Deep Conditioning Challenge 2006!!!!

bettytoo

I'll join i need to deep conitioner my hair.I'll try once every two weeks .When i wash my hair.good luck everyone with the challenge

Healthb4Length

Okay I'm doing it as I type! I just did an Aphogee treatment now I have in Lustrasilk's Shea/Mango butter cholesterol mixed w/Nature's Best Oils and Castor oil. Smells divine!

sassyhair

I think I need to change my deep conditioner, my cholesterol plus aint agreeing with me....need suggestions of alternatives....or I might just change to hot oil treatments.

blackhair

Just updating.. I am doing it and being very consistent. I do it mostly overnight. I mix any conditioner with coconut or olive oi. It is very good. The texture of my hair is improving.

KhandiB

I, KhandiB will deep condition 2 times each wash, every 2 weeks (or every week)

Pre-poo with cap:30 m to 1hr with Shea Butter Cholesterol mixed with EVOO and Dove Conditioner for Color Treated hair

Deep Conditioner after in shower conditioner - CPR or Aphogee Keratin REconstructor or NTM Masque or Dove Masque.. Which ever one I get this weekend!! :lol:

WaterMoccasin

I'm joining! (Although I don't think I'm starting 'til the braids are out :lol: )

I, BahamaMama, will deep condition once a week."

This is a biggie because, well, see how y'all sayin' you deep condition for hours or days? I usually 'deep condition' for about five minutes.

So a real one weekly! With what- don't know yet. LeKair cholesterol I think.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I, Sugaplum, will deep condition every Friday night :up:

Pre-poo: COW Method of VO5 Coconut Conditioner w/EVOO & Honey mixed with 2 table spoons of Pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo.

Deep Condition: Organics Hair Mayo w/Kemi Oyl. Covered with plastic cap; No heat for 30 mintues or w/heat for 20 mintues.

Cinnabuns

Hey I wanna Join! Count me in. :)

" I Cinnabuns will deep condition five times a week"

:eeK: Yikes I know that it is allot but hair CRAVES moisture like the desert. :beach:

I will condtioner wash daily (using Suave or V05 conditioners) and use a creamer conditioner (silicone-free, like White-Rain) and put on a cap and leave on for as long as possible.

I really like deep conditioning. My hair goes into hybernation mode and heals itself from weather and daily handling. :) Great challange MizaniMami.

Last edited:

Synthia

Now that somene hipped me to plug-in heat caps and most recently the plugless micro cap (which I heat up in the microwave and put over my conditioner)...I'm enjoying conditioning twice a week. Yea! :yay: My hair feels SO good. I'm using varios Ion conditioners.

I'm thinking about making Ion my brand of choice.

I may go up to three times a week unless that renders my hair lifeless. I find the more I deep condition, the fewer leave-in products I need. I really really like that, keeps my hair lite.

Last edited:

sassyhair

Let's bump this to get some updates!

I am still using silk elements cholesterol mixed with EVOO, or Keraphix mixed with EVOO.

I am deep conditioning once a week or 3-4days. I was using a sit under dryer until it died. So now I just walk around doing my house duties while wearing a shower cap or plastic grocery bag.

brownsugarflyygirl

I have to admit that before coming the LHCF I was not on the deep conditioning team :( except for at the salon, I have gotten better BUT now its time to step it up and be consistent so....

I, brownsugarflyygirl, will deep condition 1-2x per week.

This is what I plan to do...

2x month overnight DC with Motions CPR (+oils) - followed by poo and DC with Elucence MB (+oils) - 15 minutes heat under dryer

Alternate weeks I will not prepoo (b/c I clarify) and DC with Elucence MB mixed with Aubreys GPB (+oils) - 30 minutes under dryer

Okay...I am late to this challenge but very excited :grin: It goes perfectly with my consistency challenge....with all these challenges in six-months my hair will be mos def be flyy :grin: