechUK! Do you mind telling me the brand of the starflower & cod liver oil that you take? tia

MJ

" I Mzjones will deep condition Once each week"

I will use an Aubrey's Organics conditioner or a conditioning concoction that I make:)

I will most likely do this overnight and rinse out in the morning