Design Essentials Whose Tried It?

silkii_locks

I've tried just about everything in that line. The Design Essentials Shampoo is my staple 'poo. Can not live without it.

I have the Express moisturizing conditioner, the setting lotion, wrap foam and the glossing shine spray and love them all.

Also when I used to go to the salon reguraly my stylist used their relaxer and Stimulations Conditioner on me. They're all very good products.

However I do have one complaint. I ordered a huge tub of the Lo-Lye relaxer and it burns the crap outta me, I don't know why. Not gonna use that anymore. But other than that it's a great line.

P.S.
The stimulations deep condish has mineral oil, so if you don't do the mineral oil you might not want to get that one.

Last edited:

leona2025

I've tried just about everything in that line. The Design Essentials Shampoo is my staple 'poo. Can not live without it.

I have the Express moisturizing conditioner, the setting lotion, wrap foam and the glossing shine spray and love them all.

Also when I used to go to the salon reguraly my stylist used their relaxer and Stimulations Conditioner on me. They're all very good products.

However I do have one complaint. I ordered a huge tub of the Lo-Lye relaxer and it burns the crap outta me, I don't know why. Not gonna use that anymore. But other than that it's a great line.

P.S.
The stimulations deep condish has mineral oil, so if you do do the mineral oil you might not want to get that one.

I'm gonna tell you a little secret. I have never read the ingredients on any product I have ever used, lol. If I try and like it I use it. I love the website and the package deals. I think I'm going to get a set and use it only for a few months and see what happens. I'm going to stick with ORS for the relaxer. I love it.

silkii_locks

I'm gonna tell you a little secret. I have never read the ingredients on any product I have ever used, lol. If I try and like it I use it. I love the website and the package deals. I think I'm going to get a set and use it only for a few months and see what happens. I'm going to stick with ORS for the relaxer. I love it.

Not a bad strategy, LOL.

I also went back to the ORS relaxer. It's great for the money.

leona2025

I love a good website and that one looks perfect to me and I love when I can buy all the types of products I want in one line.

I love this line. One of the stylists who used to work at Too Groovy uses this line. She shampoos with the design essentials and then uses the Keracare humecto conditioner to steam the hair. She then uses the HCO leave in to blow dry and the reflections shine when flat ironing and my hair looks great everytime. This line is really great for naturals and stretching. Give it a try!

Nubenap22

Ive used their relaxer pre transition for years. It was great for my hair. I just should not have relaxed every 4 weeks ( my final demise)

nathansgirl1908

eek! I guess I'm the party pooper then. I don't like Design Essentials. In fact I think the relaxers caused me some shedding and breakage. I don't like any of the products. But some products work better on others so you should try it and see how you like it.

silkii_locks

eek! I guess I'm the party pooper then. I don't like Design Essentials. In fact I think the relaxers caused me some shedding and breakage. I don't like any of the products. But some products work better on others so you should try it and see how you like it.

Well I can honestly my hair flourished while my stylist used the "regular" relaxer on me. But that Lo-Lye there's just something about that tears my scalp up!

Other than that I love their products. :lick:

dynamic1

My hair thrived while using these products while relaxed and transitioning. This was the line my stylist used.

nathansgirl1908

Well I can honestly my hair flourished while my stylist used the "regular" relaxer on me. But that Lo-Lye there's just something about that tears my scalp up!

Other than that I love their products. :lick:

Maybe my stylist was using the Lo-Lye on me because my scalp was also torn up once it was done. :ohwell:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I use the relaxer and Stimulations Conditioner when I go to the stylist. I was thinking about using this at home, when I ran out of CON......

hillytmj

I have tried it once at home and then I tried Keracare products the following week.
I really like how Design Essentials makes your hair feel moisturized and detangled (I have the moisturizing shampoo and Express conditioner).

I really wish the shampoo lathered up more and that they conditioner was a DC, then this line would be PERFECT to me.

