DID YOU GET AMAZING GROWTH FROM BUNNING?? - POST YOUR PHOTOS HERE?

~Hair~Fetish~

Could I see pictures of your buns? The one reason why I don't bun is because I can't make mine "glam" enough lol. I like your bun in your siggy OP but I don't know if my hair is long enough to achieve that look bc my hair is short n curly.

Maybe I will experiment some looks with buns. I love the progress pics here!

Out of sheer laziness, I've pretty much been bunning for the past few months. I don't even know how to "fix" my hair in a straight style anymore. Here are pics of my sloppy/lazy bun and my "tendrils" :lachen: in the front. Hopefully it'll get me to BSL by Christmas. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ry=480.jpg
    ry=480.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 263
  • ry=481.jpg
    ry=481.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 246

~Hair~Fetish~

Bronx, Now that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. How is that not miraculous growth? Yeah, it may not be as long as you would like, but look at your ends, girl?? It looks like in 7 months you gained about 2.5 inches and your ends look amazingly thick. What's your entire bunning reggie?? I love it. Exactly what I'm looking for in this post.

Ms Reecie I'm gon need a step by step of how you did your siggy bun. :yep:

Sonye93

This thread is soo cool. I have a bun regimen: My wash day is on Saturday, I'll rollerset and leave my hair down from there till Tuesday. Wednesday I'll put it in a bun until my next wash day! Hope to see growth.

keriplz

Out of sheer laziness, I've pretty much been bunning for the past few months. I don't even know how to "fix" my hair in a straight style anymore. Here are pics of my sloppy/lazy bun and my "tendrils" :lachen: in the front. Hopefully it'll get me to BSL by Christmas. :rolleyes:

Very Pretty! :grin:

trendsetta25

Hey Trend, the last (2.5 - 3 inches) are killing me!!:wallbash: So you're going to stretch for around 6 months while bunning? Is that correct? Also, do you wet bun or let it airdry and then bun? Basically, what products and techniques to you use to do your bun.

I absolutely can not relax while on Accutane or my hair will fall out as i was told in the support thread for Accutane:naughty:. I have to be on this for 5 months and then wait another month for it to officially leave my system, so yes i'm forced to stretch for 6 months (god help us all :nervous2:).

I think I'm going to air dry and then bun. I'm going to use my V05 Moisture Milks and Pure coconut oil or my Aloe Juice mix (Glycerin and Rosewater mix with Aloe Juice in a spray bottle) as my moisture and seal products. I'm going to do the baggy method and cover my buns with a drawstring pony. :yep: I'm really going to have to keep my hair moisturized since Accutane will dry my skin, scalp and hair out. :eek2:

Reecie

I absolutely can not relax while on Accutane or my hair will fall out as i was told in the support thread for Accutane:naughty:. I have to be on this for 5 months and then wait another month for it to officially leave my system, so yes i'm forced to stretch for 6 months (god help us all :nervous2:).

I think I'm going to air dry and then bun. I'm going to use my V05 Moisture Milks and Pure coconut oil or my Aloe Juice mix (Glycerin and Rosewater mix with Aloe Juice in a spray bottle) as my moisture and seal products. I'm going to do the baggy method and cover my buns with a drawstring pony. :yep: I'm really going to have to keep my hair moisturized since Accutane will dry my skin, scalp and hair out. :eek2:

Girl, your stretch is going to benefit you immensely. Remember, just because you're bunning it up, doesn't mean you can't look sexy while doing it. I'm going to be experimenting with cute, sexy styles that I'll be excited to rock and something very feminine.

Your moisturizing reggie is on point. I can't wait for your progress photos in February!!!:grin::grin:

trendsetta25

Reecie I hope so. I get mad everytime my sis (luvovcandy) sends me pics of her hair and her pony's. All she does is bun. I just recently installed 7oz of Lugo's Wet and Wavy hair on her that she said she's planning on keeping in for 1-2 months.

