Question: Nexxus EMERGENCEE users

webby

Think Slim
I just read the directions for using Emergencee and it says that after 10 minutes you should rinse and then shampoo again (using Nexxus Therappe). Do any of you follow these steps?

I would like to use a deep, moisturizing conditioner following Emergencee, but don't know if the second shampoo is really necessary.

nicki6

In my opinion, you definitely should shampoo again because Emergencee is an intensive protein treatment and if left on may cause breakge. Followed the directions exactly and had no problems

webby

Think Slim
I did shampoo again, used Creme of Nature Conditioning shampoo, but may end up buying Therappe anyway.

My hair was so easy to comb after Emergencee, followed by Sedal for 20 minutes. I forgot to use my leave-in...that's how easy it was to manage.

Thanks ladies.

bocagirl

[ QUOTE ]
I did shampoo again, used Creme of Nature Conditioning shampoo, but may end up buying Therappe anyway.

My hair was so easy to comb after Emergencee, followed by Sedal for 20 minutes. I forgot to use my leave-in...that's how easy it was to manage.

Thanks ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Webby, did you use heat with the protein or deep conditioning treatments

VelvetRain

I definitley shampoo after this treatment. Although I don't use therappe. I use Kenra. At least when you rinse it out you can be certain you got rid of the residue from the emergencee.

iCandey

i didnt know we were to shampoo after emergencee, my directions rubbed off...I have had some breakage

VelvetRain

icandy I got breakage too last fall when I did emergencee and didn't wash after. You have an older bottle and so did I. The newer bottles say you have to wash after.

ubavka123

Yes, please wash after. Your hair will feel like sandpaper otherwise. I used it last night and just from the feel of my wet hair after I rinsed it, I knew this stuff had to be washed out. It is good stuff, but I cannot imagine not washing it out as directed. I also cannot believe that the Nexxus people just figured that out and changed the label!!!

Tonya

My bottle did not say wash it only said rinse and use Humectress...which I did and my hair turned out great...very soft and no breakage as of yet. Dang....there is always a trick somewhere huh?

webby

Think Slim
ubavka123, that's a huge oversight if the second washing was not on the label.

Tonya, I forgot to use my leave-in, but my hair was so soft. However, I did wash a second time and then used a deep conditioner. I'm sure that your hair will be ok Tonya, but at least now we know that it requires a second shampooing.

FrizzMizz

So are you supposed to wash with shampoo after all intensive treatments?

I just did a sebastian Penetrait treatment last night on my natural hair. It didn't say to rinse with shampoo afterwards on the bottle but then again I've had the product for about a year. I hope they haven't changed the directions at the last minute like Nexxus. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

BTW: The treatment came out great. But I'd hate for some
more breakage to creep up on me. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

webby

Think Slim
Frizz, you just rinse out Penetrait. You need to reshampoo after using Emergencee. If you only used Penetrait, you should be ok.

NappyNikki

Whew!!! I was in a panick over here. I ran and checked my bottle and it did not say to shampoo afterwards. It just said to rinse. So far no breakage over here either.

webby

Think Slim
NappyNikki, how old is your bottle of Emergencee. It seems that Nexxus must have just added the second shampoo.

NappyNikki

I bought it about a month ago from a local BSS. It came in a grey bottle. I check the Nexxus website and have posted the directions from their website.

DIRECTIONS: Shampoo with the NEXXUS shampoo for your hair type. Apply an ample amount of EMERGENCÉ to completely cover the hair. Comb through. Cover hair with plastic cap. Leave in for 10 minutes with or without heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Towel dry. Massage a small amount of NEXXUS HUMECTRESS ULTIMATE MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER into the hair to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling. EMERGENCÉ is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to all chemical services.

webby

Think Slim
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I just bought my bottle, just as you described, a week ago at a beauty salon. I read the bottle at least 3 times, because it was the first and only time I've seen instructions that called for a second washing. When I get home, I'll post exactly what my bottle says.

This is all too confusing, however I rather wash a second time, just to play it safe.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I'm thinking they changed the formulation and the old directions are safe w/the old formula. I know many people for sometime have been using Emergencee w/o pooing afterwards and still were very happy w/the product. I don't think there's much need to panic. If your bottle didn't direct you to poo again your safe. If it does don't ignore it, do it! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
Leave it to Seng to bring some logic to my madness /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Good point!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/kiss.gif. Sometimes this hair thing drives us a little /images/graemlins/drunk.gif. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tonya

I had a smlal bottle it was only 5 dollars...I kept thinking I got jipped...but those are EXActly the directions on my bottle!

webby

Think Slim
Wow, I paid $14.00 for my little bottle. In fact, I don't think that they make a bigger bottle. Maybe "I" got jipped /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

webby

Think Slim
NappyNikki, I almost forgot to post this, but here's what my bottle says.

DIRECTIONS:
Shampoo with the NEXXUS shampoo for your hair type. Apply an ample amount of EMERGENCÉE to completely cover the hair. Work through. Cover hair with plastic cap. Leave in for 10 minutes with or without heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Towel dry. <font color="red">Shampoo with THERAPPE LUXURY MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO</font> and follow with HUMECTRESS ULTIMATE MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling. EMERGENCÉ is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to all chemical services.

AJamericanDiva

The bottle that I have doesn't call for a second shampoo. It's only to be followed with Humectress, but I use a moisturizing conditioner like my Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner, Pantene Relaxed and Naturals or Keracare Humecto.

Cowgirl

This is all very interesting as I plan to purchase some Emergencee as soon as I get home. As Seng stated, I wonder if there's been a change in the formulation that is now requiring the second shampoo. Anyone notice anything different in the ingredients?

Britt

So do I. My hair feels soo hard after using it. I shampoo and make sure it is all out then I use a moisturizing con.