Crystalicequeen123

Well unfortunately I can't vouch for all the products that you put a link to in your original post, but I have tried:

-DE Stimulations Deep Conditioner: (Awesome! Has pretty good slip, and I LOVE the tingling sensation!)

-DE Lo-Lye Relaxer: (Now 4 or 5 years ago, this relaxer was PERFECT for me. It didn't relax bone-straight, and I had AMAZING thickness & growth while using this relaxer. But they must have changed the formula of this relaxer because I used it early last year and it burned the crap out of me!!)

-DE Reg. Strength Lye Relaxer: (This relaxer was pretty good! In fact, my hair looked the BEST when I had this relaxer. My hair was smooth, shiny, and even though it's reg. strength, it was pretty gentle on my hair and scalp. I'm not sure why I switched)

P.S.
The stimulations deep condish has mineral oil, so if you don't do the mineral oil you might not want to get that one.

YES!! I don't know what happened to the Design Essentials Lo-Lye relaxer either! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I thought I was going crazy! :dizzy: I'm telling you, just 4 or 5 years ago this relaxer NEVER burned my scalp. But last year when I used it again after not using it in a while, my scalp felt like it was on FIRE! :nono: This is supposed to be a MILD relaxer...more like a texturizer, and years ago it was perfect for my hair. My hair was thick, thriving, and wasn't bone straight. But I think they changed the formula and made it stronger or something because it just does not do right anymore. :(

All this talk about DE makes me wonder if maybe I should just go back to the DE Regular strength relaxer. It was fairly gentle, and my hair looked pretty awsome with it too. Barely ANY tangles in my hair at all. I'm still debating on whether or not I really like the ORS No-lye relaxer. It's gentle and my hair is getting thicker, but I'm not sure I really like how bushy my hair feels. :nono: My hair doesn't feel sleek and smooth. It feels limp, fine, easily tangles, and not that strong. :ohwell:

I'm thinking about going back to Design Essentials regular....hmmm..... :scratchch

hillytmj

Well unfortunately I can't vouch for all the products that you put a link to in your original post, but I have tried:

-DE Stimulations Deep Conditioner: (Awesome! Has pretty good slip, and I LOVE the tingling sensation!)

-DE Lo-Lye Relaxer: (Now 4 or 5 years ago, this relaxer was PERFECT for me. It didn't relax bone-straight, and I had AMAZING thickness & growth while using this relaxer. But they must have changed the formula of this relaxer because I used it early last year and it burned the crap out of me!!)

-DE Reg. Strength Lye Relaxer: (This relaxer was pretty good! In fact, my hair looked the BEST when I had this relaxer. My hair was smooth, shiny, and even though it's reg. strength, it was pretty gentle on my hair and scalp. I'm not sure why I switched)

YES!! I don't know what happened to the Design Essentials Lo-Lye relaxer either! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I thought I was going crazy! :dizzy: I'm telling you, just 4 or 5 years ago this relaxer NEVER burned my scalp. But last year when I used it again after not using it in a while, my scalp felt like it was on FIRE! :nono: This is supposed to be a MILD relaxer...more like a texturizer, and years ago it was perfect for my hair. My hair was thick, thriving, and wasn't bone straight. But I think they changed the formula and made it stronger or something because it just does not do right anymore. :(

All this talk about DE makes me wonder if maybe I should just go back to the DE Regular strength relaxer. It was fairly gentle, and my hair looked pretty awsome with it too. Barely ANY tangles in my hair at all. I'm still debating on whether or not I really like the ORS No-lye relaxer. It's gentle and my hair is getting thicker, but I'm not sure I really like how bushy my hair feels. :nono: My hair doesn't feel sleek and smooth. It feels limp, fine, easily tangles, and not that strong. :ohwell:

I'm thinking about going back to Design Essentials regular....hmmm..... :scratchch

I didn't realize they had a DC. I may stick with this line too.