TeeWhyAre

completely agree w/ those that say babygurl. her fotki is limited because she's creating her own site but you can go to the site to see some her two years worth of progress pix: http://members.fotki.com/BabygurlNC/about/

Anyway, I'm on my personal baggy-bunning challenge until July '10. I wanna see how much I can get in the one year by baggy bunning and dc'ing weekly. i used to co-wash daily and have trimmed it down to once a week. usually when i just can't keep my hands out of my hair anymore.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I will relax in a few days myself, and it's back to bunning. Hoping to make full BSL by Christmas, but if not, so be it. Keep on trucking. This is not a race. It's much more important for me to have healthier, thicker hair. :)

angenoir

I think bunning works well if you moisturize well and dont do buns that are pulled too tight.
I think your hair has to be long enough to easily put in a bun. I bunned for some weeks this year with my NL-SL length and it did more harm than good. My edges and nape suffered and I had some breakage and a little thinning. I am back on track now but I did learn my lesson and I am waiting for more length before I bun again consistently.

rainbowknots

what do you ladies do with your ends when you bun. My hair isn't that long, so I just tuck my ends under the holder. My ends look so horrid and ragged from doing this. Any suggestions on how to keep your ends protected from the actual holder

socurlyqt

what do you ladies do with your ends when you bun. My hair isn't that long, so I just tuck my ends under the holder. My ends look so horrid and ragged from doing this. Any suggestions on how to keep your ends protected from the actual holder

Perhaps you should use bobby pins and pin them under? Or u could but baggy your hair underneath a phony pony.

Jade Feria

Here's a pic of me using asummertyme's bunning technique with the extra counterclockwise twist. It works wonders for my buns...makes them look so much fuller! I know my part isn't straight, I did it with my fingers. I don't have any bobby pins in either, since I just did it to stay in the house.

Here is her video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO-lFiuOpak

Growth pics in progress...

Attachments

• IMG00423-20091004-0105.jpg
    IMG00423-20091004-0105.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 115

RosesBlack

I feel like my results from bunning are amazing even though my hair isn't that long yet.

This was my hair in July 08.

My hair last month. It's the big version of my siggy pic from when I blow dried my hair last.

From bunning my hair has gotten way thicker and my raggedy ends have improved a lot.

My bunning reggie is super simple.

I wash/DC 1 time a week.
I moisturize and bun after I air dry about 80%.
I take my bun down and moisturize/scritch my scalp at night.
Bun in a different spot.
Put my scarf on.
Rinse..repeat.

Ladies who are frustrated with your progress hold on. I was pretty convinced my hair was not growing at all until I realized that my bun techniques had/have to change as my hair has gotten longer and thicker. If I can get to that point anyone can. It took me a long time to get my hair figured out after joining LHCF and am just in the last year or so seeing the fruits of my labor/patience.

If I remember I'll try to do a comparison shot from the same angle as the first one. My hair is still way wet right now so I don't' want to wrestle it.

I still don't really know how to do many fancy buns. I do a ballerina style bun way up on my head or at the base of my neck. Sometimes I do little French twists with a big butterfly clip.

In the summer I do a wash n go French twist if I cowash before work and don't feel like doing anything else.

MzJai

I've recently started bunning and I LOVE the ease of it.:grin:

My hair wasn't long enough (IMO) to put into a comfortable ponytail without pulling the mess outta my edges:nono:, but since removing my weave in December and babying my hair, i've noticed enough growth to comfortably do this.

I normally co-wash/oil rinse nightly(whatever conditioner I have), apply some conditioner to my hair (Mazani Hydrafuse, because it's really thick), let dry about 75% then moisturize/oil (HE LTR leave in and castor oil) then bun. I tie down with my scarf overnight and just remove in the morning. No need to brush, comb or fix.....just GO!!!!!

Attachments

• Winter 2010 068.jpg
    Winter 2010 068.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Winter 2010 069.jpg
    Winter 2010 069.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 73
  • Winter 2010 071.jpg
    Winter 2010 071.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Hair bun 2-9.jpg
    Hair bun 2-9.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

gissellr78

I bun because i am lazyyy....I was not a bunner but i have no clue how to style my hair anymore is like i forgot lol

So my bunning has helped my progress because my hair is kept moisturized and i have less breakage. I don't wet bun tho because i don't cowash.

Attachments

• low_res.jpg
    low_res.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 208