Did My Henna Last Night!

empressaja

Me likey!!!! The reason I wanted to Henna is because I wanted to dye my hair blue-black w/ no chemicals the extra strength and conditioning would be an added extra.. When I put it in I didn't like how stiff it was but next time I'll add more Olive oil. When I rinsed the henna out I could tell instantly that my hair was stronger also my new growth was more loose than usual. My synthetic black dye had somewhat washed out a bit in certain areas so I was like Oh Crap I hope this takes and goes to blue-black and not green lol. Then added the Indigo paste put a plastic cap on ( I had to use three because of the mess lol) Wrap my head in my darkest navy blue towel. And did house chores till 10pm. Rinsed added conditioner I could n't tell if my hair was stronger or dry it was really shiny though I rinsed. Then I added infusium 23 combed through added WGO scrunched with a towel diffused ( My fake wash n go relaxed hair on the ends) and went bed I woke up this am with the shinest hair. It feels really strong. I have decided that next time since my hair is so dark already I will do 2/3 Indigo and 1/3 Henna cause its the deep blue black collor I want. The conditioning from the Henna will be the bonus. Thanks all you Henna ladies.

ChocoKitty

Congrats Birdie! Your results sound wonderful.

I'm eagerly awaiting my henna samples. I want black hair too.:D

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Um...My name is Enchantmt and I have a BLUE HAIR FETISH!! :)

Please tell me what you used and where you purchased it from. I havent done a blue/black color because I didnt want to use a regular permanent color and my semi perm standy doesnt hold on my natural hair.

TIA :)

empressaja

Enchantmt said:
Um...My name is Enchantmt and I have a BLUE HAIR FETISH!! :)

Please tell me what you used and where you purchased it from. I havent done a blue/black color because I didnt want to use a regular permanent color and my semi perm standy doesnt hold on my natural hair.

TIA :)
I also have a blue-blue hair obsession. I used 100g Henna mixed w/ Olive oil and lemon Juice. I let it sit over night.
The next day I applied the Henna left in like 30 minutes and then rinsed.

I mixed 100g Indigo w/ warm water. Apllied it to damp/ towel dried hair. Cover w/ 3 plastic caps and let it sit for and hour. Its black but I will do it again this weekend to get it more blue- black. This next time i will change up the ingredients a bit. I will add more and I'will mixed 1/3 henna w/ 2/3 indigo or more.
I'll post pics tommorow.

MSLONG

Congratulations

I too did my first henna treatment last night. I cant over how strong and shiny my hair is today.

I love to experiment, so I probably will do the indigo mix one of these days.
One thing is for certain though...HENNA is for LIFE!!! :grin:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
birdie said:
I also have a blue-blue hair obsession. I used 100g Henna mixed w/ Olive oil and lemon Juice. I let it sit over night.
The next day I applied the Henna left in like 30 minutes and then rinsed.

I mixed 100g Indigo w/ warm water. Apllied it to damp/ towel dried hair. Cover w/ 3 plastic caps and let it sit for and hour. Its black but I will do it again this weekend to get it more blue- black. This next time i will change up the ingredients a bit. I will add more and I'will mixed 1/3 henna w/ 2/3 indigo or more.
I'll post pics tommorow.

Thanks for the info. :)
I'm going to read through some of the other henna threads later.
Also where did you purchase your products?

TIA

ETA: To clarify, did you mix the henna and indigo together, or were they two seperate applicatons?

empressaja

Enchantmt said:
Thanks for the info. :)
I'm going to read through some of the other henna threads later.
Also where did you purchase your products?

TIA

ETA: To clarify, did you mix the henna and indigo together, or were they two seperate applicatons?

I got the products from www.Mehandi.com. I ordered 200g of each.

I applied them in seperate applications, but he next time I may mix together and just use mostly Indigo and a little Henna to get the color I want.
Its cool to me how I can play with the mixes and not have to worry about damaging my hair because it is making my hair better w/ every application.

sareca

Congrats! Did you take pics? Hi my name is Sareca and I'm obsessed with photographs of henna'd hair. :sekret: