Deep Conditioning - In/Out the Shower

Kayluv

Has anyone mastered deep conditioning their hair without having to jump in and out the shower? I really hate this. :nono: Does anyone have any suggestions that you have found to be successful?

I don't have a shower, so everything I do is done outside of the shower. Maybe you should try deep conditioning on dry hair. That way, you can start DC'ing before you enter the shower. Then, once you are ready to rinse it out, just take off you shower cap and rinse.

I would like to know too! I was in and out of the shower SO MUCH this past Saturday. This is due to the fact I had to:

DC w/ Motions CPR for 15 mins and rinse

DC w/ GVP Nexxus Humectress for 30 mins and rinse

Apply Roux Porosity Control and rinse after 5 mins

Man, I had water all over the place!

Well, I usually shampoo in the shower, get out and towel blot my hair to ensure deeper penetration of the DC, apply the DC, walk around/clean/errands/etc..., wash out in the sink. I do the last part in the sink so that i don't have to get in the shower and be wet again plus i find that i have better control over the water that way. Because I DC'd, I don't really have the tangles that some get when they rinse in the sink.

DCing on dry hair should alleviate this problem. I DCd on dry hair this past week and OMG my hair was super soft (still is as a matter of fact) and my NG was more manageable (11.5 weeks post). So in addition to convenience, DCing on dry hair was just better for my hair....

you can search for "deep condition on dry hair" and you should come up with some really good posts.

I shampoo in the shower and wash my DC out in the kitchen sink with that cool spray hose thingie...

A dry DC would work too...

I don't have a shower, so everything I do is done outside of the shower. Maybe you should try deep conditioning on dry hair. That way, you can start DC'ing before you enter the shower. Then, once you are ready to rinse it out, just take off you shower cap and rinse.

That's what I do :yep:

I poo in the shower (shampoo that is:lachen:) then apply condish, sit under the dryer for 30 min. rinse in sink...works for me!:yep:

I have a removable shower head with an attachment. so I dont have to get all the way in the shower to rinse my hair off

I wash my hair in the kitchen sink...then apply my DC, sit under heat cap...get in shower last to bathe and rinse out DC and detangle under shower stream. I hate jumping in and out the shower :nono:

This is my issue as well. It took me two days to relax and Dc because of all that jumping in and out of the shower nonsense.
And now that I add Porosity control it is another rinse. I dont like the sink beause I dont have a filter on it like the shower.

Back