Denman Brush D5

CurlyMoo

Doing something new! :yep:

I bought the Denman Classic styling brush D5 yesterday and plan on using it later tonight. I will use it as a detangler when I brush with the conditioner in my hair.

Has anyone else used this brush and what were your results?

Extremus

The same as any old comb :ohwell: That may be because I'm relaxed tho

I just bought and used it yesterday, so I may not know how to use it either

CurlyMoo

The same as any old comb :ohwell: That may be because I'm relaxed tho

I just bought and used it yesterday, so I may not know how to use it either

LOL Thank you. The D4 and D5 brushes are for thick or/and curly medium to long hiar. Your hair being relaxed you may need the D3. For that price and no refund I was hoping it would do fantastic things. It was like using a comb when I tried it on dry hair but I read it's best to use on wet hair with leave in conditioner to bring out the natural curl. But we shall see.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have a D5. It really makes good curl definition. My hair looks totally diffeent when I use this brush. I use it to brush my styling products or conditioner through for my wash n' go's.

Arcadian

I have a D4 and a D5 which I do use like I would a comb. I'm also relaxed but I do love my denmans.

-A

yuriko

i tried the denman brushes, don't really get the hype yet, but maybe its because I am relaxed

I love my D5 :drunk:

I don't own a comb. But I have super thick hair. Combs do nothing by aggravate me. I use my D5 to detangle for the most part and sometimes to apply product.

diligence

I have found that using the denman after taking my braids down (but before washing), gets pretty much all the shed hairs out, making combing after deep coditioning much easier. I'm afraid to use it on my wet hair, but perhaps I'll try it with conditioner next time I take my braids down.

foxieroxienyc

I like to use my Denman D3 when I'm airdrying and plan to flat iron after. After my wash/dc, I apply my products, and then detangle with a wide tooth comb. I let it get about 50-60% dry, then I carefully pick/brush my hair in sections with my Denman so that the hair gets straight and smooth. I then proceed to let it dry fully. It helps get out those sheds, and plus it sets me up for a smoother flat iron result since as the hair dries it's all running in the same direction and not all over the place. Also if I cant find my boar bristle brush when I want to smooth my hair out and pull it back after a co-wash, the Denman does the job quite well.

Extremus

LOL Thank you. The D4 and D5 brushes are for thick or/and curly medium to long hiar. Your hair being relaxed you may need the D3. For that price and no refund I was hoping it would do fantastic things. It was like using a comb when I tried it on dry hair but I read it's best to use on wet hair with leave in conditioner to bring out the natural curl. But we shall see.

After reading all the diff #s on the denman brush, I checked to see what # I have. I have the D3. :ohwell: What's the difference between the #s?

Extremus

I like to use my Denman D3 when I'm airdrying and plan to flat iron after. After my wash/dc, I apply my products, and then detangle with a wide tooth comb. I let it get about 50-60% dry, then I carefully pick/brush my hair in sections with my Denman so that the hair gets straight and smooth. I then proceed to let it dry fully. It helps get out those sheds, and plus it sets me up for a smoother flat iron result since as the hair dries it's all running in the same direction and not all over the place. Also if I cant find my boar bristle brush when I want to smooth my hair out and pull it back after a co-wash, the Denman does the job quite well.

after you've combed it w/ the denman brush, your hair/new growth doesn't revert before you flat iron?

Chanel's Tresses

I just got a D4 and I love it. I am transitioning and this brush helps me de-tangle without going insane. I love mine and I am not sure what I did without. I think once I become 100% natural I will probably need a D5.

ebzonix

What's the difference between the D3 and D5? As far as for natural hair, I mean I love the D3 its greeeeeat for detangling.

foxieroxienyc

after you've combed it w/ the denman brush, your hair/new growth doesn't revert before you flat iron?

Heck naw girl, lol. WTH?! Seriously that would have me cussing all over the place if it did, lol. It actually smooths out my hair considerably. I never have any real big issues with my NG in any case, except for that one time I had the bright idea to do a 4 month stretch...:nono:

CurlyMoo

Thank you ladies this really helps me I will also get the D4 someday but I want the crome handle.

kadej

Do you guys purchase your Denman's online? I only found the D3 at Sally's and would like to get the D4 and/or D5 for my thick unruly hair! TIA!

vkb247

I have thick hair, but moisture keeps it well behaved. I use a D3 to detangle and to define curls and I really don''t need any other brush or comb. I wanted a D4 but I have only ever seen the D3 at Sally's and I had to have to this brush.

I believe that the difference in the number is the higher the number the more rows of teeth.