DID YOU GET AMAZING GROWTH FROM BUNNING?? - POST YOUR PHOTOS HERE?

chelleypie810

I've been bunning for about a month now and though pictures can't show..my layers are growing growing! Last week I wore my hair out for the first time in 3 weeks which is a big deal because I used to always wear my hair out and my hair looked really good. SO was even commenting on it. I'm back in buns this week and going to wear it out again for valentines day, washing my hair with WEN! I'm super excited to try because HairOne was fantabulous and people say wen is even better! OT but oh well! I'm going to keep bunning until I get to a little past shoulder length, and wear it out more but still keep bunning the majority of the time to get to bsl which is my goal.

Reecie

bump...This is a great thread...more pics please.

UPDATE: I DID, I DID!!:woohoo:

I completed a no heat/bunning challenge from Sep 2009 - Feb 2010. Here are my results

SEP 2009

FEB 2010

taz007

^^^ Lookin' good, Reecie! Fantastic progress!

Did you wet bun? How often did you take the bun down to moisturize?

Janet'

Thanks Reecie...your length is great...you're giving me inspiration!:grin:
UPDATE: I DID, I DID!!:woohoo:

I completed a no heat/bunning challenge from Sep 2009 - Feb 2010. Here are my results

SEP 2009

FEB 2010

Reecie

bump...This is a great thread...more pics please.

^^^ Lookin' good, Reecie! Fantastic progress!

Did you wet bun? How often did you take the bun down to moisturize?

Thanks, girlie. To be honest, Taz, I've been rocking the SAME double bun 24/7 since September. I do not wet bun, I just airdry and continue to style. I have a video on my blog and youtube channel on my bun tutorial ... which I'm scared to name or provide a link based on the new rules around here...:look:....... but you can find the links from my Fotki page.

So to answer your second question. Whenever my hair feels dry, I will moisturize and seal, but since I've been DCing overnight on dry hair, I can go several days without having to moisturize. I just listen to my hair and when it feels dry I will moisturize it (morning and/or night).

Hope that helps.

Diva_Esq

Not sure if this qualifies as amazing, but I did make progress and I continue to bun the majority of the time! These are 5 month comparison shots.

Aug 2009 (thin, split ends and uncharacteristically short length for me, breakage purse strap side)

January 2010 (more length, thick, full ends, no breakage, layers grown out)

BostonMaria

I just started to consistently bun my hair so I don't know if its given me amazing growth yet. I wash, rollerset and bun for a week. I'll flatiron in March and bump this thread with an update. My goal is to bun till June so I can be full WSL.

irsgirl

I have decided to bun 6 months out of the year(fall and winter months)November to April and wear my hair out (spring and summer months) May to October. I just started November 1, 2009.

RosesBlack

I finally got some good comparison shots.

This was my hair in July 2008. I had over processed and was not really bunning consistantly at all.

And this one I took last night. I am about 6 months post texlax and where my hair is kinda standing out that is all NG under there.

Yesterday I wore a kind of semi-loose fluffy bun type thing and my hair got damp and that is the result.

The Man Unit and I tried to get a length shot but I haven't done any straightening at all and we couldn't get one. I've got a few inches of shrinkage going.

So instead I got inspired because of you ladies and made a little video/slideshow. My hair grows pretty slowly, it's not super awesome long or anything but I have come such a long way. You can watch the video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDmygNpUsFo

indarican

I love this thread, SUBSCRIBING!!!! I just started bunning daily At the end of decemeber. i will be getting my touchup in a week so hopefully ill see the progress.

drappedup

I wet bun all the time. I pretty much always have my hair in a bun these days, and I have definitely noticed a difference as far as my hair growth retention goes. I have only been regularly doing it since March of this year, so it's not MUCH compared to you guys, but let's just say when I first started bunning I could NOT even cover my sock donut completely, and now my hair more than easily wraps around ALL of it! I'm about SL right now, which is a MAJOR improvement to where I was six months ago. :D

I am proud, can ya tell? Lol. :blush: