Did you use to hate/dread your new growth B4 LHCF?

IWantBSl09

I'm going to admit, I used to hate my new growth (I'm relaxed) because I knew it would have meant walking around with new growth and straight/relaxed hair. Like before I found LHCF and BHM, I used to :wallbash::wallbash: at my new growth but only because it never occured to me it was new growth coming out my hair. I used to think it was my relaxer reverting back starting at the roots, man oh man am I lucky to have found BHM and LHCF and other websites :grin::grin:

ayoung

I did too! I had no idea what to do with it. I wanted it to grow--but didn't want the new growth:spinning: :lol:

I hated to moisturize it b/c that meant I was gonna have to wash it--which meant I would look crazy b/c I had no idea how to do my own hair until I found LHCF.

* I even 'moisturized' it with OIL SHEEN b/c it was lighter than other things--crazy*

Dposh167

i still dread my new growth even after lhcf! :blush:...but only around my edges. It can really 'F' up a slicked back style. Usually around 10-12 weeks is when i'm really dreading it!:perplexed

nomoweavesfome

I still dread mine. my hair is only straight all of 2 weeks out of 12, then here it comes. If my hair was a different texture I wouldn't mind.

For example, right now I am 5 weeks post and I have freakin ugly behind roll up peas on my edges. I can't bun or wear my hair back.

Don't tell me about gel, because the peas just laugh. I just hate it.

I am forced to wear wigs which I don't mind but sometimes I don't want to wear a wig.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Actually I didn't mind the NG coming in, I just hated that it wouldn't come in straight! Yeah I know that's narrow-minded thinking, but I was just tired of having to relax 4-6 times a year.

Ediese

It's funny that you bring this up because before the hair boards, I didn't have any idea what the heck it was. lol It would really irritate me. lol Anyway, I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Southernbella.

:lachen::lachen:Yes! I didn't know you could flat iron it. I thought you HAD to relax when as soon as the newgrowth came in.:nono: I can't believe I still had hair on my head.

basketballbabe03

I didn't like my new growth before coming to LHCF. But then again, I didn't know it was new growth, I just thought that I was "sweating out" my relaxer, lol

CheLala13

I love it now!! I'm transitioning and it lets me know my hair is growing! I can't keep my hands from touching it. I love feeling the little curls!

MizAvalon

I hated it because I didn't know what to do with it. I knew it was new growth but I just didn't know how to handle the 2 textures.

I can't believe I used to relax every 6 weeks! :eek:

nodisrespect

I didn't hate my new growth before, but I'm starting to hate it now. I'm four months post and amongst the forest, I have long strands of spiral-curled new growth and it's SOOOOOOOOO annoying... I can't comb it out at all. I'm so ready to straighten.

SimpleKomplexity

i still dread my new growth even after lhcf! :blush:...but only around my edges. It can really 'F' up a slicked back style. Usually around 10-12 weeks is when i'm really dreading it!:perplexed

I do too!! I'm about 12 weeks now, and MAN...I have a case of helmet hair. I'm grateful my hair is growing but DANG I can'tg et it to do what I want it to do

Chromia

I'm going to admit, I used to hate my new growth (I'm relaxed) because I knew it would have meant walking around with new growth and straight/relaxed hair. Like before I found LHCF and BHM, I used to :wallbash::wallbash: at my new growth but only because it never occured to me it was new growth coming out my hair. I used to think it was my relaxer reverting back starting at the roots, man oh man am I lucky to have found BHM and LHCF and other websites :grin::grin:
I didn't like my new growth before coming to LHCF. But then again, I didn't know it was new growth, I just thought that I was "sweating out" my relaxer, lol
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who used to think this. When my stylist used to tell me it was time for a touchup I used to think "what did I do wrong" or I thought it was from sweating.

Nayeli

Dread? Most definitely. Cause for an ex four-week relaxer gal like myself, that meant runnin to the shop. Of course now I can't wait to see that ng pushing out.