Question: Nexxus EMERGENCEE users

sengschick

The Bun Master
Once a month, unless some hair EMERGENCEE has occurred. I /images/graemlins/love.gif this stuff.

@Tonya: Can you sale us all some $5 Emergencee. I dished out $15 for the baby sized bottle @ Penny's. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif And every place else I looked didn't even carry it! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hadiyah

I never shampooed after using it, I never had bad results, no breakage shedding etc...but I do rinse for about 10 minutes, eveytime I have shedding I use it and it stops it and works like a charm.

Nonie

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking they changed the formulation and the old directions are safe w/the old formula. I know many people for sometime have been using Emergencee w/o pooing afterwards and still were very happy w/the product. I don't think there's much need to panic. If your bottle didn't direct you to poo again your safe. If it does don't ignore it, do it! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seng, that was what I was thinking. So I called Nexxus to ask. The customer service lady assured me nothing had changed in the formula. When I asked why all the bottles I have ever bought never mentioned shampooing with Therappe but only mentioned using Humectress before styling, while my friends have bottles that mention shampooing with Therappe, she said that they decided to be more specific. After a bit more dialog it became clear that she wasn't aware of the fact that there ever directions that didn't mention shampooing afterwards. She thought I might have an old bottle but I got mine less than a month ago, and when I described the bottle, she agreed that was the NEW bottle. She put me on hold for a bit then returned to say that previously, light shampooing was only suggested but never spelled out and that they decided to be clearer on their labels. She said that shampooing is neccessary to get the most (ultimate results) from Emergencée. /images/graemlins/huh.gif I read out the directions so she'd see there was no hint of a "suggestion" to shampoo after treatment. She again assured me that the formula had not changed and that using it the way we've always done, ie without shampooing after treatment, should be fine... That using a light shampoo would help remove any remaining traces of Emergencée that might remain if one doesn't rinse well, but that it isn't necessary. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Er...OK (I think). /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Methinks that because the bottles failed to stress the importance of thorough rinsing, like say a reconstructor like GPB does, a few pple had problems with residue protein, hence the addition of the new line. I'm assuming that the cap you wear allows penetration of Emerg-agents (I made that up /images/graemlins/grin.gif ), so they reasoned that light shampooing will only remove the residue on the outside and therefore the risk of protein residue problems. Just MHO.

I guess those who've never had problems have just been thorough in their rinsing. I know I spend a good 2-3 mins rinsing it off, and then just as long rinsing off the moisturizing conditioner. And finally I dunk my head in an ACV solution till I get bored.

Tonya

[ QUOTE ]
Once a month, unless some hair EMERGENCEE has occurred. I /images/graemlins/love.gif this stuff.

@Tonya: Can you sale us all some $5 Emergencee. I dished out $15 for the baby sized bottle @ Penny's. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif And every place else I looked didn't even carry it! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure!!! I am always willing to help a fellow hair suster out, I have a package to dfeliver to the post office now....

Thanks for the heads up Nonie., I am using Emergence tonight. It has been 3 weeks since my last treatment. I will champoo tonight but it will not be a Nessuxx shampoos.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Thanks for the follow-up Nonie!! Well I'm happy I bought the new bottle on the first go-round. Had I not I'm sure it would have ended in another poor protein experience. Using Therrape before and after gives me wonderfully soft and silky hair after the treatment. Over the weekend I did a treatment and sat w/Humectress in for 30 mins w/heat after the second poo. Great results, great hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I don't think it's ever advised to leave concentrated protein in your hair /images/graemlins/nono.gif. So extended rinsing or pooing I think is a wise practice.

melodee

Yes, thanks nonie, you information getter you! My bottle(large economy size) says to follow the water rinse with Humectress as a leave in, but doesn't mention shampooing either. I usually do a CO wash with Humectress with no probs, but now I'll try the shampoo.

blasianbeauty

When I use Emergencee, I just follow up with humectress for about 30 minutes, rinse and then add headress to wrap set my hair. I don't think that it's necessary to shampoo again.

webby

Think Slim
Nonie, thanks for the clearing up the confusion. I just cannot afford to lose hair as a result of poor, or unclear directions. Big hugs to you!!!

lovechic

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
Leave it to Seng to bring some logic to my madness /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Good point!

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="black"> </font> yep, she knows her stuff! we luv her 4 her insight! /images/graemlins/clap.gif