"Did You Nexxus Ladies Know......"

~*~ShopAholic~*~

for best results:
Shampoo with the NEXXUS® shampoo for your hair type. Apply an ample amount of EMERGENCÉE to completely cover the hair. Work through. Leave on for 1-2 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Shampoo with THERAPPE® Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo and follow with HUMECTRESS® Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling. EMERGENCÉE is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to chemical services. Not recommended for use with relaxers.

I was on the Nexxus site actually looking for the mixture of the Omni Pak, Love this DC, anyway, and saw the get your hair profile thingy and when I looked at the overview for the Emergencee' I noticed the bolded part. I never remember this before it was sold to Alberto, I wonder why now it's not "recommended" for relaxed heads, and also why is it left on for such a shorter time? Have any of you ladies used the new formula of the Emergencee' yet? if so have you noticed new different results?
I still have my the old formula and never had problems w/it. I guess I can start to believe the formula may have changed even if they still list the same ingredients, it may more or less of the product. :ohwell: I have been using Aphoghee mixed w/EQP anti breakage serum-intensive treatment, and that has been giving me the ultimate strength every 6 wks. Atleast I've found an alternative.

Well I hope so because I never saw it before, all the times I used to stalk the site, LOL, they also don't have the Omni pak ingredients mixture available, :( .
MizaniMami said:
I think that means do not use DURING the relaxing process.

You can always call customer service just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure they mean don't use it during.

Girl, look at you getting all upset lol. I had to do a double take too, I love me some emergencee.

I saw a bottle of Emergencee this past weekend and the directions were just liek the ones you posted.

I bought a bottle a few months ago from a salon and the directions were totally different. It said to place a plastic cap on and sit under the dryer for 10 min.

I am not sure why they changed the directions. :confused:

I know, I just never saw the " Not recommend for use w/relaxers", I'm thinking that you leave it on for a lesser time because it maybe more stronger and needs less time to work, therefore may revert the relaxed hair, I know alot of pple complained about there hair reverting after using it b4. I will take MizaniMami advise and call to find out. But I would rather hear about pple's experience w/the new formula.
HoneyDew said:
I saw a bottle of Emergencee this past weekend and the directions were just liek the ones you posted.

I bought a bottle a few months ago from a salon and the directions were totally different. It said to place a plastic cap on and sit under the dryer for 10 min.

I am not sure why they changed the directions. :confused:

I emailed them last night. I will let you guys knwo what they say.

Applying and rinsing after a few min vs. leaving on for 10 min under a dryer is a MAJOR change!

I just checked my bottle (I don't think it's the new Alberto one), but it doesn't have the bolded part on it.....I dunno

Ok, I got an email response from the nexxus/alberto people.

But, 1st, did you guys know that they are renaming it to Aloxxi Polymedic? KerapHix is going to be Aloxxi Keramix. Anyway, that is new to me.

Here is the response I got from Nexxus:

Thank you for contacting Nexxus Beauty Products regarding your interest in our company and its products. We are happy to supply you with the information that you have requested.

We have recently changed the directions on the Emergencee treatment. Please follow the new directions and leave on hair 1-2 minutes only. We have found that you will receive the maximum benefit in this time frame. In additon, you can use this product on relaxed hair. We do not recommend using this product during the relax chemical process.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for contacting Nexxus Beauty Products.

Sincerely,

Jessie West
Consumer Relations Representative

I am going to respond and let him/her know how we have all been using it to see what they think of that.

Faith said:
How soon after a relaxer can emergencee be used?

I am not sure about that. I can ask when they respond to my last email.

I have used it as early as a week after. But, I think it reverts some of my freshly relaxed new growth. :look:

But, I have to say, Emergencee really makes my hair feel soft. I did not use it for a long time and the softness that I had been getting used to faded away. After Emergencee and deep conditioning, I felt that softness right away. I think it is the Elastins in there.

I hope the Aloxxi brand is not a new formulation. :ohwell:

HoneyDew said:

But, 1st, did you guys know that they are renaming it to Aloxxi Polymedic? KerapHix is going to be Aloxxi Keramix. Anyway, that is new to me.

Thank you for contacting Nexxus Beauty Products regarding your interest in our company and its products. We are happy to supply you with the information that you have requested.

We have recently changed the directions on the Emergencee treatment. Please follow the new directions and leave on hair 1-2 minutes only. We have found that you will receive the maximum benefit in this time frame. In additon, you can use this product on relaxed hair. We do not recommend using this product during the relax chemical process.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for contacting Nexxus Beauty Products.

Sincerely,

Jessie West

I am going to respond and let him/her know how we have all been using it to see what they think of that.

They probably learned from us here at LHCF.;)
Thanks for posting their reply.

I don't think leaving it in for a couple of min. and rinsing is going to do anything for me.

Besides, I pay so much for this stuff, I feel like I want to get some good use out of it.

HoneyDew said:
I don't think leaving it in for a couple of min. and rinsing is going to do anything for me.

Besides, I pay so much for this stuff, I feel like I want to get some good use out of it.

EXACTLY, I am still going to do it for 20 minutes with heat. I did some online comparing and the ingredients are the same...WTF???

I am going to continue using it the same way, as well.

Now that I have used it several times with long periods of time in between each treatment, I can tell how well my hair takes it using it under the dryer while it hardens.

HoneyDew said:

Sincerely,

Jessie West

so confusing! why in the hell would somebody use this during the chem process?:confused: :confused:

Plenty706,

I considered using it during the relaxer process as a subsitute for the reconstructor that came in the box because the included reconstructor tangles my hair badly. One LHCF member used it this way and said it worked fine. Another said her hair reverted immediately which is why I think it's not recommended. I used it the day after relaxing to tame relaxer-related breakage but never used it as a reconstructor. Instead I used keraphix.

There have been several threads on the dangers of using proteins immediately after relaxing but I don't believe emergencee is a true proterin conditioner. It is a polymeric reconstructor.

I used this during the relaxing process:( I didn't know back then,my hair didn' break or anything. It actually looked nice. BUT i def. wouldn't recommend it!

Thank You, HD, that cleared it up for me. I just don't know why anyone would use anything else along w/the process of a relaxer, it just seemed to me they would have advises not use during any chemical process, I wonder why they pointed out relaxer only. Well thanks for taking out the time to find out. :)
HoneyDew said:

Sincerely,

Jessie West

Back